+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ailis

Thread: Any PvPers looking forward to Stance Dancing with MoA?

  1. #1
    Plane Touched Delillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    257

    Default Any PvPers looking forward to Stance Dancing with MoA?

    Seems like the implementation of Mien of Aggression should raise the skill cap for PvP hybrid clerics.

    I know personally I would try to shift between MoA and MoH on my Inquisicar. Taugrim was already using MoL at times on his M*A*S*H build.

    I noticed the cooldown on Miens was raised, which makes sense but it still seems like there's an opportunity here for getting more output from these stances. Anyone know if casting a Mien resets the cooldown on ALL your miens?

    Alternatively MoA might just mean that 51 Inquisitor and 51 Cabalist are just plain better now... so less healing in WFs!

  2. #2
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,420

    Default

    51 inq, 10 senti 5 warden.

    Hb and HS should suffice.

  3. #3
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Yes casting a mein starts a 15s delay before you can use any other mein.

    Problem wiith stance dancing is that when you are DOL based, you need to be able to fire DoL or ohter doctrines pretty fast, and if you have just switch to MoA you may have to wait 15s . So in combat stance dancing, no for me.

    Only use I think of MoA with hybrides is to have MoA before the combat, and keep it until you really need to fire a doctrine, and then keep MoH the whole combat. With that you may gain a little DPS a the start of the battle, at the expense of a GCD later.

  4. #4
    Sword of Telara Calibrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ailis View Post
    Yes casting a mein starts a 15s delay before you can use any other mein.

    Problem wiith stance dancing is that when you are DOL based, you need to be able to fire DoL or ohter doctrines pretty fast, and if you have just switch to MoA you may have to wait 15s . So in combat stance dancing, no for me.

    Only use I think of MoA with hybrides is to have MoA before the combat, and keep it until you really need to fire a doctrine, and then keep MoH the whole combat. With that you may gain a little DPS a the start of the battle, at the expense of a GCD later.

    Very well put. Start with what you want to open up with and switch only if you need/want to. 15secs might seem short, but in the middle of a PvP stand-off, one must make every GCD count.
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    16

    Default

    I've never been fond of stance-dancing in any game, but I can't say I feel that MoA is going to make much of an impact on Cleric PvP. It'll be a boost for people who are playing 51 Inq, Shaman and Druid will still be subpar. DPS-wise, our issues in PvP are lack of a healing debuff, controlled burst and survivability (for our dps trees, not healing), which are unchanged. I could see switching in an inquisicar build, but for other choices it's either going to be unused or always up.

    And yes, switching any Mien puts all your other Miens on a 15s cooldown.

    -edit: What Ailis said. ^
    Last edited by Varlette; 12-07-2011 at 11:28 AM.
    Varlette
    R40 Cleric | Terrible Idea | Briarcliff
    Avoiding PvP like the plague since 1.8.

  6. #6
    Plane Walker Raen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delillo View Post
    Seems like the implementation of Mien of Aggression should raise the skill cap for PvP hybrid clerics.

    I know personally I would try to shift between MoA and MoH on my Inquisicar. Taugrim was already using MoL at times on his M*A*S*H build.

    I noticed the cooldown on Miens was raised, which makes sense but it still seems like there's an opportunity here for getting more output from these stances. Anyone know if casting a Mien resets the cooldown on ALL your miens?

    Alternatively MoA might just mean that 51 Inquisitor and 51 Cabalist are just plain better now... so less healing in WFs!
    Switching Meins resets the gcd of all of the Meins.
    Zev & Manafont of Seastone
    Vinco Bellum

  7. #7
    Plane Touched Delillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raen View Post
    Switching Meins resets the gcd of all of the Meins.
    Well, too bad. But I still think I'm likely to "open" in MoA to build convictions and then switch to MoH to heal and then stay there until the fight "resets". MoH is still the default.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts