+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 51puri greater essences

Default 51puri greater essences

hi guys,

i'm planning on making a pure MT spec and was thinking 51puri would be best (i want the shields to do the most rather than going sent/puri)

however just stuck on what I should put as my two greaters?

i'm thinking to put hailstone tideshard and frozen deep one tear, however not sure if I should put the purifier greater in as I heard that it is pretty decent too.

thoughts / opinions on which greater to use as 51 purifier?

Jucks / Jux - 50 Defiant Cleric - P8
    Guild < Ethereal > : 11/11 HK - 4/4 ROTP

Click here for my RIFT videos

I used to recommend puri greater + 5 of the best SP lessers.

Someone posted this a while back on my blog, I thought it was pretty insightful. It doesn't take into the account of the resists /SC the lessers would provide but you don't really need resists until you are past estrode/grug anyways.

As in terms of the sigil, for tank healing in a raid, the greaters Hailstone Tideshard and Frozen Deep One Tear stack with each other and provide larger shields on the tank then just adding straight spell power to your sigil would. The 564 shield from the Hailstone Tideshard procs ~20-10% of the time, on every heal. With an assumption of 10% proc, that means a 56.4dmg shield from every heal, for that value to me equated to Ancestral flame you would need a 94SP from a lesser to make it worth getting. From Dark Rituals one of your BiS lessers, only equates to 36SP and 20SC. Even though I am ignoring the SP/SC bonus your actual heals receive, if you do the math they turn out to be better.

Quote Originally Posted by p3t3r1 View Post
    I used to recommend puri greater + 5 of the best SP lessers.

Someone posted this a while back on my blog, I thought it was pretty insightful. It doesn't take into the account of the resists /SC the lessers would provide but you don't really need resists until you are past estrode/grug anyways.
    Oops past the edit timer while I was looking some stuff up. the Puri greater give you an additional ~ 1k HP on top of your ward of ancestors. The ward of ancestors has a blocker for 20 seconds.. Making this into a 50 hp per second if you use the ward of ancestors the moment it is up. Of course this doesn't take into account of the fact that you could be using ward of ancestors on multiple people at once.

So a puri greater + hailstone sounds a good combo for the greater unless you need the resists/sc

If you are purely doing MT healing, the Hailstone Tideshard/Deep-One Tear combo is going to give you alot more shielding than the puri greater. Even the frozen deep one tear on its own will give you more total absorption over a 20 second period than the greater. Combine with Token of Warding and youll be dropping quad-quinti bubbles on the regular.

If you are in any kind of situation where you are shielding multiple people, the puri greater might be better, especially if they make it effect that 10 man aoe bubble that is coming soon.

I use puri greater+frozen deep one for puri and frozen deep one+hailstone tideshard for senticar.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Vrekless View Post
    If you are purely doing MT healing, the Hailstone Tideshard/Deep-One Tear combo is going to give you alot more shielding than the puri greater. Even the frozen deep one tear on its own will give you more total absorption over a 20 second period than the greater. Combine with Token of Warding and youll be dropping quad-quinti bubbles on the regular.

If you are in any kind of situation where you are shielding multiple people, the puri greater might be better, especially if they make it effect that 10 man aoe bubble that is coming soon.
    Puri greater currently doesn't affect the AoE shield, hopefully soon though

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    I use puri greater+frozen deep one for puri and frozen deep one+hailstone tideshard for senticar.
    thanks guys to all your posts. I think I'll go puri greater+hailstone for puri.

However did you guys get TWO cores for healing? one for puri and one for senticar? lol

edit: two cores isn't huge, but when you add it to the dps core, tank core(s), water res core... so many inscribed
    Last edited by lordsquishy; 01-29-2012 at 09:01 PM.

Jucks / Jux - 50 Defiant Cleric - P8
    Guild < Ethereal > : 11/11 HK - 4/4 ROTP

Click here for my RIFT videos

Quote Originally Posted by lordsquishy View Post
    thanks guys to all your posts. I think I'll go puri greater+hailstone for puri.

However did you guys get TWO cores for healing? one for puri and one for senticar? lol

edit: two cores isn't huge, but when you add it to the dps core, tank core(s), water res core... so many inscribed
    I have a Puri Core and a 6 lesser Core for dps and non-puri healing. But I'm main spec tank so i dont put as much effort into those cores =p

Cleric Tank

Prophet of Telara

Hailstone and Frozen Deep Tear are fantastic greaters for main tank healing as well as raid healing.

The puri greater can situationally be more useful, but is often times less useful. Until it affects the new AoE bubble, it is pretty meh for being so ability specific.

If you're going to be senticaring or inquisicaring to heavily raid heal, double bubble all the way. You can look at making a second healing machine in the future, but that will take awhile to build up and you want to be as versatile until then.

In order of most people's priorities I would think your machine progression should prolly go:
    First machine should be hailstone/frozen tear
    Second machine should be six lessers (either for stats or resist)
    Third machine should be niche specific (purifier or tank)

+ Reply to Thread