+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 5-Cleric Expert Dungeons!

Default 5-Cleric Expert Dungeons!

We ran Darkening Deeps T2 last night with five Clerics. Our dps was both ranged (Inquisitor) and melee (Shamen). We were both amused at having an all-Cleric party and impressed at how well the run went. Anyone else have tales of all-Cleric runs?

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Zaphod View Post
    We ran Darkening Deeps T2 last night with five Clerics. Our dps was both ranged (Inquisitor) and melee (Shamen). We were both amused at having an all-Cleric party and impressed at how well the run went. Anyone else have tales of all-Cleric runs?
    Ive done 5 man cleric DD and DSM way back in 1.5. The DPS check on the crystals was close, it took us 2 tries to get past it.
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

That's been done since before expert nerfs dude.

Ever do a 5man cleric run with no dedicated healer? Only running offheals?

its doable, and fun :P

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

Quote Originally Posted by batou079 View Post

I've barded for 4 clerics with me and an inqar as the only healers.
    Scarn was no as hard as I thought it would have been.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by batou079 View Post

icar's as the healer is really common for most of the t2 5 man dungeons. I do it as a matter of course to make things interesting and only switch to real heals if the tank is either really undergeared or can't hold aggro.

speed runs with 3 icars, 1 tank and any random dps is great fun and perfect for achievements.

Champion of Telara

I would also like to add that although I did do it. I would NEVER want to do it again. Every fight took for ever and a day. A DD run which should take you an hour or less took us over 3 or maybe that was DSM? All I rememer is it was getting late and I just wanted to finish this because my butt was getting sore.
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ivengar View Post
    I would also like to add that although I did do it. I would NEVER want to do it again. Every fight took for ever and a day. A DD run which should take you an hour or less took us over 3 or maybe that was DSM? All I rememer is it was getting late and I just wanted to finish this because my butt was getting sore.
    A raid geared team of 5 clerics would absolutely tear through DD, particularly with some of them using Mein of Aggression, you would Rapid Assault this every time this way. (but then any raid group team of 5 would rapid assault and would be faster)

A correctly for the level geared group of 5 clerics would likely have a harder time as the 4 non-tank clerics would all need to be in Icar to sustain the healing requirements for some of the pulls

Went into MDD when it launched with all clerics and ran through it without a hitch.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by aLittleBird View Post
    A raid geared team of 5 clerics would absolutely tear through DD, particularly with some of them using Mein of Aggression, you would Rapid Assault this every time this way. (but then any raid group team of 5 would rapid assault and would be faster)

A correctly for the level geared group of 5 clerics would likely have a harder time as the 4 non-tank clerics would all need to be in Icar to sustain the healing requirements for some of the pulls
    As I said this was pre 1.6 and we were not T2 geared.

In my current gear I could solo a non expert version of most dugeons but thats not what we are talking about in this thread.

+ Reply to Thread