+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mato

Thread: How to heal in the fight of the ROTP third boss in 1.7?

Shadowlander

Default How to heal in the fight of the ROTP third boss in 1.7?

Our guild is growing. The dps will not be enough if there is more than one healer in the ROTP third boss fight, besides the mage cleanser and the bard. I used to be a 40sent/14justcar/12inq in order to provide st and raid healing. In 1.7, I know that our DOL will get nerfed. I know that some ppls would say it wouldn't be a problem if you used DOL carefully. But I think even if I use DOL carefully it will still be used frequently in this fight. So, please teach me how to keep mana up in this fight.

Rift Chaser

You can ask mage to give you mana. If he cant, you can use mana drain from your inq/justicar souls. It is not an aoe healing fight, players wont take that much aoe damage at all.

Tips: Do not use your mana drain/mana potion when you oom, use them when you reach 60% of mana.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by pkAngelo View Post
    Our guild is growing. The dps will not be enough if there is more than one healer in the ROTP third boss fight, besides the mage cleanser and the bard. I used to be a 40sent/14justcar/12inq in order to provide st and raid healing. In 1.7, I know that our DOL will get nerfed. I know that some ppls would say it wouldn't be a problem if you used DOL carefully. But I think even if I use DOL carefully it will still be used frequently in this fight. So, please teach me how to keep mana up in this fight.
    He actually isn't so bad. We recently did the achievement (not using prisoners for Inferno) and didn't use any DoL. I advise you to go warden, specifically 51 warden.

The beauty of this fight is that General Silgen hits like a wet noodle. Honestly, if you have 1-2 cleansers, just keep 4x SS and healing spray on the tank and they should be fine. Save your Healing Breath for people who get caught with the heat funnel chasing them. For raid heals, use a quick Healing Communion (since you have quite a bit of time during this fight) as well as Healing Showers. Use Cascade on yourself as soon as you reach 75% mana. If you really need it, pop a Heroic Mana Tonic.

With the achievement run, we had two 51 wardens and two raid healing chloros. Chloros were more for small raid damage and cleanses. Wardens kept tank up and bursty heals for people who needed it. For Inferno, we rotated downpour (downpour is a 6s cast, Inferno is a 12s ability) and was able to heal through it easy.

I never dropped below 60% mana

Stop 'Like'-ing me! I am not here for your approval!

I don't think you actually need any formal ST healing for this guy. We do it with a pyro/chloro cleanser, a bard and a 45/11/10warden Inquisicar. All 3 healers and the tank using shield proc greaters and trinket though.

The chloro knock out around 600 DPS, 700 HPS and covers all cleansing. Bard does most of the rest of the healing and inquisicar is mostly covering peoples mistakes and the odd bit of extra cleansing if people get hit by heat funnel.

This leaves an archon a tank and 5x full DPS.
    Last edited by usman; 01-24-2012 at 07:45 AM.

Shield of Telara

We run it with a Senticar, Bard and Mein of Agression Inquisicar (just as a backup). We don't use a chloro and have just one Mage Cleanser. We have used Rogue Tank and Warrior Tank on successul kills.

I have played it as both the Senticar and Inquisitor and never had a problem with mana under the skills today. I use Agressive renewal constantly and don't currently spec Purpose and never even reach for a mana tonic. (I always have an Elder Tablet running) Inquisitor has more mana issues than the Senticar.

I expect with the increase mana cost I will likely use a mana tonic and may have to now use Purpose.

My Senticar Spec is Sentinel [44]/ Inquisitor [12]/ Justicar [10]
    Last edited by aLittleBird; 01-24-2012 at 09:30 AM.
    Undecided! P90 Cleric | 9/9 FT-EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 5/5 PB | BoB 2/4

2 full wardens an -icar and a cloro is what we used for the cheev iirc

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

also, to make the fight even easier since you're doing progression I would recommend having people get fire resist sigils. Although, if the healing is good enough I don't think you really need them. The flip-side to this is those sigils won't be as good as their normal dps ones and as you already mentioned DPS is an issue.

Plane Walker

Mage cleanser can keep Radiant spores on, bloom for spot heals when people are tethered, and Flourish, that plus bard should be enough AoE tbh...

Won't really help if you don't have the dps, but if you're not going through an incinerate, that's all you really need on raid heals...
    Doesn't matter what is put here, someone is going to @#%^& about it, regardless of what it is.

Rift Disciple

The changes won't affect us a whole lot. Currently we use a Mage running pyro/chloro cleanse spec, a bard and myself as a healer.

Throw out the idea that you absolutely must be an icar hybrid. I use a 40something warden, rest in sentinel spec that I made ages ago when T2s were progression. This build has simply proven to be capable of so many different healing situations.

Yes, by not being an icar you are potentially loosing a few hundred dps ( let's imagine a senticar not a dps focused inquisicar) but you should be able to heal the fight with just this team, and free up that "other healer spot" for a full dpser.

Shadowlander

just one question
    will your mage cleanser help healing?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by pkAngelo View Post
    just one question
    will your mage cleanser help healing?
    Nope, the mage puts up radiant spores but that's it. The recent nerf which changed the debuff duration to 4 seconds takes a bit of the stress off of a single cleanser, but still doesn't allow for much healing.

(p.s. the spec is 41 Warden, 25 Sentinel. This spec also works amazing for Estrode.)
    Last edited by Aamira; 01-26-2012 at 12:54 PM.

Rift Disciple

We do it with 1 senticar and 1 chloro/pyro cleanser and post 1.7 I cant see it changing really. I end this fight with 90%+ mana when I am the only healer (and he cleanses) and now that he can toss in a few heals I feel we could probably go inquisicar + chloro/pyro next time instead of the full senticar.

There are a few options available for mana regen, but the biggest tip I can offer is when the incinerate comes and you have to stack.... Just run into the circle to get the buff then go straight to boss and start purpose/soj spam. If you time this right you can get off all of your purpose regen off before the first AoE hit. Since the incinerate is on a 1min or so cd, you can use it every time. No need to watch your dol usage with this tip.
    Last edited by mxdiz; 01-26-2012 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aamira View Post
    Nope, the mage puts up radiant spores but that's it. The recent nerf which changed the debuff duration to 4 seconds takes a bit of the stress off of a single cleanser, but still doesn't allow for much healing.

(p.s. the spec is 41 Warden, 25 Sentinel. This spec also works amazing for Estrode.)
    Since the nerf the mage cleanser can heal for 50% of the fight.
    Zykey Mage - 8/8 ID, 4/4 PF
    Zykelot Cleric - 8/8 ID, 4/4 PF

Telaran

This fight should still be fairly easy to heal if you use purpose every time you are able.

You might get bad luck in that you get flame leashed right as you start purpose, but overall you should be fine.

Picking when you go in to melee for purpose takes some pretty good raid awareness on that fight, though.
    "I'm not so familiar with clerics but I just want to help and if I get flames for troller n such I get the idea that half of the cleric population are crybabies for more dps it's true that all classes shud get around the same dps idc about what roles u can fit what amount of dps roles u have cause in the end if every1 has high dps the raid is stronger altogethe"

+ Reply to Thread