+ Reply to Thread

Thread: debating between sp heavy lessers and "bis" balanced sp/crit ratio

Default debating between sp heavy lessers and "bis" balanced sp/crit ratio

The title says it all. I'm having a bit of internal debate about whether I want to go heavy spellpower or go for the balanced sp/crit ratio. I'm going by Dulfy's list of lessers found here:

http://dulfycleric.wordpress.com/201...ences-updated/

I have 4/6 of the new ones. Dark Rituals, Last Rituals, Living Surge, and Living Quest.

My roles vary so heavily in raids that I have to keep my gear balanced. Lately though, I've been playing 51 Inquisitor more than anything else. I'm an -icar healer, a puri, an inquisitor/icar, or whatever we need that night.

In my 51 inq/ 5 cab/10 sent setup I'm sitting in at 1769 sp and 751 spell crit (~28.5%) with no buffs up. I'm not sure how valuable more crit will be for me in a raid setting (especially because I'm set up to play a lot of roles... I don't really have a "main" spec), and I'd like some input from the theory crafty bunch if possible. Thanks in advance.
    4/4 FT 5/5 EE 4/4 GA 3/3 IG
    All HMs Cleared, FT & EE Conq

You look to be in the area where SC is still very important. With raid buffs you can look at 450 more sp (including power stone) and 150 more SC. If it were only about DPS I would continue stacking SC up to the cap (~1k before raid buffs) at a ratio <2.

For your healing, your Purisent is going to want something closer to 2.5, but if you role Warden/Sent it tends to like dps numbers better.

At the end of the day, I'm not sure how much a target ratio of range of 1.8-2.4 is going to differ your gear selection. Also not sure how much time you have to work on the aspects you can change, such as the machine. If you think you'll be above the soft cap before it is done, it wouldn't hurt too much to just work on the SP based machine. If it will be a while after you finish it then it would be worth it.

The above guidance is given with the following values (values in per second, not per cast):
    0.64 SP Coeff for Inquisitor DPS Rotation at a Crit mod of 1.9
    PuriSent RF component 0.44 SP Coeff with crit mod of 1.7 and the shield portion at 0.2 and a 20% mod for Serendipity (RF Spam)
    WardSent with a SP Coeff of 0.62 for rotation of SS and HI/HB spam and a 1.7 crit mod.

I've had to do such a balancing act since my roles seem to change every week x.x . Between tank healing, raid healing, and being the Clinging Spirits bot, I'm trying to find some way to make the best of my gear for those roles.The only thing I'm not actively playing is Shaman, so I figured a spellpower machine would serve the roles I'm playing best.

I don't play Warden/Sent at all because I find it mostly useless in HK raids. We run Puri/sent, icar heals, and Chloro to fill those roles with the rare occasion of a 51 Warden on Grug, but someone else in our guild fills that role at the moment.

Maybe I'll put some heavier crit lessers into those last two slots just to balance it out a little. Hrm.

You can't go 'wrong' with a SP machine. Eventually, when you hit the SC cap you will be using this machine.

I use the 2.15 ratio in Bowler's BIS lists personally as I find this is a good balance.

I agree on the WardenSent, it was nice for a while but gets outshined by PuriSent

Champion

I'd recommend just going all SP machine as well, excluding muddy gem.
    Gilg - 50 Guardian Cleric on Briarcliff
    Maximation
    We're recruiting active, competent raiders who enjoy being competitive while having fun!

Rift Disciple

I've been going with:

Dark Rituals
    Living Quest
    Last Rituals
    Living Surge
    Pyro Flare
    Tectonic Shard

Should give about 204 SP & 130 SC. (Not sure if that's exact since I'm not in game, so rounding may change numbers by 1 or 2.)

If you don't want to wait for a Tectonic Shard drop, grab Mystic Surge which is 31SP/27SC compared to the 30/30 Shard. Not a significant difference really.

Thanks all

I take it th Tectonic Shard is a t2 Raid Rift drop? I haven't seen those included in any of the lists >.< We've only done 3 or 4 RRs as a guild and have only seen dex drops so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Chanalia View Post
    Thanks all

I take it th Tectonic Shard is a t2 Raid Rift drop? I haven't seen those included in any of the lists >.< We've only done 3 or 4 RRs as a guild and have only seen dex drops so far.
    Ya its from the new Earth RR. I saw it dropped once but passed it.

I prolly should update my list with the new drops from RR now.

You'd be my hero forever if you'd do that, Dulfy. The clerics in my guild refer to your site for a lot of goodies They'd love to see RR lessers added to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Chanalia View Post
    You'd be my hero forever if you'd do that, Dulfy. The clerics in my guild refer to your site for a lot of goodies They'd love to see RR lessers added to the list.
    Just updated it! I have 2 new essences from Fire and 1 new essence from Earth (according to Xanadu and from the drops I have seen).

The new essences are marked by Type* (i.e. Fire*) to distinguish them from vendor brought ones.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by p3t3r1 View Post
    Just updated it! I have 2 new essences from Fire and 1 new essence from Earth (according to Xanadu and from the drops I have seen).

The new essences are marked by Type* (i.e. Fire*) to distinguish them from vendor brought ones.
    Still missing a few. My current list of Lessers from the new Raid rifts that are useful for clerics also has the following:

Rigid Jewel - Cleric Tanking Essence
    Blazing Gem - Dex/Parry Fire Tanking Essence
    Radiant Shard - Int Essence
    Glowing Essence - Int Essence

There has to be more Earth essences out there still, I haven't found nearly as many as should exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramhtaed View Post
    Still missing a few. My current list of Lessers from the new Raid rifts that are useful for clerics also has the following:

Rigid Jewel - Cleric Tanking Essence
    Blazing Gem - Dex/Parry Fire Tanking Essence
    Radiant Shard - Int Essence
    Glowing Essence - Int Essence

There has to be more Earth essences out there still, I haven't found nearly as many as should exist.
    Ah cool, thanks for those. I will update it soon

Quote Originally Posted by p3t3r1 View Post
    Ah cool, thanks for those. I will update it soon
    Updated! Let me know if I missed anything else!

+ Reply to Thread