+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By Ahov

Thread: Age of the Cleric (PvP)

Default Age of the Cleric (PvP)

Methinks they'd best get on fixing warrior dps and figure something out for mages...cause right now my warden spec is damn near unkillable. Just did a BG earlier where I simply stood on the fang and healed myself through the other team while eventually...over a grueling amount of time my teammates killed them one by one.

Marksman erradicate spam is the only thing slowing me down...and not by much. Still taking 4-5 with marks to do the job. <.< Age of the Cleric indeed! <.< We'll be nerfed soon...

Valor is getting nerfed by 7.5%, warriors are getting their nerf sort of reverted (not reverted but they are getting the damage back elsewhere). Mages are still in a poor spot but hopefully that will get addressed too.

hopefully that will help, funny how all the pure healing clerics totally absent the past few months have crawled out of the woodwork :P
    Last edited by rantology; 02-01-2012 at 10:21 PM.
    afk tera.

In retrospect, once they fix the warrior mechanic. I think they should leave valor alone. Start jacking Vengeance up a couple notches at a time until a happy medium is reached. Since valor is across the board and Vengeance is now across the board it feels like two controls. Damage received, Damage delivered...now just to purchase a cheap equalizer.

Telaran

its 1.0 and 1.1 all over again!

2/4 FT 4/4 TotDQ
    Waxierlamb - Cleric of Exposure@Faeblight
    Cupcakey says I'm bad

I almost feel as if they should slightly lower healing in PvP to offset the lower damage others take. The pace of combat seems nice... but the healing makes nobody die, which screws it all up. You can burst through it sometimes, but I'd prefer it to be on par with everything else.
    Zev & Manafont of Seastone
    Vinco Bellum

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Raen View Post
    I almost feel as if they should slightly lower healing in PvP to offset the lower damage others take. The pace of combat seems nice... but the healing makes nobody die, which screws it all up. You can burst through it sometimes, but I'd prefer it to be on par with everything else.
    they have already done this once

2/4 FT 4/4 TotDQ
    Waxierlamb - Cleric of Exposure@Faeblight
    Cupcakey says I'm bad

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by rantology View Post

hopefully that will help, funny how all the pure healing clerics totally absent the past few months have crawled out of the woodwork :P
    You mean the ones that decided they would dps instead, but usually wound up in the middle of the pack or last on damage done?

I'm quite familiar with these clerics =(

Kind of sad atm. My little prestige 20, IIRC, cleric was healing through a 20-40 warfront with 4-5 people beating on me. I died a total of 3 times on whtiefall steps and only then if I was getting silenced, then feared, the silenced again. Even then I was able to recover and only died if I didn't target myself exclusively.

Shadowlander

I rather enjoyed PVP healing in the wf's last night. My gear isn't so great that I was unkillable, but holding off 1-2 players and maintaining my team's health felt like I was noticeably contributing to warfronts again.

Of course, now my dps builds feel like utter junk...but I think it's my preference for utility over maximum dps that is the problem.

I think it's good they bring healing back to WF's, but with reason. Introducing the new Guard or whatever it's called for 25% less damage on your target for Warriors was one step in the right direction. But now they need to give more tools for us to protect our team members and to promote group play. I also strongly feel that target marking should be removed. It's not needed, and causes healers to get chain targeted. People should be able to figure out priority targets, and how to make an assist macro.

People should not live with 4-5 others beating on them unless they are being healed by someone else. And even then only for a duration. I don't know what the situations were, if someone had Lingering Wounds, Eradicate, if they were all bads, or what. But I am hearing that Clerics are owning up the WF's right now.

Makes me want to take my lil cleric in and try to get some ranks on her. I have a 26 warden/27 shaman build, haven't decided where I'm putting the other points- possibly inquisitor. What are some other really good PVP builds for Clerics right now, or should I stick with that one? (I'm rank 1)

Thanks
    Last edited by Hodor; 02-02-2012 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsurfing View Post
    Makes me want to take my lil cleric in and try to get some ranks on her. I have a 26 warden/27 shaman build, haven't decided where I'm putting the other points- possibly inquisitor. What are some other really good PVP builds for Clerics right now, or should I stick with that one? (I'm rank 1)
    I'm prestige 37, have tried most healing specs in PvP, and now run as sent/warden virtually all the time. You keep the mobility from warden and gain big direct heals and TTL from sentinel. 51 warden is great for running the fc back to base in Whitefall, but that's the only time I use it unless there's a sentinel in the raid. Warden doesn't have enough direct heals to keep people alive, in my experience. If you want more survivability, anything -icar is great.
    Raidah * Cleric * Gnarlwood * Defiant
    "Cast a cold eye / On life, on death"

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Iyohinwin View Post
    51 warden is great for running the fc back to base in Whitefall, but that's the only time I use it unless there's a sentinel in the raid. Warden doesn't have enough direct heals to keep people alive, in my experience.
    I disagree. I use 51 warden almost exclusively now for pvp healing. Downpour on a 1m cooldown is ridiculously good. Healing Showers is essentially a passive AOE heal and hits relatively hard. As far as single target heals, you have Orbs of the Stream/Tide, and if you're good at keeping up HoTs on people, Deluge is a killer heal (mine crits for 6k w/ full HoTs, and its only a 2s cast). If there are no HoTs (which means you haven't been doing your job), Healing Breath or Healing Current is a good ability. There's even been times where I've used Downpour on a single person to keep them up since it hits so hard (and the job of a cleric in PvP is to keep others alive, right?). Plus, with the new changes to Healing Cataract make it an awesome ability.

Yes, there are times when all you have is a measly Healing Current to give a person, but IMO, the times when you have a life-saving ability far outweighs the times when you have nothing.

Stop 'Like'-ing me! I am not here for your approval!

+ Reply to Thread