+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree201Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Planned Changes for Clerics in 1.7

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Planned Changes for Clerics in 1.7

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know the current list of proposed Cleric changes now that I'm done with most them and have a chance to post. Most of these will go up with the next PTS push. The rest will probably come in with the push after that.

Obviously remember that none of this stuff is final. Some of these changes may not even end up going Live, depending how things shake out in testing. Also remember that this is not an exhaustive list of every change we ever plan on making to Clerics or a representation of every issue that may concern us.

Clerics
    • Updated the tooltips on pretty much everything.
    • Reduced the mana cost of AE heals.
    This is part of a larger effort to increase the readability of tooltips in general. You'll also notice that values for damage numbers and the like now include Spell Power, buffs, and whatnot. The goal is that when for example, Bolt of Judgment says it deals 100 damage, that's how much damage it actually does. Resists, buffs, and debuffs on the target may change that, but that's the amount of damage you will do.

Cabalist
    • Dark Passage: Now teleports 10 meters forward.
    Druid
    • Trickster Spirit, Slothful Spirit, Spiteful Spirit: These have all been changed to spells that deal Earth damage and work from 30 meters.
    • Eruption of Life: Now triggers off of any damage.
    • Faerie Healing: Increased the healing amount.
    • Faerie's Favor: Now instacast. Increased the healing amount. Now affects up to 4 additional party or raid members within a 20 meter radius if cast by the Greater Faerie.
    • Mead Rush: New ability usable by the Satyr. Charges at the enemy and deals damage. Has a 10 second cooldown.
    • Fury of the Fae: The Satyr will now also autocast this when out of combat.
    Inquisitor
    • Corporal Punishment: Now lasts 12 seconds.
    Justicar
    • Reprieve: Increased the effect of Spell Power.
    • Healer's Creed: Now increases the healing you receive by 5-10%.
    • Light Makes Right: Now functions properly immediately after purchasing.
    • Reparation: Now able to heal others using Reparation. No longer able to heal others using Mien of Honor.
    Purifier
    • Surging Flames: The triggered heal now has a 20 meter radius.
    • Divine Cascade: Removed.
    • Gathering of the Ancestors: New spell available at 38. Puts an absorb shield on up to 10 party or raid members within 35 meters. Applies a blocker that prevents being affected by it again for 20 seconds (this is a different blocker from the one applied by Ward of the Ancestors and the two don't block each other, but they don't stack). 30 second cooldown.
    • Asphodel's Purifier Crystal: 4 point bonus now reduces damage taken by 7% for 10 second. Now overwrites and cannot be overwritten by Protect the Flock.
    • Flash of the Phoenix: New spell available at 44 points. Resurrects with 50% health and mana. Usable in combat.
    Sentinel
    • Healing Communion, Healing Benediction: Both now have a 20 meter radius.
    • Marked by the Light: Now has a 15 meter radius.
    • Life's Return: Now has a 5 minute cooldown.
    Shaman
    • Battle Charge: Reduced cooldown to 10 seconds.
    • Brutalize: Now deals 30-60% of Massive Blow's damage over 10 seconds. Reduced maximum stack size to 3.
    • Dauntless Courage: Now affects all melee damage.
    • Vengeance of the Frozen Earth: Removed.
    • Ekkehard's Invocation: Now spell available in tier 3. Instacast, ranged, and deals Air damage.
    • Favored of the Valnir: Now increases the duration of Lightning by 4-8 seconds, causing increased damage on each additional tick.
    Warden
    • Waterjet: Reduced its benefit from Spell Power.
    • Healing Showers, Orbs of the Tide: Both now have a 20 meter radius.
    • Healing Cataract: Now has a 25 meter radius and affects 10 party or raid members.
    • Ripple: Now has a 20 meter radius.
    • Cascade: No longer costs mana.
    • River of Life: New spell available at 44 points. Resurrects with 50% health and mana. Usable in combat.
    Last edited by Zinbik; 01-24-2012 at 06:13 PM.

Plane Touched

Holy crap, combat res for all three healing souls? Not sure if I like that... but its something!

Liking the changes to purifier also, I always found that the most confusing healing soul to use.. so might be worth a second look with these notes.

Thanks Zinbik!

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Davexeno View Post
    Holy crap, combat res for all three healing souls? Not sure if I like that... but its something!

!
    Whats not to like about that??? That a good change for the better.

Thanks for the update Zinbik!

Love the sent changes but still holding out hope for some kinda a mana help, either cost reduction or mana regen of some kind.
    Last edited by Ivengar; 01-11-2012 at 06:50 PM.
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

I love all of these changes.
    afk tera.

Plane Touched

Thank You, Zinbik

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ivengar View Post
    Whats not to like about that??? That a good change for the better.

Thanks for the update Zinbik!

Love the sent changes but still holding out hope for some kinda a mana help, either cost reduction or mana regen of some kind.
    Having it only in Sentinel made it an exclusivity for that tree. Now its available to all three tree's in one form or another (on a 10m CD I assume vs the newly change 5m CD) it loses that exclusivity. I Actually enjoyed playing my Warden and not having to worry about Combat Res, once raids where aware I didn't have one they usually notched it up a gear and survived more often. I'm certainly not complaining, but will change how I play my healer =]

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Rift Team

All 3 combat resurrects will be on a 5 minute shared cooldown. Absolution will not be a part of said shared cooldown.
    Last edited by Zinbik; 01-11-2012 at 07:00 PM.

Thanks for posting an update

purifier changes look interesting

Jucks / Jux - 50 Defiant Cleric - P8
    Guild < Ethereal > : 11/11 HK - 4/4 ROTP

Click here for my RIFT videos

Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    This is part of a larger effort to increase the readability of tooltips in general. You'll also notice that values for damage numbers and the like now include Spell Power, buffs, and whatnot. The goal is that when for example, Bolt of Judgment says it deals 100 damage, that's how much damage it actually does. Resists, buffs, and debuffs on the target may change that, but that's the amount of damage you will do.
    zomg thank you!!!!

Pretty disappointed, honestly. I was expecting some tanking improvements. I guess it'll be nice to be able to play shaman?

Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar

All 3 combat resurrects will be on a 5 minute shared cooldown. Absolution will not be a part of said shared cooldown.
    wtb 44puri/32 sent spec

Cabalist
    • Dark Passage: Now teleports 10 meters forward.
    About time, awesome!

Purifier
    • Gathering of the Ancestors: New spell available at 38. Puts an absorb shield on up to 10 party or raid members within 35 meters. Applies a blocker that prevents being affected by it again for 20 seconds (this is a different blocker from the one applied by Ward of the Ancestors and the two don't block each other, but they don't stack). 30 second cooldown.
    • Asphodel's Purifier Crystal: 4 point bonus now reduces damage taken by 7% for 10 second. Now overwrites and cannot be overwritten by Protect the Flock.
    -Will the Gathering of the Ancestors scale with Spell Power?

-Protect the Flock is usually always on, making this 7% only give 2% extra since it overwrites. will that be worth it? i'd rather see it give 5% without overwriting.
    Last edited by Byona; 01-11-2012 at 07:10 PM.
    See you all in Wildstar!

Ascendant

Just one question will clerics be losing Reinforce?

A bone kind sir

Telaran

yay! love the brez's, changes to purifier and shaman...good stuff
    also love that our teleport is usable now

Really liking the look of these changes.
    Spence <Legit>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast