+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 1.7 is overall good for clerics

Champion

Default 1.7 is overall good for clerics

Hey everyone, was just having a cup of coffee, its half full

1. Battle rezzes in all healing trees now, very nice change imo. Now 51 point builds such as 51 puri get a brez. I think this is a great change for clerics.

2. Shaman dps seems to be viable now with the changes made(maybe not ahead of mages, but at least in line if not ahead, of inquisitor.) Yay for more choices for dps.

3. Increased radius on aoe heals. Sounds helpful.

4. Some nice tank changes, including removing the requirement of being pigeon holed into 7 shaman. Interesting option such as 12 warden are now available as tanks, which would give a cleanse, an aoe heal over time spell, 15% boost to our instant aoe heals, and a 65% boost to reprieve, which also received a spell power scaling boost. The 50% boost to instant heal on a 45 second cd will also be nice for improved DoL or DoB. Not sure if it would affect DoA, but that would be nice.

5. Removal of DoL mana cost reduction. Ok, I cant say this is an improvement, but lets be real, who didnt just spam DoL blindly when even one person was under 90% health. They might as well have made this spell cost no mana, since there was really no penalty at all for spamming it. Just cast one now untill the raid is at 90%, instead of three times just in case.

6. Cant think of number 6, other than they will be looking at our avoidance and mitigation balance for 1.8 as justicar. (Stack more endurance till then i guess...+30 endurance pvp trinket fairs pretty well for max effective health

The anti-silence and anti-stun PvP PA talents everyone gets will favor clerics. We have less CC in our PvP specs than rogues and mages, and tend to die in silence/stun. And some of our most commonly used CC (knockback, fear) isn't in anyone's talent. A CC-free game favors healers, and it's a step in that direction.

i agree with this

the DoL nerf is barely a scratch (if you have any idea what you're doing)

the PvP pa is a good change since most cleric builds didn't make use of the pvp soul anyways (goodbye silences and stuns!)

MANY great changes with our dps and healing

the only bad part about 1.7 will be the physical mitigation change, rogues annihilate me on the PTS, even in 51 justicar and all R8 gear

We keep taking such small steps forward, it's annoying. Yeah, the patch is good. But it's nowhere near what we actually need.

Telaran

I'm very cautiously optimistic about these changes.

1. Regarding the brez's I think it's great for 51 wardens, as that's a spec that still gets some use. However I think it's way to high in the Puri tree to be worthwhile. When was the last time anyone truly needed a 51 Puri for a fight? LGS last May... The aoe shield thing would have to be seriously OP to make up for the loss of Serendipity. Maybe the new raid will have an encounter where 51 Puri will be situationally needed again. We'll see.

2. I just hope that shaman and inq are within 50 dps of each other. I personally don't want to melee. Nor do I want to have to use a pet (looking at you druid in 1.8). Options are great, but if the disparity is to great you have no option min/maxing.

3. While the increased range is great this should have been done a long time ago. It's such a simple thing to change and it's been talked about for 6+ months. I feel more entitled to this change then happy about getting a buff.

5. 30% is a pretty big nerf. Can I adjust? Sure, but I'd rather see Trion split the difference with us. Take away the 30% reduction, but reduce the base cost by 15%. Seems far more reasonable(for all gear levels) while still toning down DoL spam a bit.

While this is a step forward it doesn't really change raid composition in regards to "pure cleric healers". Raids still won't be able(or really need) to afford the dps loss from 1 or at the very most 2 pure cleric healers. Which is fine. I enjoy the hybrids a lot. But if you want to help pure cleric healers then give 51 Puri something like a damage shield buff that added threat to the tank and generated 100-200 dps. Give 51 Warden another dot or two to weave into their rotation that did 200 dps. That might change things.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Glamyr View Post
    I'm very cautiously optimistic about these changes.

1. Regarding the brez's I think it's great for 51 wardens, as that's a spec that still gets some use. However I think it's way to high in the Puri tree to be worthwhile. When was the last time anyone truly needed a 51 Puri for a fight? LGS last May... The aoe shield thing would have to be seriously OP to make up for the loss of Serendipity. Maybe the new raid will have an encounter where 51 Puri will be situationally needed again. We'll see.
    51 puri was already the better tank healer, even accounting for serendipity. This is due to ancestral flame scaling much better with your SP, along with Spiritual Conflag (essentially a 1m healer's covenant) and rite of the ancestors (almost replacing HC as the 2m cooldown). The problem was, there were not really any fights requiring this much tank healing at the loss of 10-target aoe heals, a brez, and an aoe cleanse.

With 1.7 you still don't have the aoe cleanse, but you're able to contribute to aoe a bit better with 20m range on surging and Gathering of the Ancestors. Brez is also being added, so 51 puri will be the go-to tank healer in 1.7, I'm predicting.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    51 puri was already the better tank healer, even accounting for serendipity. This is due to ancestral flame scaling much better with your SP, along with Spiritual Conflag (essentially a 1m healer's covenant) and rite of the ancestors (almost replacing HC as the 2m cooldown). The problem was, there were not really any fights requiring this much tank healing at the loss of 10-target aoe heals, a brez, and an aoe cleanse.

With 1.7 you still don't have the aoe cleanse, but you're able to contribute to aoe a bit better with 20m range on surging and Gathering of the Ancestors. Brez is also being added, so 51 puri will be the go-to tank healer in 1.7, I'm predicting.
    Rite does NOT mitigate anywhere NEAR as much as HC. I don't know what you're smoking. Comboed with caregivers blessing it still doesnt hold a candle to HC.

Telaran

We've always run a puri/sent hybrid for main tank since the purifiers shields are just the best for tank healing, especialy combined with serendipity.

I agree with Ahov that we're going to see deep-puris now. That aoe shield is a hell of a nice aoe mitigation in a tree that was very lacking thereof. Also the b-resses makes deepspecs less "costly" in that area.

HC isn't comparable to those to skills, HC is the mother of all mitigation.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by hippyman View Post
    Rite does NOT mitigate anywhere NEAR as much as HC. I don't know what you're smoking. Comboed with caregivers blessing it still doesnt hold a candle to HC.
    Rite is enough shielding to keep the tank up through any normal boss mechanics. (note, at 51 pts, its over 2k shielding per proc)

Healer's covenant just allows you to ignore mechanics, like Akylios orb.
    Last edited by Ahov; 01-23-2012 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post

I don't like to agree with you Ahov, but....

From what we can tell 51 Puri can put out more HPS than the PuriSent version, although small (5-15%). We were willing to sacrifice this to bring the BREZ. With 1.7 I can see me asking my clerics to bring 51 Puri as the default healing spec. Shoot, I can think of a few fights where we only need 1 MT healer where bringing in 2 so that the AoE shield is kept up on the raid at all times may be worth while as it basically just increases the HP of the raid. HP of the raid seems to be the most limiting factor in accidental deaths.

One thing I really like about 1.7 is the adding of focus to raid gear.

This means that I can actually DPS in raids now if I feel like it and not having all my spell resisted since I was geared as a pure healer. This also means that I don't have to swap gear now in the off chance that I want to run a t2 expert dungeon hehe.

As others have mentioned, the 51 purifier route is alot more viable now. One of the biggest drawbacks to running 51 purifier was the lack of brez and was sometimes the determining factor if I want to risk a sent/puri build on some fights. Healer's Covenant, Serendipity, Divine Cascade, Empowering Light etc. are all nice and that but none of them really "forced" me to go into sent/purifier like the lack of brez do.

Also not 100% related to clerics but combining T1 and T2 into one tier is a nice change. It was something I always wanted for a long time. Why design a whole bunch of dungeon and make it so that only half of them are even run by most people on a daily basis? That was a waste of design and content.

Quote Originally Posted by p3t3r1 View Post
    Also not 100% related to clerics but combining T1 and T2 into one tier is a nice change. It was something I always wanted for a long time. Why design a whole bunch of dungeon and make it so that only half of them are even run by most people on a daily basis? That was a waste of design and content.

As a cleric I was able to jump right into a T2 when I hit 50, so this change is going to be awesome to see the places I never got to see while taking care of my daily random.

Champion

As far as shaman improvements go, some are parsing higher on dummies than as inquisitor. Anyone have an opinion how this will pan out raid buffed?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by stefe View Post
    As far as shaman improvements go, some are parsing higher on dummies than as inquisitor. Anyone have an opinion how this will pan out raid buffed?
    Scales similiar to Inquis. Inquis I was doing 3k raid buffs/debuffs on dummy, 3.2k as Shaman with raid buffs/debuffs. Approximately 10 minutes on both parses...and to boot Shaman parse didn't have Clinging Spirits on the dummy for it.
    Last edited by Bluelightt; 01-24-2012 at 10:38 PM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Morvick's Avatar

OP, your item list #5, spamming DoL when someone got the smallest of Owies...
    Have you been watching me play? <_<;

I can't help it! I'm a tank. I don't like it when other group members take damage.

And as to not going 7 Shaman, It's gonna take me a while to figure out where I want those points to go. Inquis? Cab? Warden? Druid?! We'll see!
    Last edited by Morvick; 01-25-2012 at 11:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast