+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A quick question!

Soulwalker

Default A quick question!

Is there any melee 2h dps spec that is viable in this game for PvE? I want to play this class cause they look fun in pvp but I also want to raid and 2h dps is my favorite. Thanks

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Brutalsteve View Post
    Is there any melee 2h dps spec that is viable in this game for PvE? I want to play this class cause they look fun in pvp but I also want to raid and 2h dps is my favorite. Thanks
    Only viable 2h melee dps is the warrior calling.

As it stands, shaman is considerably worse than inquisitor ranged dps for clerics, and we're already the worst dps compared to other callings.
    Last edited by Ahov; 01-07-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Only viable 2h melee dps is the warrior calling.

As it stands, shaman is considerably worse than inquisitor ranged dps for clerics, and we're already the worst dps compared to other callings.
    If I didnt know any better I would say you were a bit resentful about this fact D:

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    If I didnt know any better I would say you were a bit resentful about this fact D:
    Yes, I don't think ranged dps should be our best option.

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

I want shaman to be top dps

Soulwalker

how long has it been like that? Do you think it is something they may fix?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Brutalsteve View Post
    how long has it been like that? Do you think it is something they may fix?
    It's been that way for many months. As for fixing it....nothing specific has been announced yet.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    It's been that way for many months. As for fixing it....nothing specific has been announced yet.
    um shaman has always been the redheaded stepchild of the cleric class. Even when INQ wasnt our top DPS shaman was never number one. First it was druid>shaman then it was INQ> shaman. For what ever reason shaman always came up 2nd.

But I agree, I think shaman should be the highest DPS role (single target) in the cleric class and I do not think Inq's should be nerfed for it to happen. Keep INqs as is and just fix shamans so they parse in the top 2 of all classes for dps fights with out movement. In other words if the shaman is just standing there not moving and stright dpsing only one other class should be able to out dps with the same enviorment.
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

There is the 51 shaman build 51 shaman/11 inq/4 justicar or 4 warden (i..e 4 justicar one http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10dnr.Vxz.EedttrsAk.L) but like others said 51 Inq does it better and is ranged so really no point to run a 51 shaman.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by p3t3r1 View Post
    There is the 51 shaman build 51 shaman/11 inq/4 justicar or 4 warden (i..e 4 justicar one http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10dnr.Vxz.EedttrsAk.L) but like others said 51 Inq does it better and is ranged so really no point to run a 51 shaman.
    Well I played a captain in lotro, and I would also liek a class like that, is there a spec where I could be shaman(melee dps) throw out occasional heals and throw up buffs? I don't need to be straight dps, just not a straight healer or straight tank.

Soulwalker

shameless self bump

+ Reply to Thread