+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Wish for the Sentinel Soul

Default My Wish for the Sentinel Soul

So far this the tree I think I have changed the least. Sentinel can be such a power burst healer and very quick to be able to heal AoE at the cost of depleted mana pool. While taking a look at the tree, I tried to mitigate some of the burst with a few abilities that can generate sustainable heals while reducing the cost of some AoE.

--- Tree --

Tier 1

Benediction - remains unchanged

Watchful Gaze - remains unchanged

Word of Hope - Passive. Increases the Spell Power bonus your Healing Breath uses by 2%, plus an additional .4% per point spent in the Sentinel soul. Increases the Spell Power bonus your Healing Invocation uses by 5%, plus .9% per point spent in the Sentinel soul.

Tier 2

Walk in the Light - remains unchanged

Light Concentration - Reduce the mana cost of your single target healing spells by 2/4/6/8/10%. Reduce the mana cost of your area of effect healing spells by 3/6/9/12/15%

Shard of Light - 26 Mana Instant Channeled - Strikes the enemy repeatedly with multiple shards of cutting light, dealing 21 Life damage each second for 4 seconds.

Tier 3

Righteous Burden - Your Light Bolt and Shards of Light snares the enemy, reducing thier movement speed by 15/30%

Embolden - remains unchanged

Light Efficiency - remains unchanged

Luminous Gaze - Your Sentinel damage-based abilities surround the enemy with a brilliant light, increasing the chance they they will be Critically Hit by 5% for 15 seconds.

Tier 4

Healing Invocation - remains unchanged

Serendipity - remains unchanged

Protect the Flock - remains unchange

Tier 5

Lasting Invocation - remains unchanged

Empowering Light - remains unchanged

Tier 6

Vested Interest - Reduces the cast time of your Shared Recovery by 0.5 seconds.

Shared Recovery - remains unchanged.

Enraptured Breath - Your Healing Breath heals 2 other party or raid members with 20 meters at 30/60/90% effectiveness.

Tier 7

Healer's Haste - remains unchanged

--- Root ---

0 - Healing Breath - remains unchanged

0 - Light Bolt - remains unchanged

2 - Life's Vengeance - remains unchanged

4 - Heroic Blessing - remains unchanged

6 - Healing Grace - remains unchanged

8 - Banish - remains unchanged

10 - Breath of Life - remains unchanged

12 - Healing Communion - remains unchanged

14 - Touch of Light - remains unchanged

16 - Cleansing Prayer - remains unchanged

18 - Quietus - remains unchanged

20 - Healer's Covenant - remains unchanged

20 - Noble Blessing - remains unchanged

26 - Divine Call - Spontanously heals up to 5 party or raid members within 35 meters for 214 to 219 health.

32 - Life's Return - Cooldown reduced to 5 minutes

36 - Concencrate - 6% Mana 2 Seconds 2 Minutes Infuses the blessing of Life, bestowing the ground within 20 meters of the target, healing up to 10 allies for 650 health over 12 seconds.

38 - Marked by the Light - 200 Mana Instant 35 Meters Infuses the ally with holy light. The next 5 times that ally recieves a single target heal, up to 4 nearby party or raid members will be healed for 160 to 164 health. Does not trigger a global cooldown. Lasts 5 minutes. Can only be maintained on a single ally.

44 - Vigilance - remains unchanged

51 - Healing Benediction - remains unchanged
    Last edited by metalith; 12-14-2011 at 04:27 PM.
    -------------------
    Dude, you took my Parakeet and threw it at my piggy bank and yelled "ANGRY BIRDS!"
    -------------------

Vigilance has major scaling issues, akin to that of repreive and needs a much longer staying time for it to be of use in anything other than farmed content.

Lasting Invovation doesn't deserve a 5 point investment IMO.

I kinda like the idea of concentrate but I never really liked senti having any type of hot (same way I don't care for wardens having a direct aoe heal).

I prefer senti to be a channeled and direct healer. But that's just me.

But the biggest flaw with senti that you sorta didn't address full is either an mp regen ala warden, or cost reduction like pyro.

I know you added the 15% aoe healing, but since senti offers very little residual effects (ptf could be but it, initself doesn't make a senti cast less) they are always casting, where as puri and wardens both have buffers to slow their casting (hots and shield) as well as skills specifically designed to reduce mp cost (wardens have sills that makes their next hot free and I believe puri has one at the tippy top as well)

Just my opinion on that.

- Vigilance has major scaling issues, akin to that of repreive and needs a much longer staying time for it to be of use in anything other than farmed content.

I was not aware of any issues with Vigilance scaling otherwise or I would have attempted to resolve any issues with that in my build.

Addressing that Word of Hope Increase the Spell Power bonus of Vigilance by 5% and 5% for each point above 44 in the Sentinel soul

Vigilance last 4 Minutes.

- I know you added the 15% aoe healing, but since senti offers very little residual effects (ptf could be but it, initself doesn't make a senti cast less) they are always casting, where as puri and wardens both have buffers to slow their casting (hots and shield) as well as skills specifically designed to reduce mp cost (wardens have sills that makes their next hot free and I believe puri has one at the tippy top as well)

The reduced mana cost was meant to help reduce the of AoE heals, though what I did was try to give additional benefits for single target heals. Making Healing Breath heal for more by moving it up the tree as well as making Marked by Light work better for AoE healing
    -------------------
    Dude, you took my Parakeet and threw it at my piggy bank and yelled "ANGRY BIRDS!"
    -------------------

+ Reply to Thread