+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 53
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Wisdom from the Elders - Clerics from Top Progression Guilds Talking about 1.7 Change

  1. #1
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Valhalla Tea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    29

    Thumbs up Wisdom from the Elders - Clerics from Top Progression Guilds Talking about 1.7 Change

    It's a new interview with 4 top clerics in RIFT. With 1.7 release today, we just finished this as a gift for clerics and all who wanna know more about 1.7.

    I know some of you would like to read directly in forum. However, for the rights of writer, I can only post part of it here. Hopefully, you guys will love to read:

    Hello everyone, this is the 3rd installment of my interview series talking with clerics from top progression guilds about cleric issues. The focus of this interview will be on the 1.7 changes that went live on Feb 1. You can read about the previous two interviews on 1.6.1 DPS and tanking.

    The idea of this interview series is to give you the opinions/perspectives of clerics who are currently in top progression guilds and are therefore fairly knowledgeable with their class/roles in a raid environment. Keep in mind that these opinions are that of their own and do not present the views of their guild.


    Link: http://rift.mmosite.com/patch1.7/cle..._changes.shtml

    I post in the general forum again, hope you will see it and discuss xD

  2. #2
    Sword of Telara p3t3r1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    841

    Default

    I was hoping to get Radak's response in before patch 1.7 came out but patch 1.7 was released unexpected early so I kinda rushed this one but I will add his response in later

  3. #3
    Plane Touched Myrkel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    217

    Default

    With the idiocy he spouts on the forums, I wouldn't consider Ahov a runner for "top cleric."

  4. #4
    Sword of Telara p3t3r1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Myrkel View Post
    With the idiocy he spouts on the forums, I wouldn't consider Ahov a runner for "top cleric."
    His views maybe controversial at times but his posts are full of useful information

  5. #5
    Ascendant Tufelhunden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by p3t3r1 View Post
    His views maybe controversial at times but his posts are full of useful information
    True, too bad I feel as if he is trolling most of the time.

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Myrkel View Post
    With the idiocy he spouts on the forums, I wouldn't consider Ahov a runner for "top cleric."
    If blindly supporting massive buffs without regard to balance = being supported/respected, I'd prefer not to be supported/respected by the average forum poster.

    I've heard it all, and I even get testy private messages begging me to quit asking for nerfs. That's ok, we can disagree. But, the way I look at it, most players don't care about balance. They just want to be top dog and any nerf whatsoever hits them on a personal level and it hurts.

    I won't call you an idiot, though I will call you "the average forum poster." Take it how you will.
    Last edited by Ahov; 02-01-2012 at 10:39 PM.

  7. #7
    Plane Touched Myrkel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by p3t3r1 View Post
    His views maybe controversial at times but his posts are full of useful information
    If you consider generalizations and assumptions useful sure then I guess your right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tufelhunden View Post
    True, too bad I feel as if he is trolling most of the time.
    Yeah well 99% of trolls are idiots so i guess that explains a lot.

  8. #8
    Plane Walker Chanalia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    408

    Default

    If you ask Ahov a direct question, he will give you a direct answer with good information/parses/math/etc to back it up. He has great knowlege of the class. Some people just don't like his opinions.
    4/4 FT 5/5 EE 4/4 GA 3/3 IG
    All HMs Cleared, FT & EE Conq

  9. #9
    Plane Touched Myrkel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    If blindly supporting massive buffs without regard to balance = being supported/respected, I'd prefer not to be supported/respected by the average forum poster.

    I've heard it all, and I even get testy private messages begging me to quit asking for nerfs. That's ok, we can disagree. But, the way I look at it, most players don't care about balance. They just want to be top dog and any nerf whatsoever hits them on a personal level and it hurts.

    I won't call you an idiot, though I will call you "the average forum poster." Take it how you will.
    The only viable nerf to DoL is (since its the nerf you call for the most) would be putting a CD on it, nerfing its healing isn't going to make a difference unless they significantly buff player hp.

