+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Make Druid a Support Soul

Plane Touched

Default Make Druid a Support Soul

As it stands now, Druid is a melee DPS spec with clunky, useless points all invested to get to 51 points to buff the Satyr. Ultimately, I think most Clerics want Shaman to be the melee DPS spec of the Cleric calling...if time is going to be invested in 'fixing' Cleric melee DPS, it would be better served on Shaman not Druid. And due to the nature of Cleric 36 point talents, a Druid/Shm hybrid is not viable. Thus, Druid is just left out.

Let Druid be a support soul that offers new and unique buffs. Keep it in line with the idea of Clerics promoting their allies' survavibility.

Some ideas:
    First, don't increase the Druid's damage (maybe even reduce it to be more in line with Archon and Bard)

Allow BOTH the faerie and satyr to be active at the same time
    Significantly increase the faerie's healing

Allow a raid mana regen ability (raid members receive mana whenever the faerie heals, or receive mana when the Druid crits)

Add a 'righteous mandate' like ability that would be placed on the MT...it causes x% of the druid's dmg to form a shield on the tank and/or the damage from the satyr's thorn generates threat for the targetted tank (and thorns' threat generation increased)
    Druid will take 10% of the ST damage the tank would take

Debuff the target to receive 5% more crit or x% more damage from players' crits

Change eruption to be a static discharge like effect - adds 9 damage to the next 5 attacks of raid/party members over 15 sec (15sec CD)

Nature's Renewel (or something druid-y like that) - causes the next 5 abilities of raid/party members to replenish 150mana, 10 energy.

Obviously, all of these combined would be a bit much. But the idea is to make Druid more in-line with the DPS of an Archon (it's not far from that as is...) and give it 2 short-duration raid buffs and a debuff that it wants to maintain as well as a tank-assisting ability.

Right on!

As my guardian druid was nearing level 50 due to instant adventures I decided to venture into playing as a defiant. I gave my character the name Maelowmystery (How stupid am I? Very!) and gave my little faerie the name Maelowmedic. I found that at the start of the game my little faerie, when backed up with warden heals could take enemies on her own but as I quickly progressed in the game I found that she was becoming increasingly bad at her job. Shield of oak and trickster spirit alsop became increasingly bad and I was soon reliant on my warden moves along with bombard and shaman attacks.

Now I have fully realised what has happened from my unpleasent experience and in conclusion the druid is a good class to start with and becomes weaker as the game goes on unlike other classes which becomes progressively stronger.

By the time I'd got my greater faerie at level 26 which was where I was going to stop at and start moving towards getting the shaman charge ability, she barely did any healing to me and my party members or did much damage.

SOLUTION: Give the faeries stronger healing and attack power and tone the level that you get the greater faerie down to level 16 like all of the other summoning classes except for beastmaster in this game which will allow you to get a good pet before it gets crippled by the higher levels. Also power up most of the druids moves.
    Last edited by The Relic; 12-10-2011 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyasha View Post
    Let Druid be a support soul that offers new and unique buffs. Keep it in line with the idea of Clerics promoting their allies' survavibility.

Allow BOTH the faerie and satyr to be active at the same time
    Significantly increase the faerie's healing

Allow a raid mana regen ability (raid members receive mana whenever the faerie heals, or receive mana when the Druid crits)

Add a 'righteous mandate' like ability that would be placed on the MT...it causes x% of the druid's dmg to form a shield on the tank and/or the damage from the satyr's thorn generates threat for the targetted tank (and thorns' threat generation increased)
    Druid will take 10% of the ST damage the tank would take

Debuff the target to receive 5% more crit or x% more damage from players' crits

Change eruption to be a static discharge like effect - adds 9 damage to the next 5 attacks of raid/party members over 15 sec (15sec CD)

Nature's Renewel (or something druid-y like that) - causes the next 5 abilities of raid/party members to replenish 150mana, 10 energy.
    Oooh took the words right out of me mouth! Teaches for not completely reading the text! The other ieas are brilliant too!

These ideas are the ones definetly!

Plane Touched

I feel like making druid a support soul is a bad idea. Just cause there shouldn't be a class that can do all four roles.

Stronger pets for competitive dps though? I'm all for that, but I wouldn't hold my breath. All pet classes are poorly scaling, not just druid.
    Last edited by ClericRet; 12-10-2011 at 04:36 AM.

Well you can actually class as support if you have a mix of buffs, healing and dps but really people may want to be a support cleric without hassle.

I'm all for strengthening the pets and allowing to have the two pets for balance of dps and healing by the way. I always get stuck between having the satyr or the greater faerie!

1. Cleric DPS is still behind

2. Chloro's are just as viable in the raid setting, HK is no exception

3. We're rather behind in HP and tanking stats in general

4. We have no support spec at all, support isn't classified as healing and DPS both, but raid buffs etc. Everything in Shaman gets overwritten by stronger Archon or Bard buffs.

Personally, I think it would be a great idea.

Clerics are basically the jack of all trades. Master of none. Dependent upon how you look at our healing. considering we have 3 healing souls. All of them aren't viable without 32 Sent, in my opinion.
    2014. Where will you be?

Soulwalker

I personally feel the Druid soul should be reworked into a tanking soul. Cleric tanking falls so far behind warriors in part because they have 4 souls to spend points in tanking, and we have 1. A second soul would allow us to spend all 66 pts in tanking, making cleric tanks much, much more viable.

1. Druid DPS already sucks bad enough to not really be considered a offensive soul.
    2. It has a HP boost in first tier.
    3. Change Faith in Action to a defence boosting passive,
    4. Have the pets absorb a portion of the damage taken by the cleric.
    5. Add aggro generation to some of the attacks

Viola, gap closed.

Do not make druid into a support soul. The cleric should not have one.

I for one think the druid soul is pointed in the right direction. I like the way it plays. Each of its abilities and level of damage just needs to be tweaked so that it is a real pet damage class. Sure there are some rough edges but it isn't nothing that cant be fixed.

I kinda guess that is why I chose the cleric to start with - I like the flavor of its DPS souls and tank soul, just make them equal to all the other classes' equivalent souls, as the game advertisements promised, and I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericRet View Post
    I feel like making druid a support soul is a bad idea. Just cause there shouldn't be a class that can do all four roles.

Stronger pets for competitive dps though? I'm all for that, but I wouldn't hold my breath. All pet classes are poorly scaling, not just druid.
    Right now, we can't really even do three. But the role counters would be all over this as some affront to their very existence if clerics were able to be a legit support class as opposed to a cobbled together one.
    I have three rules which I live by: Never get less than 12 hours sleep, never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city, and never go near a lady with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. You stick with that, everything else is cream cheese.

Plane Touched

Druids are melee Clerics who forge bonds with Fae creatures, strengthening their bodies, minds, and spirits by drawing upon the magical energies of their companions.

Strengths

Where fragile Mages force their minions to fight in their stead, the mighty Druid draws upon their bonded Fae to personally take the fight to their foes. Druids themselves are formidable combatants, using their pets more as conduits and sources of power than as direct attackers.

Weaknesses

A Druidís bond with their Fae Spirit is both the key to their power and their greatest weakness. Enemies who destroy a Druidís companion greatly reduce the Druidís prowess and endurance.
    Key phrase: 'enemies who destroy a Druid's companion'

It doesn't take enemies to show my Druid's weakness. All I have to do is group up with a Bard and an Archon and poof! All class mechanics overwritten! Now all I can offer is dismal DPS. Where all else fails, Druid is left with nothing but a few goods as a low level soloing spec. At higher levels, it synergizes with nothing.

I miss those Everquest days when Druids/Shamans etc. were types of support healers. They offered interesting buffs that really made players in your group notice a difference. Now we are the laughing stock of the Planes of Telara. Sad, sad days for Druids and Shaman.

Plane Touched

I will now create a Druid / Justicar sword and board spec!

So don't ask me to tank, heal or dps!

Rift Disciple

Clerics do not currently have a support soul in the sense that mages and rogues have one, and personally I don't think we need one. Then we would /actually/ fit into every possible role, whereas now we don't have the buff/debuff archetype.

That said, druid needs HEAVY changes. Some sort of utility would be great, and just a straight damage buff won't solve anything. It needs something unique that actually has synergy with other trees. Make our worst souls not boring and more useful.

First we have this. We already have A LOT of people saying since we can tank, heal and dps we should not be competitive. Add support as well and it will only get worse. Also this far into the game people who have Druids have them because they want pet dps in a Cleric (for the most part). Turn the soul into a support soul and watch the screams start.

I need to be honest here but this is actually the worst idea for fixing the druid I have seen. You not only bring up the first point I raised, you then have to ask how they would be unique enough to justify bringing a 3rd support role on a raid. Bards and Archons were designed the way they were so that you could largely get by with just one of each because of the greater ratio of dps in any MMO. What support abilities could they bring that are unique without taking abilities from Bards and Archons creating even more emo? It is just a bad idea sorry. If you want to be support rogue and mage are waiting.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandras View Post
    I personally feel the Druid soul should be reworked into a tanking soul. Cleric tanking falls so far behind warriors in part because they have 4 souls to spend points in tanking, and we have 1. A second soul would allow us to spend all 66 pts in tanking, making cleric tanks much, much more viable.

1. Druid DPS already sucks bad enough to not really be considered a offensive soul.
    2. It has a HP boost in first tier.
    3. Change Faith in Action to a defence boosting passive,
    4. Have the pets absorb a portion of the damage taken by the cleric.
    5. Add aggro generation to some of the attacks

Viola, gap closed.
    Was something that was brought up many times. If not a tank soul, a defensive soul that complements tanking.

Or it could be another fail healer like it was suppose to be. I do like its debuffs and control skills however. And do not wish to lose them. The only way to keep it, and not turn it into a support soul is if its like a dom (which is a support soul) but only ST, or make it a defensive character. Both would work for pvp at least.

Agreed

Rift Chaser

They can already queue for support, even though they don't have a buffing soul, which is basically what Trion has defined support as for Rift.

While we're on the topic, can we turn Warlord back into an actual support soul please. There is no need for 4 dedicated tanking souls on a warrior.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast