+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Cabalist Specs/rotation as requested

Rift Disciple

Default Cabalist Specs/rotation as requested

Cabalist

You should know that now "Decay" is a buff that gives you stacks of decay once every 2 seconds to a maximum of 3, with this build the only other 3 buffs you will have are Armor of Devotion(if inquis) and your cabalist resist buff(stacks with everything), and mein of agression. This build is for PURE DPS, it will have little to no survivability, which is fine in a raid situation where heals are ok, if you ever decide you want to have this as a support role, i would suggest 51cabalist/11 justicar/4 sentinel(or 51 cabalist/14justi/1 sent ((for mandate)))

51 Cabalist/10 sentinel/5 Warden (full ranged AoE based cabalist with some more SP)
    51 Cabalist/11 Inquisitor/4 warden (full ranged AoE based cabalist with a little more crit + Armor of Devotion+SH)
    51 Cabalist/14 inquisitor/1 Warden (adds soul drain if you feel like getting up in melee)

Rotation/Macro:
    Single Target:
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Curse of Discord
    cast Obliterate
    cast Dark Water
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Shadow's Touch
    This is the current single target macro. Personally, i don't use macro's for cast-time classes, and the rotation is simple, but if you are someone who likes using macro's the above will work fine.
    NOTE: Mixing in "Tyranny" when you have full decay, watching your Obliterate CD may push your single target DPS up a little, it just can't be in the macro, mess with it and see if you like it.

(specs that do not have Sanction Heretic, just remove it from your macro, simple enough)

AoE: I am not going to post a macro for this, the way you use cabalist with AoE is very situational, an AE macro would just lose you some DPS.

First off let me say that with cabalist AoE, the most damage you will do is when there is a decent chunk mobs in a centralized area, of course you aren't going to come across that ideal setup every time you do something, which is fine becuase cabalist does sustain enough dps on 2+ mobs as well.

Before I go into the AE rotation, let me go through a cooldown: Sign of Asias:
    Asias is a 2 min CD that allows decays to persist and not be consumed, this means you can burst DPS in an AoE fight like no other class could ever dream of. I highly recommend not doing it at the immediate start of the fight, as you will probably gain aggro and kill yourself(i'm great @ that). You should be using this in an AoE encounter whenever it is available, I have spiked to over 20kdps using this cooldown. Be sure you have a centralized mob targeted and drop 5 full-charge tyranny's. Have fun!

Rotation: 1) Soul Drain, 2) Tyranny(be sure you have a centralized mob targeted for best AE spread), 3) Bound Fate(5 target AoE) 4) Shadows Touch 5) Tyranny 6) Soul Drain, Repeat. NOTE: Be sure you keep an eye on your decay stacks, ideally you only want to be dropping tyranny when you have 3 stacks of Decay. NOTE: Curse of Solitude is similar to Curse of Discord except in that it will put a DoT on the mob and damage enemies around them when that mob uses an ability. You can work this into your rotation as well, as long as you are not sacrificing a GCD while sitting on 3 stacks of decay.

Non-Soul Drain Cab spec AE rotation: Simply do not use Soul drain. You will gain more repeat casts of Shadows touch during your downtime on CD's (or waiting for decay stacks). Tyranny>Bound Fate>Shadows Touch>Tyranny>Shadows touch>Shadows touch>Tyranny>bound fate>shadows touch>tyranny. (remember you can mix in curse of solitude if you so choose)

Single target Cabalist w/o Inquisitor: Dark Water>Curse of Discord>Obliterate>Shadows touch, keep your DoT's up while spamming Shadows Touch waiting for Obliterate to come off of CD, as i said before you can gain 3 stacks of decay while an obliterate is on CD, as I said previously occasionally I will drop Tyranny on a single target mob just so i do not have to waste Decays(you will have enough saved up to get 3 more decays before obliterate is off CD) Some players who do not have the gear will find this a DPS loss, I find it to be a minimal increase because it's an instant no-cast time ability and I have over 2ksp raid buffed.

This is all based off of my extensive experience with cabalist, It is my favorite spec. I'm sure i'll get some flak from a couple people here, however, I currently hold the highest matron cabalist parse Defiant side. Riftlogs.com
    Last edited by FataleArcanis; 01-01-2012 at 04:32 PM.
    __Fatalityz__
    Addiction <Cleric Lead>
    8/8 ID - World First Laethys

Plane Touched

http://riftlogs.com/riftlogs/rankings/z/16/m/damage/c/0

#show Curse of Solitude
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Curse of Solitude
    cast Bound Fate
    cast Shadow's Touch
    cast Vile Power
    cast Tyranny

#show Curse of Discord
    cast Curse of Discord
    cast Dark Water
    cast Obliterate
    cast Bound Fate
    cast Shadow's Touch
    cast WaterJet

Rift Disciple

i'll be the first one to admit I am not very well-versed in macros, i came from EQ etc where they simply didn't exist in this extent, I find that for MYSELF, macros take a lot out of my playability. I straight up do not use them for cabalist. I'm sure others love running macros and do it all the time, thats fine. As far as my first entry here there are possibly better ST/AE macros, such as the above post. I'll admit that once upon a time I used one for cabalist Single target, but I never have and never will use one for AE.
    Last edited by FataleArcanis; 01-01-2012 at 05:07 PM.
    __Fatalityz__
    Addiction <Cleric Lead>

Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar

lots of cabby skills have 15s cds and macro together rather nicely.

I use pretty much the above macros I just keep tyranny on its own button

Thank you!! I appreciate it.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Jonchron View Post
    http://riftlogs.com/riftlogs/rankings/z/16/m/damage/c/0

#show Curse of Solitude
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Curse of Solitude
    cast Bound Fate
    cast Shadow's Touch
    cast Vile Power
    cast Tyranny

#show Curse of Discord
    cast Curse of Discord
    cast Dark Water
    cast Obliterate
    cast Bound Fate
    cast Shadow's Touch
    cast WaterJet

For aoe, you don't want anything macroed because there is a specific rotation to follow for maximum dps.

2 targets= Tyranny, shadow's touch, shadow's touch, tyranny, etc. Bound fate is not used for 2 targets
    It is ok to macro in vile power with your tyranny, though.

3 targets= Tyranny, bound fate, shadow's touch, repeat. Curse of solitude should not be in a macro because it may be used in situations where it would be better dps to not use it (if the mob will die before the curse can take full effect)

For single target, you may make a macro, but it should look more like this

cast curse of discord
    cast obliterate
    cast dark water
    cast sanction heretic (if inq)
    cast distorted shadows
    cast shadow's touch
    cast waterjet (if warden)
    cast vex (if inq)

As bound fate does less damage than shadow's touch, it's pointless to use it for ST. Bound fate should only be used on 3 targets+.
    Last edited by Ahov; 01-02-2012 at 01:01 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    For aoe, you don't want anything macroed because there is a specific rotation to follow for maximum dps.

2 targets= Tyranny, shadow's touch, shadow's touch, tyranny, etc. Bound fate is not used for 2 targets
    It is ok to macro in vile power with your tyranny, though.

3 targets= Tyranny, bound fate, shadow's touch, repeat. Curse of solitude should not be in a macro because it may be used in situations where it would be better dps to not use it (if the mob will die before the curse can take full effect)

For single target, you may make a macro, but it should look more like this

cast curse of discord
    cast obliterate
    cast dark water
    cast sanction heretic (if inq)
    cast distorted shadows
    cast shadow's touch
    cast waterjet (if warden)
    cast vex (if inq)

As bound fate does less damage than shadow's touch, it's pointless to use it for ST. Bound fate should only be used on 3 targets+.
    I like this guy. What he says makes sense, and nothing derogitory against the OP....

Sword of Telara

Good to see a nice to-the-point cabalist guide with proper explanation and viable variants. Kudos for including the sent10/ward5 spec. Should probably add that that spec only becomes better than the inq version at high SP levels - until then most people will be better off with Inq11/ward4.

One thing of note though, and I'm sure this is just a minor typo on your part (if it's not I'm very curious as to why) in the macro you list Curse of Discord followed by Dark Water and only then Obliterate, whereas later on in the post you switch those two around and claim that's the rotation for an inquisitor-less cabalist.
    Last edited by Jinjah; 01-02-2012 at 02:41 AM.
    <Destiny Raiders>@Icewatch
    4/4 5/5

Rift Disciple

Nice Ahov
    Last edited by FataleArcanis; 01-02-2012 at 04:14 AM.
    __Fatalityz__
    Addiction <Cleric Lead>

Prophet of Telara

Single macro is nice for Matron but going on Garau I find that since im always switching between middle-adds/garau/porter that I need to keep all DoT abilities running on inq only. But I guess one can make a simple DoT/ Non-DoT macro anyway
    Last edited by Alex113; 01-02-2012 at 05:06 AM.

he DID get hit by a bus it seems

#1 Cleric World vanilla/preF2P SL. All Raids CQed

Rift Disciple

Hope this was able to help some peeps out.
    __Fatalityz__
    Addiction <Cleric Lead>

Telaran

I'm doing 51 cab 11 sent 4 inquisitor mainly for my own expiriments. Single target appears better when i threw in shards of light over another shadows touch provided at leat one shard tick crit.
    heres my ST macro...
    (obliterate here I don't macro because i like control over decay)
    curse of discord
    dark water
    sanction heretic
    (obliterate here I don't macro because i like control over decay)
    distorted shadows
    shards of light
    shadow's touch
    life's vengeance
    banish/vex ( I use vex/banish manually to multi dot if moving between tyranny)

(cleave macro yes i know its not melee)
    curse of discord
    dark water
    sanction heretic
    bound fate
    shadow's touch

aemacro
    curse of solitude
    bound fate
    shadow's touch

sign of asias
    cast sign of asias
    use glob/ other 2min cd trinket
    cast tyranny

Telaran

Default Dark Water?

I've removed dark water from my single target macro, as I find it was a dps loss to use it.

Can anyone help explain when this became a dps increase to use? Or has everyone just included it in the single target macro because Cab ST dps is just lol anyway?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Redjuice View Post
    I've removed dark water from my single target macro, as I find it was a dps loss to use it.

Can anyone help explain when this became a dps increase to use? Or has everyone just included it in the single target macro because Cab ST dps is just lol anyway?
    Dark water is always a dps increase. Counting the initial hit+ all ticks of the DoT, it is more powerful than shadow's touch, distorted shadows, or sanction heretic.
    Last edited by Ahov; 01-03-2012 at 02:59 AM.

Soulwalker

What about having 51cab/10sent/5prot ?

T4 geared u reach 2K+ SP in raid so isnt the 5% SP bonus from senti > to 5%crit and inqui armor?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast