+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Arhen

Thread: Has anyone with good gear tried this as Cleric DPS

Default Has anyone with good gear tried this as Cleric DPS

I checked the Cleric DPS posts on the first page, but didn't see this build anywhere, and it seems like a no-brainer spec to me: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00do_.EEoVgx0qz.VxVq (I already see one change I want to make so the build will end up http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...oVgx0qz.VxVq.V but I haven't parsed that yet)

My cleric isn't my main, and these are my stats self buffed:
    Spellpower 1111
    Spell Crit (%) 26.95
    Focus: 244

I can pull down about 1k dps with the spec single target, and 1800 to 4800 aoe depending on the number of dudes. I expect that the bonus to the other spells in the rotation will make up for the loss of 10% to vex and sanction.

The spec has a single target, and an AOE rotation that are both clean, the former can be almost completely macro'd if need be, and the latter is easy enough without macros:
    Single: Dark Water -> Curse of Discord -> Obliterate -> Sanction Heretic -> Vex -> Bolt of Judgment x4 (3 if you proc an instant Bolt of Depravity). Repeat. From 60% mana on cast Aggressive renewal in place of 2x Bolt of Judgement. The order of the casts does matter, I've tried working 2x oblits in to the main rotation and it ends up messing with things.

The AOE rotation is: Soul Drain -> Tyranny -> Full Channel on Circle of Oblivion|repeat

Without negation of life, there is really no true reason to use any decay skills.
    Without symbol of the ancient, there would be little to no skills that will be plausibly be usable.

Opps, mis clicked on the builds:

5 points in affinity for death, not explosive energies.

I read your words, but even "vanilla" the dots from Cab do more than BoJ making them a better invested global than BoJ, and the decay abilities hit harder than it as well.

Soulwalker

I tried pretty much every variant of combo inq/cab spec with 2k sp, and 800 crit, and they all underperformed the 51s of each, so 51 cab blew them outa the water aoe, and the singe target damage of inq demolishes the single target. As much as I hate spamming bolt of judgement whiile waiting for bod procs and sh, you need the bonus for vex and sh from 51 inq

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by LatsyrcMoy View Post
    Opps, mis clicked on the builds:

5 points in affinity for death, not explosive energies.

I read your words, but even "vanilla" the dots from Cab do more than BoJ making them a better invested global than BoJ, and the decay abilities hit harder than it as well.
    You're missing the synergy from Life and Death Concord. You can't compare BoJ to Cab dots apples to apples for that reason alone. Also, the extra points invested into Inquisitor to buff SH/Vex have proven to be a dps gain over anything above 5 points in Cabalist.

Inq-Cab hybrids actually parse higher AoE than 51 cabs on 3 dummy targets. Not sure how they compare on 7+ targets or in dynamic encounters, but they are not too bad at all. For AoE inq-cabs, i'd cap inquisitor at 32 points, there's nothing else you can get from the tree after armor of awakening that boosts your aoe damage.

I have experimented with a 32inq/24cab/10sent build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...x0qz.VLVVx.V0x using the same rotation you listed. The 5/5 affinity allows you to tyranny spam on the move as well. Single target is garbage in this spec.

In any case 51 Inq's AoE soul drain + circle of oblivion is usually good enough for most of your aoe needs, and 51 cabalist is preferred in both pvp and pve for aoe due to better mobility. Check out http://dulfycleric.wordpress.com/201...sitor4-warden/ for info on 51 cab. 51 cab/10sent/5warden should parse slightly higher but I'm not sure how much theorycrafting/field work has been done comparing the two specs.

I thank you both for the critiques, but they still don't answer the question of "have you tried the build". I understand the theory crafting and all. It's nice to have really, but neither of you is even considering Mein of aggression in the equation it seems(which is the whole point of going 21 Cab). This is first and foremost a single target build that just happens to have decent to good AOE. I've got a 51 Inq build, and a 51 cab build. Both of them parse LOWER than this spec for me by at least 100 dps. Which is why I was asking if anyone in good gear had tried it. I want to know if it scales well, or it just a good low gear spec (like druid used to be).

It's not gonna do better then the 51 build i can tell you that much.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by LatsyrcMoy View Post
    I thank you both for the critiques, but they still don't answer the question of "have you tried the build". I understand the theory crafting and all. It's nice to have really, but neither of you is even considering Mein of aggression in the equation it seems(which is the whole point of going 21 Cab). This is first and foremost a single target build that just happens to have decent to good AOE. I've got a 51 Inq build, and a 51 cab build. Both of them parse LOWER than this spec for me by at least 100 dps. Which is why I was asking if anyone in good gear had tried it. I want to know if it scales well, or it just a good low gear spec (like druid used to be).
    You do know that you get MoA from your Inq tree having 21+ right? You don't need to also go that deep in Cab to get it.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by bri bates View Post
    You do know that you get MoA from your Inq tree having 21+ right? You don't need to also go that deep in Cab to get it.
    But going 21 into cab gets you DOUBLE MOA!

+ Reply to Thread