    I'm all for balance, I would love to actually have another spec that is as good as Icar builds. Pushing for nerfs on our one actual viable spec w/o pushing harder for balancing on our other builds is just going to lead to the same issue we've seen with dps for the last 6 months.

    Do you see non-icar sentinel or warden healers in fights like Akylios? or any fight that's long and healing intensive?

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Myrkel View Post
    The only viable nerf to DoL is (since its the nerf you call for the most) would be putting a CD on it, nerfing its healing isn't going to make a difference unless they significantly buff player hp.

    I'm all for balance, I would love to actually have another spec that is as good as Icar builds. Pushing for nerfs on our one actual viable spec w/o pushing harder for balancing on our other builds is just going to lead to the same issue we've seen with dps for the last 6 months.

    Do you see non-icar sentinel or warden healers in fights like Akylios? or any fight that's long and healing intensive?
    If health scaled the same way our heals do, and damage was increased to match, I wouldn't even have any issues with DoL any more. I just don't see Trion going that route, so the next best thing is a nerf to DoL+chloromancers in particular. Think about how well radiant spores scales with DPS; it's all the passive healing you need for light, sporadic damage. Again, this could be easily resolved through better HP scaling and higher damage in encounters. I just don't think Trion will do it.

  11. #11
    Plane Touched Myrkel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    If health scaled the same way our heals do, and damage was increased to match, I wouldn't even have any issues with DoL any more. I just don't see Trion going that route, so the next best thing is a nerf to DoL+chloromancers in particular. Think about how well radiant spores scales with DPS; it's all the passive healing you need for light, sporadic damage. Again, this could be easily resolved through better HP scaling and higher damage in encounters. I just don't think Trion will do it.
    How many encounters in this game are centered around light, sporadic damage though? Majority of fights (at least during progression) where/are based off long periods of moderate to heavy healing, or light healing followed by massive damage.

  12. #12
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    38

    Default

    I really like what was said wtih us being avoidance tanks. I think that would be a perfect place for Clerics as right now as it stands we don't really much going for us and I don't just want to get buffed into a warrior clone.

  13. #13
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,409

    Default

    I dont care for Ahovs opinions and i think hes a smug *******, but he knows his **** at least, and is a better pvper than most of the forum goers (although *****es way too much for my taste).

    So i see no reason why he wouldnt be called a top cleric.

  14. #14
    Plane Touched Myrkel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bughferd View Post
    I really like what was said wtih us being avoidance tanks. I think that would be a perfect place for Clerics as right now as it stands we don't really much going for us and I don't just want to get buffed into a warrior clone.
    Most Tanks (Warrior or cleric) in a reasonable amount of gear are probably already close to avoidance caps (and soft on block caps) raid buffed if not hard capped. Trion screwed up in development when they let certain gear stats scale as fast as they did, then slapped soft and hard caps on everything in order to combat it.

    I think any real legitimate fixes/niche filling for tanking (and really all our souls) will have to come with an expansion that raises the level cap. So trion can reset how stats scale and put us in something like an avoidance role.

    And since we're on the topic of tanking @Ahov. I think your looking at the wrong ability to nerf (as much as i loathe to even support your opinion in anyway) DoL isn't what should be nerfed under what your going for, because that will screw with tank threat. But Mien of Honor is probably what should be looked at. If thats really the course they should take. But it seems pretty clear with changes they've made in the past and the design of raids that trion/Zibnik is happy with the state of icar healing.
    Last edited by Myrkel; 02-01-2012 at 11:42 PM.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bughferd View Post
    I really like what was said wtih us being avoidance tanks. I think that would be a perfect place for Clerics as right now as it stands we don't really much going for us and I don't just want to get buffed into a warrior clone.
    Ironically, that notion was asked for during the 2handed cleric tank days. As it made the most sense. But it was turned down by many cleric tanks, saying that it 'made no sense for tank to not tank without shields, whats the point of a tank without a shield'

    Totally neglecting the notion that rogues tanks without shields.

    However its too late for that, however, but a true avoidance tank would be very nice (probably get me interested in tanking)

    The suggestion given by quiet would be nice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts