+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: An open letter to all the folks at TRION

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Radak already stated that is a negatory.
    So it must be someplace else.
    Or nowhere

Soulwalker

Thank you for taking time to address this to Tron and the Cleric Community. I loved my cleric the first 3months of the game, but now I am thinking, why did i role the worst class in the game and gets no attention from the makers. Great job sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokturnalx View Post
    Thank you for taking time to address this to Tron and the Cleric Community. I loved my cleric the first 3months of the game, but now I am thinking, why did i role the worst class in the game and gets no attention from the makers. Great job sir.
    Pretty much this. If they ever implement account wide achievements and clerics are still in the state they are today i'd reroll in a heartbeat. I however have attachment to all the achievement grind/PA time i've invested

Kudos on the overall post summary.

--=Jynxed ~ Greybriar=--
    --=ROF 4/4 ~ MS 5/5 ~ TF 3/3 ~ HK 3/11=--

Banned

I'm just tired.

Tired of being pissed on.

Tired of having no utility.

Tired of being underpowered in the duty my class was designed to do.

Tired of being a drawback to a raid if I do anything other than mt heal. Even that is starting to fade once gear improves.

Tired of playing.

Yet I still play.

Kill me now.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Laorne View Post
    Pretty much this. If they ever implement account wide achievements and clerics are still in the state they are today i'd reroll in a heartbeat. I however have attachment to all the achievement grind/PA time i've invested

Kudos on the overall post summary.
    Achievements (including Ultimate Hunter), rank 8, time and effort spent gearing and tuning this cleric...I'm main spec tank, and I had to be replaced in HK cause I got hit for 10k with equal gear - a thing the rogue and warrior tank didn't encounter, my dps is holding the raid back and there's only so many tank healers you need, something in which I can't replace the already existing main spec healers. So for now I'm pretending to be useful by DoL-ling my way into HK. I wonder how long it will last.

Maybe I should just bite the bullet and swap to my warrior.

Telaran

Very well thought out and written OP.

I hope someone official will really read it.

Quote Originally Posted by yoguzo View Post
    i hope someone official will really read it.
    bwahahahaha

RIFT Guide Writer

My healing thoughts (posted somewhere previously):

General:

We have too many spells that are never used, for any reason. Each of these should be given some reason to use, situationally, or as part of a pseudo-rotation, whatever.

There is no cleric pure healing build that can sustain AE heals. You need either a chloro or -icar, which means either (1) healers need two gear sets to fill a single role; or (2) you need to swap out pure healing clerics for either mages or more dps, as focus clerics will replace the pure healers for the fight. Maybe this is "working as intended", but it certainly seems strange.

All pure healing souls should bring a battle rez. There are too many situations, especially when learning a fight, where a battle rez is essential. This makes 32-sent almost a necessity in all healing builds, which should never happen.

Sentinel: Something needs to be done with overhealing of Healing Invocation. 51 Sentinel right now just massively overheals the target. The Lasting Invocation fix was a good idea, but not nearly enough. The main problem with it is the HoT lasts a long time, so if you are actually having to cast HI frequently to keep up a tank, then you overwrite it and it does one or two ticks at best. There is some synergy with Surging Flames, but 51 Sentinel can't reach it obviously. Maybe Lasting Invocation should be "30% of overhealing on the target turns into a hot over the next 3 seconds", or something to make it so it is useful in between casts of HI. (30% is just pulled out of thin air, whatever is useful without being terribly imbalanced.)

Sentinel is also supposedly the AE healing soul, but it doesn't do this at all. Healing Communion and Divine Call are way too expensive, and Sentinel gives no mana recovery. A thought that occurs to me is that overhealing of HI could somehow give slow mana recovery, but this might be overpowered. Maybe this could be a 20-sec buff on a 2m cooldown, "For the next 20 seconds, 20% overhealing done is converted to mana for the cleric." Or something.

Sentinel could have "Miens" for single-target and area-of-effect healing. The "miens" have a long CD so you can't switch between them easily in the middle of a fight, or only cast-able out of combat, whatever. They could work by straight-up buffing the healing of different types of heals, or preferably, change the mana costs of each type so only one type of healing was spammable while in that "mien". (Maybe its really just one -- "Mien of AE spam: Decreases cost of AE heals by 50% and increases cost of ST heals by 500%. Lasts one hour, only cast-able out of combat." Parameters would have to be tuned, obvi.) This would let you have a dedicated AE pure healer without major changes or making Sentinel vastly superior to all the other souls.

Healing Grace should be given some useful effect. Either a buff on the target or cleric, make it useful to cast once in a while. Maybe it always Procs Serendipity?

Shared Recovery should be changed to "Swap your HP and the friendly target's HP." Instant-cast on a long cooldown.

Purifier: Purifier should have a raid shield on a medium-large cooldown (1 min?).

Healing Flame should provide some a buff to make it worth casting, maybe "Shields applied to the target are 10% more effective. Lasts 10 seconds."

Surging Flames should be a instant / 1-sec cast so it is remotely possible to switch targets during a fight.

The synergy crystal should have a useful 4-pc buff.

Purifier should have a brez, at least once you have invested a lot of points into it (44 root ability?)

Warden: Healing Cataract shouldn't have a 8-sec cooldown, or at least have its cooldown reduced by the same talent that affects Deluge to 2-secs. 2-secs makes the heals not spammable, so Warden is still a HoT focused soul, but right now it is difficult to keep sustained AE healing in Warden. There are several amazing cooldowns, but they aren't reliable in a steady AE fight. IMO, it's not like Healing Cataract is particularly good so having a 2-sec cooldown would make Warden imbalanced. Regardless, I'd rather have it balanced around a 2-sec cooldown than 8-sec, because right now you just can't sustain the AE HPS.

Healing from Warden skills should be re-adjusted so more of it comes from Deluge and Healing Current than Soothing Stream (without changing the total HPS much).

It would be nice if Warden had a single tank CD, something in the spirit of the soul. Maybe "For the next six seconds, HoTs heal for 100% more." Could be channeled. On a 1-2m cooldown.

Warden should have a brez, at least once you have invested a lot of points into it (44 root ability?)

Rift Chaser

As long as it is ignorable, it's going to be ignored, or so it seems. >< I do have some hope that sufficient support will give it some weight, particularly with the person(s) in charge of the cleric calling elements which are currently borked. :}

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...61-healer.html

No comment !!!
    Well written OP, thou you just scratched problems we have as calling.

Rift Chaser

Join me in prayer, fellow clerics:

Our Class Lead, who art at TRION, hallowed be thy name. Thy Kingdom come, balance be done, in game as it isn't on PTS. Give us this day our daily thread, and forgive us our herps as we forgive our derpers. And lead us not into frustration, but deliver us from QQ. For thine is the testing, the patches and the hotfixes.

Amen.

I Wouldnt mind if LI, causes all heals to leave the hot. i mean, its 5 friggin points. It should be good for something. Having all heals to cause the HI hot, would at least cause the AoE portion of senti (and HB talented) to be significantly better.

Just a thought.

Mmm, could be casted heals only. Would get tricky with hots.
    Last edited by Eughe; 12-04-2011 at 05:59 PM.

Not to poop on the party or anything, but ever since I rolled a Cleric, I've had a lot more fun with this game.

I honestly do not understand what the problem really is, or maybe I just don't look that deeply into it.

Up until level 50, and through most of level 50, I did everything alone. Tanking/healing/DPSing. I didn't do any dungeons at the levels it required, I just waited until a higher level and went back and did it by myself.

Recently, I decided to join a guild (and a pretty great first choice at that), having done tons of dungeons with them (t1's and 2's), I get to play all different roles. I've tanked, I've healed, I've DPS'ed, and I've supported. I've never been told that I can't do anything but heal, or "shut up and heal" or do what I'm supposed to. I'd probably leave the party if there were such rude people in it, too.

All roles have been successful for me. Well, maybe not in the DPS department, but things die eventually.

I, personally, have not had any issues with my Cleric. (Okay I do have mana problems sometimes because I forget to hit my mana regen spells, but once I remember them I'm good!)

I guess my point is.... I don't have any problems with my Cleric. -shrug-

When I rolled Mage, I needed help with a ton of things, though. Maybe it's just me.

Rift Chaser

Because we're talking high end raiding for DPS. You are just at a much lower level of progression and haven't run into the wall yet.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitG View Post
    Not to poop on the party or anything, but ever since I rolled a Cleric, I've had a lot more fun with this game.

I honestly do not understand what the problem really is, or maybe I just don't look that deeply into it.

Up until level 50, and through most of level 50, I did everything alone. Tanking/healing/DPSing. I didn't do any dungeons at the levels it required, I just waited until a higher level and went back and did it by myself.

Recently, I decided to join a guild (and a pretty great first choice at that), having done tons of dungeons with them (t1's and 2's), I get to play all different roles. I've tanked, I've healed, I've DPS'ed, and I've supported. I've never been told that I can't do anything but heal, or "shut up and heal" or do what I'm supposed to. I'd probably leave the party if there were such rude people in it, too.

All roles have been successful for me. Well, maybe not in the DPS department, but things die eventually.

I, personally, have not had any issues with my Cleric. (Okay I do have mana problems sometimes because I forget to hit my mana regen spells, but once I remember them I'm good!)

I guess my point is.... I don't have any problems with my Cleric. -shrug-

When I rolled Mage, I needed help with a ton of things, though. Maybe it's just me.
    Maybe you are telling the truth. Maybe you are the 1 lucky cleric to ever play all 3 roles and have no issues what so ever. Or maybe you are a troll.

Lets see, firts you said you played as Support... Cleric don't have a support role.
    next you said tanking was fine... so you had no agro issues from mages and rogues pulling mobs off you?..right
    Healing...yah we can do that.
    Solo, yah we can do that too. But if I want to play a solo game I play a game thats made for it.
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast