+ Reply to Thread

Thread: macro for cleric tanking

Soulwalker

Default macro for cleric tanking

looking for a lil help. i am Justicar 51 Inquisitor 8 shaman 7 can anyone help with a macro plz

Shield of Telara

I only use a couple...

firstly

#show bolt of radiance
    cast bolt of radiance
    cast sovereignty

After 1.6.1 you probably don't need this macro anymore but I press it once to pull and then use dol (doctrine of loyalty to aoe taunt), when you lose aggro on a single mob and your provoke is down then press this twice to regain aggro.

my main single target macro is

#show precept of refuge
    cast precept of refuge
    cast fated blow
    cast strike of judgement

my main aoe macro is

#show even justice
    cast precept of refuge
    cast fated blow
    cast even justice

You don't really need macro's that much as a cleric tank, just make sure you dol early and often to maintain aoe aggro.

The final one I have for emergencies is:

#show reprieve
    cast @mouseoverui righteous mandate
    cast reprieve

basically use this to heal someone important that you think is going to die, 5 minute cooldown so use wisely...

It does get pretty tiring spamming the same macro over and over but that is cleric tanking for you...

Also I only tank t2's and Akylios phase 1+2 so you would probably be better served nagging radak or quietmode.
    Last edited by Afyael; 12-13-2011 at 07:58 PM.

I macro a lot of my single target rotation. I take Sov out if i need the stun for something. You can take DoA if you want/need to time it (Sicaron breathe) but im lazy =p

#show Precept of Refuge
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Precept of Refuge
    cast Doctrine of Authority
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Strike of Judgment
    cast Fated Blow
    Cast Soveriengty
    cast Bolt of Judgment
    cast Vex

I dont macro Precept to Even Justice for the off chance im Cleaving to grab an add and it just so happens to be the time precept is up. I just hit my ST once to weave precept into my EJ spam.

I have Resplendent Embrace and Repreive on the same macro. Hit once for RE and if i need more help I hit it again for a buffed repreive. I have repreive on a second button if i need it for my RM.
    Last edited by Quietmode; 12-14-2011 at 08:30 AM.

Cleric Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Afyael View Post
    I only use a couple...

firstly

#show bolt of radiance
    cast bolt of radiance
    cast sovereignty

After 1.6.1 you probably don't need this macro anymore but I press it once to pull and then use dol (doctrine of loyalty to aoe taunt), when you lose aggro on a single mob and your provoke is down then press this twice to regain aggro.

my main single target macro is

#show precept of refuge
    cast precept of refuge
    cast fated blow
    cast strike of judgement

my main aoe macro is

#show even justice
    cast precept of refuge
    cast fated blow
    cast even justice

You don't really need macro's that much as a cleric tank, just make sure you dol early and often to maintain aoe aggro.

The final one I have for emergencies is:

#show reprieve
    cast @mouseoverui righteous mandate
    cast reprieve

basically use this to heal someone important that you think is going to die, 5 minute cooldown so use wisely...

It does get pretty tiring spamming the same macro over and over but that is cleric tanking for you...

Also I only tank t2's and Akylios phase 1+2 so you would probably be better served nagging radak or quietmode.
    Off GCD abilities should come after your spam ability.

IE this:
    #show precept of refuge
    cast precept of refuge
    cast fated blow
    cast strike of judgement

Should be:
    #show precept of refuge
    cast precept of refuge
    cast strike of judgement
    cast fated blow

Also if you have a spammable ranged spell it should come after off GCD melee abilities.
    Hedonism (Deepwood)

Quote Originally Posted by Quietmode View Post
    #show Precept of Refuge
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Precept of Refuge
    cast Doctrine of Authority
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Strike of Judgment
    cast Fated Blow
    Cast Soveriengty
    cast Bolt of Judgment
    cast Vex
    I do this except I put my ranged spells after Strike of Judgment. I find that I generate enough aggro without using them and it's nice to have them on the same macro when pulling/chasing a mob down.

I also have a dedicated "ranged convictions" macro:
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    Cast Soveriengty
    cast Bolt of Judgment

Although lately I've been running 6cab or 5sent (an Estrode spec I want to test while we're mastering the fight), so the ranged macro changes a bit.

Disclaimer: My guild's not upto Akylios so I don't know if this would work on that particular fight, I have solo tanked Zilas and have main tanked Sicaron, and unsuccessfully tanked grug (the tank on the kill was another cleric who trades third tank slot with me).
    Last edited by bombasy; 12-14-2011 at 08:44 AM.
    Hedonism (Deepwood)

Quote Originally Posted by bombasy View Post
    I find that I generate enough aggro without using them
    Theres no such thing as enough aggro when your dps does 4k on murdantix
    Last edited by Quietmode; 12-14-2011 at 08:51 AM.

Cleric Tank

Theres no such thing as enough aggro when your dps does 4k on murdantix
    DoL + DoA isn't enough? dayum.

I also wonder about the threat/GCD of the abilities, specially considering justicar abilities got a threat boost, I'd think that SH would be a net threat loss over time, even with the sanction ticks.

But then again, considering how Zinbik tested overheal aggro we should run tests of our own to see how much threat the Justicar abilities generate per damage over other souls.

To the test dummies!
    Last edited by bombasy; 12-14-2011 at 09:01 AM.
    Hedonism (Deepwood)

DoL + DoA isn't enough? dayum.

I also wonder about the threat/GCD of the abilities, specially considering justicar abilities got a threat boost, I'd think that SH would be a net threat loss over time, even with the sanction ticks.

But then again, considering how Zinbik tested overheal aggro we should run tests of our own to see how much threat the Justicar abilities generate per damage over other souls.

To the test dummies!
    Thats true that Justicar abilities generate additional threat now, but SH generates 2 convictions which is always nice, im usually conviction starved anyways DoL'ing, DoA'ing and keeping precept up

Cleric Tank

Thats true that Justicar abilities generate additional threat now, but SH generates 2 convictions which is always nice, im usually conviction starved anyways DoL'ing, DoA'ing and keeping precept up

Yeah, I keep SH on the top of it's own macro for this, so that I don't find myself with it on cooldown when I have to pop it for 2-3x convictions. Also that way I don't have to pay attention to where in the rotation the macro is and accidentally eat it with another ability.

While we're on the subject, I sometimes "feel" I am low on threat (not many crits, screwed up my rotation, etc) and throw a provoke with the theory that if someone is above my aggro I will hop over them and be able to build threat before they hit the aggro threat level. What are your thoughts on this?
    Last edited by bombasy; 12-14-2011 at 10:15 AM.
    Hedonism (Deepwood)

Soulwalker

Yeah, I keep SH on the top of it's own macro for this, so that I don't find myself with it on cooldown when I have to pop it for 2-3x convictions. Also that way I don't have to pay attention to where in the rotation the macro is and accidentally eat it with another ability.

While we're on the subject, I sometimes "feel" I am low on threat (not many crits, screwed up my rotation, etc) and throw a provoke with the theory that if someone is above my aggro I will hop over them and be able to build threat before they hit the aggro threat level. What are your thoughts on this?
    The amount of threat you lose on that gcd and now have provoke on cooldown is not good imo. Using that gcd on a threat generating ability is a much better use of that gcd.

Quote Originally Posted by Cachic View Post
    The amount of threat you lose on that gcd and now have provoke on cooldown is not good imo. Using that gcd on a threat generating ability is a much better use of that gcd.
    What GCD?

/10chars
    Hedonism (Deepwood)

What GCD?

/10chars
    my thoughts exactly. Its off GCD, and doesnt ruin anything.

I had to tank jornaru in p1 this way when we first started. I kept taunt on CD on him so i wouldnt lose aggro otherwise i never had a chance. If someone does magically pull aggro between the time the debuff wears out and the CD resets (5seconds) you could always RI or Rebuke.
    Last edited by Quietmode; 12-14-2011 at 02:31 PM.

Cleric Tank

Sword of Telara

my thoughts exactly. Its off GCD, and doesnt ruin anything.

I had to tank jornaru in p1 this way when we first started. I kept taunt on CD on him so i wouldnt lose aggro otherwise i never had a chance. If someone does magically pull aggro between the time the debuff wears out and the CD resets (5seconds) you could always RI or Rebuke.
    Are you saying this right? Rebuke has a minimum range to it.
    <Destiny Raiders>@Icewatch
    4/4 5/5

Quote Originally Posted by Jinjah View Post
    Are you saying this right? Rebuke has a minimum range to it.
    Yes, he's saying it right, if the mob is too far for RI it won't be for Rebuke (and will be further than the min range).
    Hedonism (Deepwood)

+ Reply to Thread