+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Is 20 meters enough to actually be effective aoe heals? Why not 35 meters Zinbik?

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    158

    Default Is 20 meters enough to actually be effective aoe heals? Why not 35 meters Zinbik?

    So I have wanted to use our actual healing souls to aoe heal for the longest time instead of using a mash up tank tree spec to be effective. With the 5 meter healing range increase, is warden and sentinal actually useable for aoe healing? I think in some fights it might be now, but what about the fights where the raid has to spread out? For example, king molinar. If the warriors are running off to kill the stewart and then a cursed blows hits, people are going to die because either the raid isn't in range or the warriors aren't in range. With dol specs I could get them all because of the 35 meter heal range but 20 meters wouldn't cut it. What about alsbeth? Forget about it, heals would be missing players left and right. Darktide ranged side when everyone HAS to spread out? You would just be single target healing everyone, if you tried to get too close you would get caught in someones circle and you would die.

    Zinbik, I'm trying so hard to not to be angry here...I feel that we have been fighting tooth and nail to just be as effective as chloros. As it is right now, I can beat chloros in senticar but as soon as 1.7 hits I will have to be much more selective of when I cast my heals, relying on the chloro's heals much more to make up the extra damage.

    Of course my actual healing souls can't even touch a chloro's aoe heals....which is so strange to me. If I'm supposed to go raid heals and people start dropping because they aren't in my range, I will lose raid spots to chloros because they CAN hit all the raid members.

    Please, please, please, please, please, tell us why we can't just have a 35 meter heal range for our aoe heal souls. Healing for us shouldn't be a struggle, it should come naturally, we are clerics. Is there a reason? You have to have SOME reason to limit our range...Please Zibnik, tell us so we can at least understand where you guys are coming from. I'm just so frustrated...

  2. #2
    Sword of Telara Calibrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    864

    Default

    2cents.

    I don't see it as a tank tree. More so the "defensive" tree. You can spec into for more defensive in a melee build, increase your current dps (see the new shaman builds), or add some defensive heals (whether it be for yourself or group).

    I do not agree that a strong single target heal spec should also have the best aoe healing. I see -icar very similar to a cloro. They have to decide whether to be strong aoe healing or ST healing. They can still participate in both. Many say DoL is too low in the tree - however, it is still high enough currently that you have to give up quite a lot of DPS to get it.

    But I do see your point - having our healing spec increased to 35 meter would not be a game breaker, but the current range forces group coordination. Why eliminate any challenge? Group coordination is a key ingredient in most fights.
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

  3. #3
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,000

    Default

    When combined with Sentinel the range is going to be 23 meters, just sayin.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,856

    Default

    Plus it makes it so that if you are healing someone then the person hitting that someone can notice you, switch targets and attack you. If you are standing 35m away healing then (other than a MM) they have no recourse that to either give up and run, or try to get close to you.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Stay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    HC already has a 35m range I think - if they also gave it a 35m raidus, you could heal a guy 70m away with it (by targeting a guy between you and him). That might be annoying in PvP as a cleric heals your target from halfway across the map.

    The stuff that's PBAOE though (divine call, healing showers, healing flood) I don't see why not.

  6. #6
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Just make the radius 10000m and remove LoS requirement so we can just stand in the entrance and heal without having to go through the tiring exercise of moving one foot in front of the other. /sarcasm

    I do actually wish they'd bring back some need for group coordination with raid heals without nerfing us compared to chloros. My brain is dying.
    Last edited by grampositive; 01-31-2012 at 07:11 AM.

  7. #7
    RIFT Guide Writer Redcruxs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,935

    Default

    my question is, why do we even have to have someone targeted for an AOE heal??? its annoying because its the only AoE spell that works like that

    just make the radius 35m centered on the caster like every other AoE

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampositive View Post
    Just make the radius 10000m and remove LoS requirement so we can just stand in the entrance and heal without having to go through the tiring exercise of moving one foot in front of the other. /sarcasm

    I do actually wish they'd bring back some need for group coordination with raid heals without nerfing us compared to chloros. My brain is dying.
    All I'm asking for is the same range as chloros...the non healng class that out heals us in range and sometimes in output...I'm not asking for more range, just the same range...Please think before you derp.

  9. #9
    RIFT Guide Writer usman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    my question is, why do we even have to have someone targeted for an AOE heal??? its annoying because its the only AoE spell that works like that

    just make the radius 35m centered on the caster like every other AoE
    This would be a bad thing. The HC type mechanic gives diversity, allows for more creative play and more creative raid design.

  10. #10
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malicomatt View Post
    All I'm asking for is the same range as chloros...the non healng class that out heals us in range and sometimes in output...I'm not asking for more range, just the same range...Please think before you derp.
    I was thinking, but my sarcastic rant probably hid that fact

    It is just something I feel somewhat passionate about. I see a future where raid healing (chloros included) is only acceptable to the community when we can stand in one spot and spam constantly hitting everyone in the raid, never running out of mana. I love healing, but that is boring.

    I'd like more encounters where positional awareness for healing is important and the move towards greater ranges and less mana cost (and the desire to see that happen) is only bringing the spam forever future closer and closer.
    Last edited by grampositive; 01-31-2012 at 09:44 AM.

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    158

    Default

    And
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    my question is, why do we even have to have someone targeted for an AOE heal??? its annoying because its the only AoE spell that works like that

    just make the radius 35m centered on the caster like every other AoE
    Yeah, I agree. Very few times would you be away from the raid standing alone healing them as a group and not healing yourself...Just seems like unnecessary steps to get the same results that chloros get by just pressing one button, and they don't even have the chance to miss anyone, we do. You can tell them to get in place all you want, but if people are out of range and start dying, they are going to blame the cleri because the chloro doesn't have this problem.

  12. #12
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malicomatt View Post
    And

    Yeah, I agree. Very few times would you be away from the raid standing alone healing them as a group and not healing yourself...Just seems like unnecessary steps to get the same results that chloros get by just pressing one button, and they don't even have the chance to miss anyone, we do. You can tell them to get in place all you want, but if people are out of range and start dying, they are going to blame the cleri because the chloro doesn't have this problem.
    I actually use this mechanic to my advantage in PVP healing to heal groups around corners. I like it. I also have a macro to self cast it if that is what I desire at the time.
    Last edited by grampositive; 01-31-2012 at 10:19 AM.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calibrex View Post
    2cents.

    I don't see it as a tank tree. More so the "defensive" tree. You can spec into for more defensive in a melee build, increase your current dps (see the new shaman builds), or add some defensive heals (whether it be for yourself or group).

    I do not agree that a strong single target heal spec should also have the best aoe healing. I see -icar very similar to a cloro. They have to decide whether to be strong aoe healing or ST healing. They can still participate in both. Many say DoL is too low in the tree - however, it is still high enough currently that you have to give up quite a lot of DPS to get it.

    But I do see your point - having our healing spec increased to 35 meter would not be a game breaker, but the current range forces group coordination. Why eliminate any challenge? Group coordination is a key ingredient in most fights.
    Whether you think it isn't a tank tree or not, it has force taunts, no damage, agro abilities, and trion says its one of the three tanks...so it is a tank tree.

    Please read my post, no where did I say that I want the strongest single target heals to also have the strongest aoe heals. I think it should be, purifier st healing, sentinal burst aoe healing, warden HoT aoe healing.

    Icar specs are not like chloros because their st healing isn't all that great, while a chloro can switch from aoe healing to st healing during the fight and output way more st healing.

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
    Plus it makes it so that if you are healing someone then the person hitting that someone can notice you, switch targets and attack you. If you are standing 35m away healing then (other than a MM) they have no recourse that to either give up and run, or try to get close to you.
    Oh you mean like a chloro does? The non healing better healing class? Yeah...If ANYONE should be able to do it, the cleric should be able to, NOT the mage.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    HC already has a 35m range I think - if they also gave it a 35m raidus, you could heal a guy 70m away with it (by targeting a guy between you and him). That might be annoying in PvP as a cleric heals your target from halfway across the map.

    The stuff that's PBAOE though (divine call, healing showers, healing flood) I don't see why not.
    That's why HC should just be 35 meters around the cleric. Problem solved

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts