+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Still QQing for more dps

Plane Touched

Default Still QQing for more dps

A step in the right direction? Yes. What we were hoping for? Not even close. Stay vocal and stay supportive! We need more !
    <Addiction>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Harmarofwhitecastle View Post
    A step in the right direction? Yes. What we were hoping for? Not even close. Stay vocal and stay supportive! We need more !
    No thanks

/10

Ascendant

We mainly just need shaman and druid to be re-worked and cleric tank mitigation to be improved or warrior mitigation to be nerfed, preferably buff cleric + rogue mitigation but either attains the same result.

Telaran

On the dps side of things, I do not agree with the OP that "we need more". Our class is at present quite balanced in terms of dps output. It would be unfair for the other classes if we get buffed more and end up taking the top 3 dps slot in, say, 20 men HK. We have been asking for competitive dps, not the best possible dps.

However, having said that, there are things which need to be addressed:

Inquisitor

This soul really needs some burst damage abilities. 1 Fanaticism crit every 45 sec should not be the only avenue for burst damage. All other classes and all other cleric dps souls have burst dmg cds, why not inquisitor. There is no logical reason to withheld some burst dmg CD for Inquisitor soul.

Furthermore, NR end talent has to be redone. It is a proven dps loss and the stun does not work in raids. In short, it is a completely useless ability to have. If a player dedicated 51 points to fill up a tree, he is entitled to a decent ability at the end of that tree. Again, this should be pretty uncontroversial.

Druid

This soul has some serious dps issues and really needs some work to address it. It can either be reworked to make it a 2nd tanking soul, or a support soul, or a viable dps soul. Frankly, it is for Trion to decide how to make Druid soul useful. But as things stand now, Druid is a fail soul.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Chetar View Post
    Druid

This soul has some serious dps issues and really needs some work to address it. It can either be reworked to make it a 2nd tanking soul, or a support soul, or a viable dps soul. Frankly, it is for Trion to decide how to make Druid soul useful. But as things stand now, Druid is a fail soul.
    Wait...what druids are you talking about? I've never seen a druid in this game >.>

Ascendant

lol yeah qq untill you oneshot everything ... oh wait ... you already do that...
    3500 DPS not enough in a raid? Come to the roque side where you enjoy 2200 max and that with ONE soulcombo...
    Last edited by Antigonos; 12-10-2011 at 12:26 AM.

Plane Touched

The only thing we should stay vocal about is that they actually invest the time/effort to fix our intrisc scaling. Eventually, we'll dip back down to where we were regardless of MoA as new content is released.

Trion should up our sp coefficients on our abilities to make us intrisically competitive without the need for the bandaid.

And I agree re tanking and druid "dps"

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    lol yeah qq untill you oneshot everything ... oh wait ... you already do that...
    3500 DPS not enough in a raid? Come to the roque side where you enjoy 2200 max and that with ONE soulcombo...
    No.

Your have 3500DPS right. But it's very clear that you are grossly misrepresenting Rogues.

http://riftlogs.com/riftlogs/rankings/z/16/m/damage/c/2

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    No cleric can do 3.5k single target in fights without damage bonuses involved in the events. You should be doing more than 2.2k as a rogue also.

Plane Touched

So for the most part you're all happy with being last ST dps in every fight? Ok...
    <Addiction>

Quote Originally Posted by Harmarofwhitecastle View Post
    So for the most part you're all happy with being last ST dps in every fight? Ok...
    Nope that's not it at all. We asked for competitive dps and they gave us a means to achieve it. What MOST of us want is for them to fix the fundamental issues of our class which this patch did in NO WAY address or fix.

Whining for even more dps is futile and counter productive. You sound just like all the other whiny complaining people in every other class forum. That makes you part of the problem, not the solution.

It's primarily:
    !) our scaling
    2) Shaman and Druid and the way their trees are designed.

I fully support any changes that fix these things. I do not and will not support or agree with another boost to our band-aid, it's bad enough they did this, continuously buffing our new shiny one buff every time we need more dps is not going to fix anything.
    Last edited by Assassins; 12-10-2011 at 02:01 AM.
    Name: Redbox
    Guild: DOA

Well this fixes stuff for most but druid.... for now. I am not even going to address the needlessness of putting a heal debuff on MoA or why in the world the Miens on my cleric have cool downs when I can stance dance for OT purposes on my Rogue at will. The issue is that come the next tier the issue will raise it's head again because of the limited scaling of cleric dps when compared to the other callings.
    Last edited by Galibier; 12-10-2011 at 02:14 AM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Assassins View Post
    Nope that's not it at all. We asked for competitive dps and they gave us a means to achieve it. What MOST of us want is for them to fix the fundamental issues of our class which this patch did in NO WAY address or fix.

Whining for even more dps is futile and counter productive. You sound just like all the other whiny complaining people in every other class forum. That makes you part of the problem, not the solution.

It's primarily:
    !) our scaling
    2) Shaman and Druid and the way their trees are designed.

I fully support any changes that fix these things. I do not and will not support or agree with another boost to our band-aid, it's bad enough they did this, continuously buffing our new shiny one buff every time we need more dps is not going to fix anything.
    Our 'competitive' spec is atleast 10% below that of 3rd place and we do only have one viable spec. I don't feel that this is futile and counterproductive at all. How did we get MoA? It being the last thing most people wanted in regards to fixing our dps it proves that the amount who were vocal with their wahs and wahs far outweigh the importance of the theorycrafters, number crunchers, and people who attempt to think about this game more deeply than your average joe. I'M LOUDER THAN YOU AND THAT'S HOW I GOT WHAT I WANTED, BUT MY SCREAMS ARE JUSTIFIED. SO HA AND HA
    <Addiction>

Rift Disciple

For me Inquis and Cab DPS is fine as is. I'd be happy with just some work on Shaman/Druid so we have some sort viable alternatives.
    Boony...Legend...Top Bloke...

50 Cleric - Ethereal - Dayblind - 10/11 HK

http://etherealdayblind.guildlaunch.com/

Plane Touched

MoA was a step in the right direction but I definitely feel like I will never reach the dps of my fellow dpsers in raid.

On Sicaron, with all T1 and T2 belt, I can get 2.5k dps on sicaron. Whilst I see rogues/warriors already at 2.6k-2.9k without T2 weps. I can only imagine how far behind i'll be when we start seeing 58dps 2Hers drop.

My cab spec gets roflstomped by my guilds stormcaller, I think cab needs to hit more than 7 enemies like SC does, and we need more sustained dps. Sign of Asias is great, it means I can compete with our SC for about 10s, but his sustained 9k aoe dps is just unattainable for me. Cab would be perfect if tyranny his 10 enemies, Bound Fate hit 7 enemies, Shadow touch hit 5, and you could drop a non-channeled ground aoe. I think cab would compete well with SC then and not hurt pvp too bad. Cab doesn't need a ST boost imo, it just needs better synergy with inq (i.e. GET RID OF THESE GARBAGE 36 PT PASSIVES!!!!)

Inq is closest, and has a decent rotation. Wouldn't mind if they fixed these crappy 36 pt passives so it could have some synergy with cab though. A 46/X/X build looks enticing if SP bonuses were better.

Shaman just needs minor fixes imo and it could get close to inq. Stormborn affecting water damage and Frozen wrath with no CD would go a long way to fixing shaman. Making hammers with same wep dps as the warrior counterparts would go a long way in fixing massive blow too I suspect.

Druid... i've never touched the soul i dunno.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast