+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shared recovery for PvP?

Default Shared recovery for PvP?

From the Sentinel tree:

''Shared Recovery''- Heals both the Cleric and their Ally for 171 to 176 health''. 2 seconds cast time, talented to 1 second cast time. 25 points into Sentinel. Requires 28 points in to be fully talented.

Whilst building my spec and comparing my build to others I notice it isn't ever specced into. I made this Cleric very recently. I see potential in the ability - as a filler spam skill when my target is fully HoT'd.

Note:
    I will not be spamming this skill on myself whilst taking fire.
    I generally won't use cast time skills unless absolutely necessary for healing in PvP. However with a 1 second cast time, interrupts from most players won't catch it.

So my question is:
    Does it have some major flaw? Can anyone give me a rough idea of how much it heal crits for at r8 gear (so I can compare to my Mage heals).

Does it's scaling make it crappy? Or are points just better spent? Why is it not used. Or am I wrong and do you use it?
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar

Because most of the time, it's one or the other taking damage.. and if you both are, then likely a lot more people are taking damage too. As a ST heal that benefits you if you happen to not be topped off as well, it's not strong enough for the main reason you are using it. There are better options. I did know a couple people who made use of it though. I didn't like it though.

My experience is in WF's.. for say.. duo in open world PvP, it might make more sense.
    Last edited by The Real Viz Shady; 01-09-2012 at 09:27 PM.

It's just not that great, if both you and your target are taking damage you pretty much need serendipity for it to be effective as an instant cast (otherwise the cast time gets pushed back too much making it pretty inefficient). On top of that it just doesn't heal for that much. And if it's just one person taking damage you're much better off using the stronger single target heals.

I mean...it's ok but as soon as serious damage starts getting put out you need to switch to the 'for srs' heal spells.

As for builds, if you're running a hybrid build the points are generally just better spent elsewhere. Sent heavy builds it's a nice little utility spell to have on your bar, but I wouldn't consider it a hallmark of any playstyle in any scenario.
    Last edited by rantology; 01-09-2012 at 09:42 PM.
    afk tera.

General of Telara

I recently speced into this skill and so far I like it. I've been using it to top people when I have a serendipity proc instead of burning a CD.

If you currently use 32+ points in sentinel I'd say its worth it. If your spec isn't 32+ points I'd say no-your points are needed elsewhere.

I run around 1900 SP
    hits for around 900- 1700 crit.

Unless you duo wpvp it's not.
    Chances are that if you and someone else is getting hit, 5 other people are getting hit right a log with you.

Plus 3 points is pretty expensive for a heal that seemingly heals less than healing grace and a lot less than any other heal.

Puri insta heal is more useful and crits for about the same.
    Last edited by Eughe; 01-10-2012 at 02:26 PM.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Unless you duo wpvp it's not.
    Chances are that if you and someone else is getting hit, 5 other people are getting hit right a log with you.

Plus 3 points is pretty expensive for a heal that seemingly heals less than healing grace and a lot less than any other heal.

Puri insta heal is more useful and crits for about the same.
    Everyone has diffrent healing styles. I have been actually using this skill the last week and find it more useful than other skills in a 32+ sentinel spec. Not everyone will feel the same way.

As far as that puri insta heal, I dont think there is any good pvp healer that has points in puri.

Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    Everyone has diffrent healing styles. I have been actually using this skill the last week and find it more useful than other skills in a 32+ sentinel spec. Not everyone will feel the same way.

As far as that puri insta heal, I dont think there is any good pvp healer that has points in puri.
    I've seen plenty of wardipuris in wf and they were not bad at all when I was present at least.
    They threw around shields on low people and both their and my heals keeps those people up.
    Even saved my numerous times (since I'm always marked and spammed insta heals on me while I downpoured and hotted everyone one up).

My deluge with their ripple and shower was redonkulous, and the enemy team has 4 cabs and some I think a could warlocks.

It's a good support build if you have a good healer around, although I personally wouldn't use it.

Thanks for the posts
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Ascendant

Basically in PVE I have used it on occasion when i'm damaged and the tank is taking some damage.

Really not often though, I think it should be removed and something better put in. Even something pretty non-threatening like just 'marked by the light' getting an extra 1-3 triggers per point invested.
    Last edited by Malark; 01-11-2012 at 08:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread