+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleric Gearing

Plane Touched

Default Cleric Gearing

So I've subscribed to Rift since launch but only played a warrior sporadically, and now that I want to get into Rift full force I've decided to roll a cleric for a new playstyle. I'm using the builds and rotations presented in this guide:

http://dulfycleric.wordpress.com/201...eveling-guide/

Thing is, I have no idea how to gear. What kind of weapons, what stats, etc. Can someone help out a total noob to clerics? Any other advice would be good too!

Plane Touched

I'm not asking for specific gear pieces, just like what kind of weapon types to use and what stat weights to focus on

Champion

Focus on wisdom and spellpower as your primary stats. Ignore crit and intellect, as you will get plenty of that by accident while focusing on wisdom/spell power heavy gear and lessers for your sigil. Intellect and crit arent bad for dps, they do help, but only half as much, or less, than spell power. You will still see a few clerics intentionally stacking spell crit, but it will be lower dps than if they had stacked spell power instead.
    oh for weapon types, generally one handed maces and totem for offhand if you are caster(inquisitor, cabalist), two handed mace if you are melee. However, a 2h staff is fine also, in fact, just go with whicever has the highest spell power between the staff and 2h mace for melee spec(shaman)
    Last edited by stefe; 01-21-2012 at 10:37 PM.

+ Reply to Thread