+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shaman vs Inquisicar

Champion

Default Shaman vs Inquisicar

Hey fellow clerics. Most of what i see on the forums indicates that inquisitor dps parses alot higher than shaman, so much so that most dont even consider shaman to be a valid dps spec. My qeustion is, does this only present itself at extremely high gear levels?

The reason i ask is that in t1 raid gear and r8 weapon, i parse around 2.2-2.3k dps on murdantix as shaman. I dont seem to get much higher than that on any single target fight as 51inq/10sent/5cab. Also, i had to drop the invigorating runeshard enchant off my weapon to pick up a focus enchant. This hurts shaman dps alot more than inquisitor dps, meaning that when i do grab an hk 2h with focus, my dps should improve more as shaman than inquisitor, due to the much larger crit gain.

Anyone else have similar results between the two spec, or can offer some input as to if/when inquisitor pulls ahead. Also seems odd that our class lead stated shaman is the highest single target dps spec for clerics.

oop meant shaman vs inquisitor for title sorry
    Last edited by stefe; 12-31-2011 at 03:07 PM.

Ascendant

Inquisitor should outparse shaman at virtually any gear level.

Rift Disciple

Inquisitor will outparse Shaman at most gear levels... on the test dummy.

What I mean is that Inquis gets a couple of debuffs to make them do more damage on the test dummies that Shamans don't get on the test dummies. However, in a raiding environment the Shaman's would get to benefit from these as a different Cleric would be putting these debuffs on the boss. Also, I think Shaman is a much better choice for medium movement fights. If there is seriouslly a stand and pound fight, I believe that Inquisitor would be much better. i.e. Sicaron

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tourniquet1 View Post
    Inquisitor will outparse Shaman at most gear levels... on the test dummy.

What I mean is that Inquis gets a couple of debuffs to make them do more damage on the test dummies that Shamans don't get on the test dummies. However, in a raiding environment the Shaman's would get to benefit from these as a different Cleric would be putting these debuffs on the boss. Also, I think Shaman is a much better choice for medium movement fights. If there is seriouslly a stand and pound fight, I believe that Inquisitor would be much better. i.e. Sicaron
    There are zero fights that would benefit shaman to an extent where it outparses inquisitor.

None.

I would imagine if there was a fight that involved everyone continously having to move ALL the time, and range HAD to stack on boss' behind ALL the time - Shaman would out-dps inq cause Inq wouldn't be able to properly dps with all their cast times.

Of course; I don't think there are any bosses that have this mechanic. It is usually either stack-on-behind and maybe move sometimes here and there; or ranged and just stay ranged and move sometimes to keep in range (Murdantix/etc).

+ Reply to Thread