+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bluelightt

Thread: Inquisitor vs Shaman 1.7

Default Inquisitor vs Shaman 1.7

So, it seems that 51 Shaman will pull the most dps BUT (here's my simply question) is the personal dps worth dropping the raid buff for? I assume every raid will still need to run an Inquisitor?

Ascendant

Definitely not worth completely losing the debuff. You can have 1 raid healer run Inquisicar and keep it up that way.

Yeah losing the magic debuff is definitely not worth it. I do wonder however if Shaman will be top dog over the long haul or just equal. It is so dependant on rng crap for max dps (arguably even worse than 51 Inquis) that I wonder whether on a zone wide the dps will be a wash between the two.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Yeah losing the magic debuff is definitely not worth it. I do wonder however if Shaman will be top dog over the long haul or just equal. It is so dependant on rng crap for max dps (arguably even worse than 51 Inquis) that I wonder whether on a zone wide the dps will be a wash between the two.
    As well as the RNG shaman also suffers from switching targets very badly, if you have to wait for SH/FW CD's and rebuild brutalise your losing on well over 1000 of your DPS at least.

I think that this factor alone will greatly limit the number of encounters where i will consider shammy to be viable.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by usman View Post
    As well as the RNG shaman also suffers from switching targets very badly, if you have to wait for SH/FW CD's and rebuild brutalise your losing on well over 1000 of your DPS at least.

I think that this factor alone will greatly limit the number of encounters where i will consider shammy to be viable.
    This exactly. On the dummy (no movement, stationary target, etc) it is extremely difficult due to RNG to consistently keep up Brutalize and other factors. If any of those drop off, your DPS plummets. And you only gain ~300dps more than inquisitor.

On a real boss fight, you have to be wary of mechanics and movement. I can easily see shamans losing significant portions of DPS.

The only fight I can see a shaman outperforming inquisitor is Sicaron, since you don't have to move a lot.

Though my cleric guildy was pulling 3700 ST DPS on the PTS in 6-min parses...haven't seen the spec, but I want it.

Stop 'Like'-ing me! I am not here for your approval!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mato View Post
    This exactly. On the dummy (no movement, stationary target, etc) it is extremely difficult due to RNG to consistently keep up Brutalize and other factors. If any of those drop off, your DPS plummets. And you only gain ~300dps more than inquisitor.

On a real boss fight, you have to be wary of mechanics and movement. I can easily see shamans losing significant portions of DPS.

The only fight I can see a shaman outperforming inquisitor is Sicaron, since you don't have to move a lot.

Though my cleric guildy was pulling 3700 ST DPS on the PTS in 6-min parses...haven't seen the spec, but I want it.

I assume 3700 was raid buffed. Yeah, with a proper trinket (abyssal mark of power) I could have been at 4.2+

51 shaman will absolutely be the best dps spec for sustained damage, where viable. A lot of fights will still favor inquisitor due to the mechanics and nature of ranged target-swapping, etc. And, yes, you will still want one inquisitor to keep up clinging spirit.

Oh Ahov, one day that Abyssal Mark shall be yours!

Thanks guys, looks like this is a spec worth mastering, even if it's not going to be as dps friendly on many fights. Have to say, I loved melée dps when Shaman was top dog, so I've no problems with that. Will give it a shot once 1.7 comes out - will soon become clear which spec is more suitable for which fight...

Which reminds me, I wonder how the AOE is for Shaman. Never been a big fan of Inq aoe for some reason. Looking forward to playing around with it anyhow...

Quote Originally Posted by Merridwyn View Post
    Which reminds me, I wonder how the AOE is for Shaman. Never been a big fan of Inq aoe for some reason. Looking forward to playing around with it anyhow...
    i think that shaman AoE is quite high, lower than cabalist but i'm not sure if its higher than inquisitor

the 44 vengeance is a beast though, every time you hit any mob it damages that mob and the mobs around it, like a weaker version of soul drain but it hits much much more often. combine that with strike of the maelstrom and avalanche strike and there you have it.

one thing that REALLY sucks though is that on most of the trash mobs in HK have some sort of melee range mana drain which makes shaman AoE near impossible
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 01-31-2012 at 01:05 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    i think that shaman AoE is quite high, lower than cabalist but i'm not sure if its higher than inquisitor

the 44 vengeance is a beast though, every time you hit any mob it damages that mob and the mobs around it, like a weaker version of soul drain but it hits much much more often. combine that with strike of the maelstrom and avalanche strike and there you have it.

one thing that REALLY sucks though is that on most of the trash mobs in HK have some sort of melee range mana drain which makes shaman AoE near impossible
    Shaman is behind both cabalist and inquisitor for AoE

Rift Disciple

I'm probably going for a 51/1/14 spec (14 Inq) so I can pick up souldrain for some increased AoE damage.
    I'm guessing it'll add more DPS on most encounters when compared to the 3% additional spellpower.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    Definitely not worth completely losing the debuff. You can have 1 raid healer run Inquisicar and keep it up that way.
    this.
    Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.

+ Reply to Thread