+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleric leveling specs ?

Soulwalker

Default Cleric leveling specs ?

Hello guys,

I recently rerolled a cleric to pex with some friends who started rift. I already digged a bit and found the Duracell build which seems good for solo pexing. But i was wondering if there's another build with okay/good healing capabilities since i pex with a warrior speced void and we just aggro a lot of ennemies.

Also, what do you think would be good specs in pvp lv20 ?

Thanks for the advices.

http://dulfycleric.wordpress.com/guide-list/

all the cleric guide info ull ever need perty much

Banned

Inquisicar

I just went full Inquisitor, dumping off points into Sent, and Ward as a 0-point.

Healing spray on myself, Vex 4 mobs, Soul Drain, Sanction on one mob, re-Vex all mobs, Soul Drain. That's up till lvl 32, Once you get Circle of Obliv., just toss that down after the Soul Drain. Vex, Healing Spray and Healing Breath keep you up.

Someone mentioned Inquisicar, that would be a great lvling spec once you can put 11 points into Justicar without losing too much from Inq. Reparation is the key talent in that build, as a soul drain is equal to a full heal!
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Valavus View Post
    Someone mentioned Inquisicar, that would be a great lvling spec once you can put 11 points into Justicar without losing too much from Inq. Reparation is the key talent in that build, as a soul drain is equal to a full heal!
    I can literally take on 8 mobs at once two levels ahead of me and come out with basically full health and mana if you time things properly. If I had someone tanking (which I do a lot) we are more concerned about how far we can gather up mobs before they start running away/resetting over if they are going to kill us.

Quote Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
    I can literally take on 8 mobs at once two levels ahead of me and come out with basically full health and mana if you time things properly. If I had someone tanking (which I do a lot) we are more concerned about how far we can gather up mobs before they start running away/resetting over if they are going to kill us.
    Soul Drain only hits 4 mobs. 8 is...a little overboard. Sure, the circle can hit all 8, but you can kill 2 groups of 4 faster. Meh, not really that easy to pull 8 mobs without having leash issues. My point still stands, Inqisicar is great, so long as you have Soul Drain, and 11 points in Justi for Reparation, until you get that..pure Inq won't fail you. I lvled to 50 in a week working 40 hours using Inq/Sent/Ward.

TL;DR: Play what you want, both specs work great.

Edit-I forgot that I put 5 into Destructive Tide in Warden to buff my Vex's for added healing.
    Last edited by Valavus; 01-31-2012 at 10:24 AM.
    Lasthope - Cleric
    <Ready Check>

Default Duracell

I am surprised no one has linked to the Duracell Spec.

I have leveled each class, and many specs within each class, and the Duracell is the most fun I have had playing of all of them. The claims of taking on 8-10 leveled mobs at a time is no exaggeration. This spec has zero downtime through 3 mana regen tools, tons of self healing, and decent DPS. You will not die and everytime Soul Drain goes off you will get goosebumps. Single target DPS is admittedly low, but for leveling, this spec is ideal. You can solo an elite or two, you won't die, it just takes a little time. Soloing RIFTS to stage 6 is never a problem.

I usually fill out the Inq and Just trees first and then Shammy. By the time you hit level 24 and have 18 Just and 14 Inq filled in, you will be rocking.

Another plus. You can queue for Randoms with this spec as Support. I find queuing as Support to be faster than DPS, Tank, or Heals. I generally have top DPS and even pass the healer on some fights for top HPS.

At 50 you will look for other RAID or PVP specs, but this is a FUN leveling spec.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Avgust View Post
    I am surprised no one has linked to the Duracell Spec
    We probably would have if the OP didn't specifically mention they already knew about it, wanted something that works in PVP, and have a tank to absorb damage so they only really need little heals which rules out putting points in to a specific healing spec.

Inquisicar fits perfectly.

Inquisicar is a ranged Duracell. The difference? Inqisicar has higher ST, Duracell has higher AoE. Also, Inquiscar CAN be raid viable. Duracell cannot.

I'm not knocking Duracell, I use it on EI for onslaughts. But when it comes time to kill a dungeon boss or raid boss, switch to something else.
    Lasthope - Cleric
    <Ready Check>

Personally I'd stick to Duracell. But Inquiscar is a good spec to for what you're doing. Thing is, if your Warrior does die, you won't in Duracell. Also you'll almost never have to drink or worry if you pull the sggro. My max whilst levelling was 13 mobs, solo. Having a pocket warrior just means they'll go down faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Merridwyn View Post
    Personally I'd stick to Duracell. But Inquiscar is a good spec to for what you're doing. Thing is, if your Warrior does die, you won't in Duracell. Also you'll almost never have to drink or worry if you pull the sggro. My max whilst levelling was 13 mobs, solo. Having a pocket warrior just means they'll go down faster.
    This is very true, Duracell works perfectly when you are farming open world junk with a small group. Reparation will keep everyone at 100% so you can mow down stuff without moving. But I'd like to point out that with Agressive Renewal in Inquisicar..you never worry about mana either. It just comes down to what your preference is. Inquisicar can everything up close that a duracell can, but it can pull decent ranged dps as well. Just try both, you'll find one that fits you better. I just wish warriors had something HALF as good, otherwise my warrior would have been 50 months ago.
    Lasthope - Cleric
    <Ready Check>

Basically anything with 11+ justicar and a DPS tree will make leveling really easy, and is also terrific in dungeons. Inquis and shaman are the best DPS trees for it because they are our best DPS trees generally. Cab doesn't work right until 50, and druid doesn't really work at all. But feel free to play around with them anyway, the justicar tree is simply so strong that you essentially can't go wrong with any hybrid of it (as long as you get your DPS from somewhere else).

Quote Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
    We probably would have if the OP didn't specifically mention they already knew about it, wanted something that works in PVP, and have a tank to absorb damage so they only really need little heals which rules out putting points in to a specific healing spec.

Inquisicar fits perfectly.
    You're right. I skimmed the OP too quickly. Sorry about that.

+ Reply to Thread