+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: My DPS

Default My DPS

I would like some feedback on my/cleric DPS compared to other raid members. I understand that cleric DPS is lacking - from what I have read about seasoned, experienced clerics testing and math along with others raid logs - however, I either must be doing something awesome or some people are lacking.

As a 51inq/10sent/5warden, I have pulling top single target dps on the first few HK fights (Murdantix, Matron, Zilas, Prime, King). I believe I have perfected my rotation. Even as the 1 of the 3 or 4 purges on Sicaron, I end up between 2nd to 4th in the DPS ranking.

I am constantly challenging the other mages and a few decked out warriors. Sometimes they will pull ahead of me if I start making mistakes.

I just picked up my 3rd HK set piece. I also have RotP focus gloves, r1 focus helm, and the 3 pieces dps crafted set (shoulders, chest, and ring = 20 sp bonus (I currently Rune Kings shoulders, but adding that piece along nets a lost in SP/SC)).

Not sure how I can become better (I am always looking for input) and is it me shining or raid members slacking a bit in dps?

DPS usually around 2500 +/- 150. Matron,because of movement is around 2100-2200. Sicaron, I am so close to 3k. Murdantix, just around 2500.
    Last edited by Calibrex; 01-20-2012 at 08:04 AM.
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

Have you tried 51 Inq 10 sent 5 Cab?

I believe your SP to be at least 1800 unbuffed (mine is, and I haven't even set foot in HK yet), so you would definitely benefit from the added +5% spell power over the +10% to insta. There is a discussion about this somewhere on the cleric forums; you may want to check it out.

Warden is better with lower SP (don't know the numbers, but I'm assuming <1500-1600), and Cabalist is better if you're above that.

Good luck!

Here's the link to the Inq build discussion: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...nquisitor.html
    Last edited by Raynedrops; 01-20-2012 at 08:16 AM. Reason: added link
    Strawberryfields L3X High Elf Mage@Bloodiron-EU (currently playing)
    Mercenary Krool L60 Mathosian Warrior@Bloodiron-EU (currently playing)
    Marshall Raynedrops L60 High Elf Cleric@Bloodiron-EU

Ascendant

I personally don't have a problem with the damage Inquisitor is putting out.

I don't think it's lacking at all. Also Cabalist AOE damage is great.

Druid is behind.

Shaman I haven't tested extensively but it's not super awful it's just that Inquisitor pretty much trumps it across the board.

Cabalist has great AOE damage but not so good single target, it's fantastic when you're AOEing but single target it doesn't hold a candle to Inquisitor or Shaman.

So Cleric damage, is it 'the best' ? No but it's pretty good, it's good enough to me. In my opinion doing damage on the Cleric is obviously viable at the moment, I think it's going too far right now to really complain about it. It would be great if the melee souls were brought up to the Inquisitor's level or even slightly exceeded it though.

Now Cleric tanking on the other hand... it really does look like there's a case there for Clerics not to be getting hit so hard. Threat generation is fantastic due to recent changes, but being a tank is about being able to take a hit and when it comes to taking hits you want a Warrior first, a Rogue second and a Cleric third.

So anyway i'll stop rambling, to answer your question it sounds like you could probably teach most other Clerics a thing or two about DPSing. I have close to the same level of gear you do and only did 2.6 k on siccaron.
    Last edited by Malark; 01-20-2012 at 08:36 AM.

Ascendant

Your numbers look where they should be, especially without a 4 piece. Cleric DPS isn't too lacking though from my perspective. I would say others are slacking a bit if those are the ranks you're getting. Then again some classes get massive boosts from 4 piece while we just get 10% increase to damage. However, as another poster said, try out 5 cab instead of 5 warden. Only other way to see increases in DPS is to fill out your PA's, yes it is mindnumbingly boring but the Spell Power increase is very nice from them once you get them filled out, even just getting tier 1 SP ones filled out is a sizeable increase.
    Last edited by Bluelightt; 01-20-2012 at 08:40 AM.

Champion

Swap from 5 warden to 5 cab. There arent any fights where you will run out of instants moving around.
    Gilg - 50 Guardian Cleric on Briarcliff
    Maximation
    We're recruiting active, competent raiders who enjoy being competitive while having fun!

Agreeing with the others who suggest 5 cab over 5 warden.

And I would say considering your gear, you are certainly pulling respectable numbers. But are your Mages in gear comparable to yours? A dps Mage with comparable gear should be pulling higher numbers, and if they're not, they are either (a) not running the right specs, (b) playing them poorly, or -- as you suggested -- (c) just slacking.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sarrom View Post
    Swap from 5 warden to 5 cab. There arent any fights where you will run out of instants moving around.
    Err no? What would you know about dps. Zilas is all about movement. To max your dps on murdantix, laser phase zilas and molinar, you need warden. It is essential.

5 cab will not pull you through most fights in HK. Boosting your vex and SH to the max along with waterjet will.

Thank you all for the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Raynedrops View Post
    Have you tried 51 Inq 10 sent 5 Cab?

I believe your SP to be at least 1800 unbuffed (mine is, and I haven't even set foot in HK yet), so you would definitely benefit from the added +5% spell power over the +10% to insta. There is a discussion about this somewhere on the cleric forums; you may want to check it out.

Warden is better with lower SP (don't know the numbers, but I'm assuming <1500-1600), and Cabalist is better if you're above that.
    I believe I am sitting around ~1650 dps. With raid buffs (bard and archon) I have exactly 2000sp and 850 SC. I know my SC seems low from other people posting iirc.

I run a pure SP planar focus (~100-120 wis&int and 90ish SP). It is not resist specific.

I will try swapping to cab tonight. Follow up question: my single target macro is BoJ, bolt of radiance, crushing wave? and waterjet. I try and use banish (have it separate) when I can if the movement is really heavy. What should my priority be for the instant abilities? . When I do switch to cab, what will my movement spells be? Also, when would it be beneficial just to keep refreshing vex verses casting other spells?

Quote Originally Posted by hippyman View Post
    Err no? What would you know about dps. Zilas is all about movement. To max your dps on murdantix, laser phase zilas and molinar, you need warden. It is essential.

5 cab will not pull you through most fights in HK. Boosting your vex and SH to the max along with waterjet will.
    Warden, on those fights, makes my world go round - no pun intended.

Champion

Lol...I play 51 inquis extensively, and I pull very respectable numbers on every encounter I dps on in HK. I think I know what I am talking about when I give people advice(which I do often through PMs).

You should not even be water jetting in the first place until life's vengeance and banish are on cooldown, as well as SH and vex obviously. Going 5 cab over 5 warden your SH and vex hit for virtually the same as 5 warden, slightly less...and your BoJ(the bulk of your damage), BoD, and Rebuke will hit harder as 5 cab.

If you're constantly going through 2 GCDs, excluding SH and vex so that you have to use a water jet on encounters like murdantix, molinar, and zilas then you need to start thinking about your positioning on said encounters and how you can improve. The only boss you could make an argument for going 5 warden over 5 cab is "maybe" grugonim for the tower phases, and even then its not a big deal since towers die instantly.
    Maximation
    We're recruiting active, competent raiders who enjoy being competitive while having fun!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sarrom View Post
    You should not even be water jetting in the first place until life's vengeance and banish are on cooldown,
    I stopped reading after this. 5/10. You almost had me.

Banish has no cooldown.

Checkmate troll.

Champion

Banish has no cooldown.

Checkmate troll.
    What does banish not having a cooldown have to do with whether you use it or not? If you were 5 warden, your movement skills would be SH(if its up) > vex(if its not on the boss, LOL NO COOLDOWN) > LV(if its up) > banish(if its not on the boss) > water jet, understand now?
    Last edited by Sarrom; 01-20-2012 at 10:35 AM.
    Maximation

Soulwalker

To OP.

Having 3pc HK set and 3pc crafted tells me you've been replacing R1 set w/ the R2 set? I myself have 4pc R1 and 3pc Crafted. Just got my first R2 item, belt. But when I get more R2 pieces I certainly won't be replacing my R1 set, I'll be replacing the 3pc crafted. R2 Chest piece alone nets 17SP over the crafted, plus other stat increases makes up for losing the 3pc 20SP increase. Overall your stats will be higher by having R2 pieces replacing crafted and leaving R1 pieces alone. Now it may be a moot-point since you've already done it, but it may be worth replacing crafted pieces w/ R1 set pieces.

Ascendant

Banish has no cooldown.

Checkmate troll.
    Like Gilg stated, you do not need Waterjet for any fight in HK (I would even argue not on Grugonim either, if you get ahead of the pack a bit you can fit in a few casts). Even with 5 Cab there are PLENTY of instants to use for movement fights. Please, just stop posting bad ideas about DPS.

And, really? Someone using Molinar as an argument for a movement fight? You use, what, 1 GCD moving in that fight when you have to move?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    Like Gilg stated, you do not need Waterjet for any fight in HK (I would even argue not on Grugonim either, if you get ahead of the pack a bit you can fit in a few casts). Even with 5 Cab there are PLENTY of instants to use for movement fights. Please, just stop posting bad ideas about DPS.

And, really? Someone using Molinar as an argument for a movement fight? You use, what, 1 GCD moving in that fight when you have to move?
    Yerp! 5 pts Warden for a scant increase on SH and Vex dmg, and the measly instant cast skills is a horrible reason. Very few HK raiders can justify it anymore. 5 Cab is more beneficial for the predominate portion of any boss fight which is NOT movement. Not a single boss requires non-stop movement (except 25% Murd, or the 30 seconds of tower phases on Grug? lol). Every single one takes literally seconds to get through a movement phase. Even then as ranged, for Murd you don't move THAT much, nor with towers for Grug...

And to touch on that silly comment of "Banish has no CD". DERP, Nor does Vex, but it is a DOT that you refresh like Vex helping during movement.
    Last edited by batou079; 01-20-2012 at 11:15 AM.

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast