+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need some help with PvP Healing Spec & PvE Healing spec.

Default Need some help with PvP Healing Spec & PvE Healing spec.

Heya guys, I'm still a fresh 50 cleric,
    but I'm funded because I have a main. I bought the crafted-set.. and I'm currently using

http://dulfycleric.wordpress.com/201...ealing-builds/
    for PvP (31 Sentinel / 30 warden / 5 templar)

and

http://dulfycleric.wordpress.com/201...inel32-warden/
    for PvE
    (34 Sentinel, 32 Warden, 0 Purifier)

Was wondering on opinions of the other clerics,
    are these builds good?
    EU <BloodIron> PvP
    <Chronic Insanity>

Zemoa's World - A Rift Blog

For pvp what you listed is a good base. I dont like the point spread on Duffy's guide but it really comes down to preference. I use
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...tco.xEbzkdRo.x

For pve there are a lot of specs depending on the fight and what your role is. Dont bother having 2 variations of the sent/ward spec for pve and pvp. Just go 32points in sentinel and the difference wont be much.

I suggest having a senticar spec of some sort for pve for one of your roles. The one that I like is
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...fstco.qhMo.Vxk
    You will need focus gear for this but it very versatile. Awesome raid heals and good single target healing.

There are alot of builds are PvE and also PvP depending on what your role is. Sent/purifier is a good bet. It is your standard tank healing build with some limited AoE healing capabilities. As you get more experienced and can manage convictions and stuff the senticar isn't a bad spec to have as well. Check Rantology's DoL guide for that.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ng-macros.html

As for the PvP build, I find myself spamming Healing Communion alot more than I am using HI. The 5/5 point allocation for the HoT attached to HI wasn't as useful and the 5/5 mana cost reduction was much nicer.

Thanks guys ;)
    I'll read through that DoL hybrid guide again,
    Oh and Dulfy, your guides are amazing. Thanks for the time & effort writing them.
    EU <BloodIron> PvP
    <Chronic Insanity>

Zemoa's World - A Rift Blog

Rift Disciple

for WF healing i find i do the best in 51 Warden, 15 Sent, 0 Templar.

Warden is currently out of favor but i think that it is more because it is harder to play, requires some pre work and a lot of button mashing rather than how effective it is.

Waterjet for the win.
    Kill me quick. Zirak, Orstun, Riz, Robo, Snowreap, Strife, Skelas, Rallock, Thrack, Adimenti, Pemtium, Demazia, Elowyn, Lendryn, Tinstar, Arsilon and a host of others will be here shortly.

Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar

For PvP you cannot beat:

28 sent/ 26 ward/ 12 temp

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...k.E0x0fszc.VVb

Shadowlander

Unless your main is a Chloro, I don't recommend jumping right into Senticar. Yes, it's easy, but only when you're used to using that form of healing, it's a lot different than standard healing, your healing RELIES upon other things (building conviction, Serendipity, etc) whereas in a standard healing spec, you have instant buttons for healing and it only relies on mana, more cooldowns, etc.

It's also a more dangerous form of healing... you have to be meleeing for some of your justicar abilities. so positioning is a lot different than standard "far away" healing.

As such, I suggest starting out in PvE healing as something a little easier, with more oh **** buttons. like a 32/34 sent/puri or something like that. There are guides all over and just look in the soul calculator for the 32/34 or even 32/32/2 or something like that.

As for PvP, I hate PvP, so yeah my input on subject that is worthless

Good luck!

Shield of Telara

Senticar is definitely more involved that other healing specs (which makes it even more fun as it has a lot going on)

I use a pure ranged Senticar and it has been very good for us.
    Sentinel [44]/ Justicar [10]/ Inquistor [12]

Primary Usage: Raid Heals with Tank Heal capability and DPS Contribution
    When we use it:
    We are using this for King Molinor as it has strong single tank heal capability for the Mage Tank as well as very strong Raid Heals for Cursed Blows. It is a ranged DPS caster that contributes 400-500 DPS and does that to always have Convictions for Doctrine of Loyalty.

How it Plays:
    You use your DPS to ensure you always have convictions up so that you can do the heavy raid healing provided by Doctrine of Loyalty. You are deep in Sentinel so can switch to heavy tank heals as needed or use the Sentinel cool downs (touch the light, healers covenant) as needed on the tank to supplement the dedicated tank healer. Use your conviction macro's to build as needed.

Why this over "classic" Senticar?
    This spec plays as a pure ranged healer and is much deeper into sentinel giving improved passive bonuses to Healing Breath and Healing Invocation. It gives up Purpose and relies on Agressive Renewal only for mana recovery (as well as tonics and raid) and also gives up the Justicar Battle Rez. We have found that many battle rez's only mask problems in progression and that if we are using that many we are just wiping anyway and they just delay the inevitable. This variant has less points "wasted" in justicar and moves those to Sentinel instead. It builds conviction incredibly easily and so can be raid healer for encounters that demand it or be a dedicated tank healer if the healing requirement is not strong enough to demand a Purifier healer.

Features:
    Single Target Heals: Healing Invocation Spam, Healing Breath, Touch the Light cooldown, Healer's Covenant
    Raid Heals: Doctrine of Loyalty, Healing Communion (with Serendipty procs), Protect the Flock
    Utility: AOE Cleanse, Single Target Cleanse, Battle Rez, Agressive Renewal (Mana recovery)

Macros

DPS Macro (and conviction builder)
    #show Sanction Heretic
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Life's Vengeance
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Strike of Judgment
    cast Bolt of Judgment
    cast Vex

Instant big heal
    #show Healing Invocation
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Touch the Light
    cast Healing Invocation
    Quote Originally Posted by Migs View Post
    Unless your main is a Chloro, I don't recommend jumping right into Senticar. Yes, it's easy, but only when you're used to using that form of healing, it's a lot different than standard healing, your healing RELIES upon other things (building conviction, Serendipity, etc) whereas in a standard healing spec, you have instant buttons for healing and it only relies on mana, more cooldowns, etc.

It's also a more dangerous form of healing... you have to be meleeing for some of your justicar abilities. so positioning is a lot different than standard "far away" healing.

As such, I suggest starting out in PvE healing as something a little easier, with more oh **** buttons. like a 32/34 sent/puri or something like that. There are guides all over and just look in the soul calculator for the 32/34 or even 32/32/2 or something like that.

As for PvP, I hate PvP, so yeah my input on subject that is worthless

Good luck!

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by aLittleBird View Post
    DPS Macro (and conviction builder)
    #show Sanction Heretic
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Life's Vengeance
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Strike of Judgment
    cast Bolt of Judgment
    cast Vex
    Good write up, I'd only point out that Vex will never fire from this macro. BoJ and Vex are both on GCD's. But otherwise nice.

Good write up, I'd only point out that Vex will never fire from this macro. BoJ and Vex are both on GCD's. But otherwise nice.
    I'd wager the intent is for Vex to fire only when mobile.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    Of course! My thinking cap is only half-way on today

Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar

Vex will fire when facing away / running away from your target.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    Yep, it is there for when you are mobile or turned away.

Soulwalker

Sorry aLittleBird, but I'm just not seeing the use of the spec. You seem to use it for BoJ spam for convictions and DoL for healing, with the ability to switch to 44 sent's big heals. However... you're giving up so much...

SENTICAR: The only advantages your spec has is a 1.5s BoJ instead of 2.0s Light Bolt spam for ranged (and probably about 50 dps due to this), and Vigilance. For this, you give up Reparation AND RM, a brez, melee ability (even justice spam in Senticar is as good as DoL spam with 5 targets), and Purpose. I see that you've optimized Senticar for ranged, but you could probably do a better job... if HPS is the focus, then http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...E0txfstco.ehMo will spam Light Bolt but with +5% crit, you keep SH, armor and agg renewal, but you pick up reparation and RM which, with protect the flock, work amazingly well and is one of the main (yet overlooked) reasons why Senticar is so popular. If DPS is your focus for optimising for ranged, then...

INQUISICAR: With 10 points in warden, your DoLs will hit harder in Inquisicar then they will in ANY senticar build, because of the +15% to instant heals. Or, you can pop 10 in sentinel for the extra crit damage. Either way, both specs are very competitive. With Inquisicar, you will well over double your DPS from that senticar build you posted, but lose the ability to tank heal/sentinel cooldowns. However, DoL spam for 2k+ per hit is 'tank heal' enough if your tanks drop - no need to charge up a 7k HI that may overheal when you can drop 2 DoLs for over 4k in the same time, and hit 9 other people too (including the other tank).

I just don't feel that a ranged senticar brings anything to the table that is worth giving up either of the specs more commonly used. I run Inquisicar on King Molinar and usually top healing, just because dumping 4x DoL every Cursed Blows is so efficient, and in the meantime you have DoL/Reparation to spot heal tanks and anyone who steps in AoE. And you can easily pull 1200+ DPS all the while, because you're still Deep Inquisitor.

If there is some kind of amazing reason I've overlooked why this is so good for King compared to a standard senticar or inquisicar so much that it justifies is (precious) role slot, please point it out. I know its not melee friendly, but standard senticar isn't exactly strapped for convictions even at range.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TehScat View Post
    Sorry aLittleBird, but I'm just not seeing the use of the spec. You seem to use it for BoJ spam for convictions and DoL for healing, with the ability to switch to 44 sent's big heals. However... you're giving up so much...

SENTICAR: The only advantages your spec has is a 1.5s BoJ instead of 2.0s Light Bolt spam for ranged (and probably about 50 dps due to this), and Vigilance. For this, you give up Reparation AND RM, a brez, melee ability (even justice spam in Senticar is as good as DoL spam with 5 targets), and Purpose. I see that you've optimized Senticar for ranged, but you could probably do a better job... if HPS is the focus, then http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...E0txfstco.ehMo will spam Light Bolt but with +5% crit, you keep SH, armor and agg renewal, but you pick up reparation and RM which, with protect the flock, work amazingly well and is one of the main (yet overlooked) reasons why Senticar is so popular. If DPS is your focus for optimising for ranged, then...

INQUISICAR: With 10 points in warden, your DoLs will hit harder in Inquisicar then they will in ANY senticar build, because of the +15% to instant heals. Or, you can pop 10 in sentinel for the extra crit damage. Either way, both specs are very competitive. With Inquisicar, you will well over double your DPS from that senticar build you posted, but lose the ability to tank heal/sentinel cooldowns. However, DoL spam for 2k+ per hit is 'tank heal' enough if your tanks drop - no need to charge up a 7k HI that may overheal when you can drop 2 DoLs for over 4k in the same time, and hit 9 other people too (including the other tank).

I just don't feel that a ranged senticar brings anything to the table that is worth giving up either of the specs more commonly used. I run Inquisicar on King Molinar and usually top healing, just because dumping 4x DoL every Cursed Blows is so efficient, and in the meantime you have DoL/Reparation to spot heal tanks and anyone who steps in AoE. And you can easily pull 1200+ DPS all the while, because you're still Deep Inquisitor.

If there is some kind of amazing reason I've overlooked why this is so good for King compared to a standard senticar or inquisicar so much that it justifies is (precious) role slot, please point it out. I know its not melee friendly, but standard senticar isn't exactly strapped for convictions even at range.
    Senticar and Inquisicar are very different beasts for very different purposes.
    • We use Senticar (melee or ranged) when we want DOL's as well as tank heals. When the damage on the tank you are healing is light enough a puriSent isn't needed and when DOL's are not enough.
    • We use Inquisicars on King (and many other fights).
    • We use a Senticar on the mage tank as that is enough healing on the mage while significantly helping on raid heals

So "classic" versus ranged. I think both are great but I prefer the ranged deeper senticar as it has much better healing invocation healing (as well as healing breath) and it doesn't have to be in melee range. not being in melee range is very useful for King and Silgen in RotP.

I am not a fan of your 14 point justicar version as you don't have enough dps for Righteous Mandate to be worthwhile and I find you have plenty of mana so as not to need Purpose so I move the points to Sentinel to further boost the passive Word of Hope for your invocation heals.

+ Reply to Thread