+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Doctrine of Loyalty is the problem

Default Doctrine of Loyalty is the problem

In response to this post:

Hi clerics. I'm a mage and I've become sick to death of this overpowered 1 gcd spell that heals 10 people and scales ridiculously well.

Cleric dev, nerf this spell so mages can be top heals and top dps as well.

Clerics with 11 justicar have far more utility, better raid healing than anything a mage can now provide and it has to stop.

When 1.7 comes around and the appropriate changes are not met, a lot of mages will leave the game. FACT.

I'm angry, and so are many others. Despite the hours I've put into this game I'm not planning on sticking around to continue being totally gimped while a class that isn't even a real class runs rings around me.

Trollolol.

Actually, a DoL cleric will never out-heal a chloromancer. DoL is fairly specialized, and while yes, it can very effectively raid heal, it really shines in countering raid burst damage mechanics like those found on Grugonim Tower Phase, Rune King Molinar, Akylios stinger AoE, Inquisitor Gauru etc.

But ultimately, a chloromancer can produce more numbers and much more steady HPS throughout an encounter. Not to mention you can switch to MT healing mid-fight, in addition to bringing a 4 minute b-rez and Wild Growth to the raid. The only exception to that would maybe be a senticar, which brings similar utility and raid healing but will sink to sub chloro/bard DPS levels. But chloros definately have their place in a raid.

To the direction I think you may have meant to go with this thread though- I agree with you that AoE healing has pretty much dumbed down any kind of challenge in this game with regards to PvE healing. It's pretty silly, and an extremely shallow experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Capsuleer View Post
    I'm having a really hard time trying to tell if you're actually serious with that, but this post was amusing enough. edit: nevermind, read your other post :P So you actually play a rogue then, right?
    Last edited by rantology; 12-21-2011 at 04:01 AM.
    afk tera.

Rift Disciple

In response to this post:

Hi clerics. I'm a mage and I've become sick to death of this overpowered 1 gcd spell that heals 10 people and scales ridiculously well.

Clerics with 11 justicar have far more utility, better raid healing than anything a mage can now provide and it has to stop.

When 1.7 comes around and the appropriate changes are not met, a lot of mages will leave the game. FACT.

I'm angry, and so are many others. Despite the hours I've put into this game I'm not planning on sticking around to continue being totally gimped while a class that isn't even a real class runs rings around me.
    A mage complaining? Has to be a troll !

While this is such a troll thread I will bite. A. Cloros if raid healing are still clearly better raid healers with the exception of a handful of fights that have big spike damage. These are the same fights bards can look good on too though. Sit and wait for the spike and then hit DoL or CoR and tou look like a rock star. B. Cloros are also at least as good a tank healer as Clerics. Some would argue better because they can heal the tank and so some dps at the same time.

The other night I was running the healers. I said no cleric tank healer, only a cloro, a senticar and a shammicar. Guess what there were no issues. Now I would never say cleric tank healer and cloro raid healer because that means the tank healer is doing no dps.

So you are saying that the one ability that min/max wise still permits the calling with 3 healing souls to be competitive in raids should be nerfed? Okay, no problem. Just nerf cloro tank healing enough so that i feel replacing him with a zero dps cleric is worth it and we have a deal.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Prophet of Telara

Well in my experience ~late 1.2 - the time 1.3 hit there were far too many clerics around, yet somehow magically after trion decided to nerf a lot of cleric stuff patch after patch since then and after NOT updating certain souls so that they actually scale with the extra stats from the new gear tier.. somehow, and i will repeat the word, magically, we have become a rare species in this game it seems. All I see is rogue rogue, and then some more rogue and then mages and warriors and somewhere in teh back, you can see a cleric or two. If you're lucky. And don't forget your binoculars.

he DID get hit by a bus it seems

#1 Cleric World vanilla/preF2P SL. All Raids CQed

Ascendant

Did you have to make your trolling so obvious ? You're just wasting your own time.

He made his trolling obvious on purpose.... by linking the thread he was mocking in his post.

Cleric Tank

Ascendant

Yeah I just read the post from the link he provided and it makes sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by rantology View Post
    So you actually play a rogue then, right?
    No, I actually do play a mage, although my main role is archon support, I do tend to do some chloro healing every now and then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex113 View Post
    somehow, and i will repeat the word, magically, we have become a rare species in this game it seems.
    That is most definitely not the case on our server. Clerics outnumber everyone and everything by a large margin. On an ordinary raid night we have maybe 3-4 wairriors, 2-3 mages, 3-5 rogues and the rest are usually clerics.

And yes, it does irk me to no end that clerics are the only class that has access to all 4 roles and excels at them all. There is only one way for a mage to outheal a cleric in fights with multiple AOE damage spikes, and that is through perfect timing, by casting Flourish the moment after AOE spike. Be a second too late, and clerics will spam DoL and top everyone's HP off.

I also believe that clerics are better than mages at tank healing because clerics cat put HoTs on the tank, which is a lot more useful in most cases than a mage spamming Void Life. Let's face it, no other class can mitigate tank damage like a Purifier can.

Let us also not forget that you can AOE cleanse (Archon's Cleansing Flames requires 20 points, which no mage in their right mind will do), and purge.

And let me remind you that while Radiant Spores does provide excellent passive heals, every second boss in HK, and their cat, and even their cats squeaky toy, will routinely dispel it.

Puus there are those rumours that Clerics will get yet another DPS boost in 1,7...

So yeah, I may have been trolling in my original post, but I do honestly think that clerics are overpowered as a class and need to be nerfed.

Omgad, it might not be a trollingzorz.

The Trinity:

Tanking: Worst of the 3.
    DPS: Worst of the 4.
    Healing: Competitive.

Devs buff Clerics ffs!!!!

Jingle trolls, jingle trolls, jingle all............

Doc
    Rift is the Rachael of Bladerunner, we can never know exactly how long it will live, but it will burn so bright whilst it does.

Quote Originally Posted by ceodoc View Post
    Tanking: Worst of the 3.
    Yeaaaah, that must be why cleric is the only class that can tank AND soloheal the whole group in t2s.

Yeaaaah, that must be why cleric is the only class that can tank AND soloheal the whole group in t2s.
    what
    10chars

Rift Disciple

No, I actually do play a mage, although my main role is archon support, I do tend to do some chloro healing every now and then.

That is most definitely not the case on our server. Clerics outnumber everyone and everything by a large margin. On an ordinary raid night we have maybe 3-4 wairriors, 2-3 mages, 3-5 rogues and the rest are usually clerics.

And yes, it does irk me to no end that clerics are the only class that has access to all 4 roles and excels at them all. There is only one way for a mage to outheal a cleric in fights with multiple AOE damage spikes, and that is through perfect timing, by casting Flourish the moment after AOE spike. Be a second too late, and clerics will spam DoL and top everyone's HP off.

I also believe that clerics are better than mages at tank healing because clerics cat put HoTs on the tank, which is a lot more useful in most cases than a mage spamming Void Life. Let's face it, no other class can mitigate tank damage like a Purifier can.

Let us also not forget that you can AOE cleanse (Archon's Cleansing Flames requires 20 points, which no mage in their right mind will do), and purge.

And let me remind you that while Radiant Spores does provide excellent passive heals, every second boss in HK, and their cat, and even their cats squeaky toy, will routinely dispel it.

Puus there are those rumours that Clerics will get yet another DPS boost in 1,7...

So yeah, I may have been trolling in my original post, but I do honestly think that clerics are overpowered as a class and need to be nerfed.
    Only one Cleric healing soul uses HoTs and its rarely used by most people.
    Only one soul has an AoE cleanse and you have to spend 20 points to get it also so I fail to see the problem
    Even with a DPS buff in 1.7 we will still be far behind Mages in DPS.
    The only thing that clerics truely excels at is AoE burst healing thats it.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Venditte View Post
    what
    10chars
    I said the same.

Also, is the OP complaining about Purifier being too good of a tank healing soul, when that's it entire focus as a soul? That's like complaining about Cabalist being too good of AoE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar
    Hey guys, there is a lot of speculation out there right now, I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.
    Daglar; Lead Calling Designer~10/17/12

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast