Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: So... how goes the Mien of Aggression testing?

Rift Disciple

At least we are getting attention.
    __Fatalityz__
    Addiction <Cleric Lead>
    8/8 ID - World First Laethys

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FataleArcanis View Post
    At least we are getting attention.
    "How can we shut them up with the least amount of effort possible?"

Nice attention.

Telaran

Heck yes I reject this and want them back at the drawing board! Actual fixes to my souls please, not some completely half-arsed mien that leaves me still completely dependent on one soul for dps, more useful as a tank/dps hybrid, and a cleanse/hot bot in pvp. Quite frankly I am bored of this, and bored of seeing all the math showing that this is a weak crutch getting ignored and reposted and ignored some more.

Just fix us already.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Assassins View Post
    i don't know how long you have been around, but it's hard to be optimistic about cleric changes anymore.

I like your attitude though, reminds me of me 4 months ago
    A little bit of optimism shouldn't hurt anyone.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by The Widgit View Post
    That's funny he clearly says other changes are possible in the future as they continuously evaluate the state of the game so ... dot dot dot ...
    "are possible" =/= "are incoming"

Winning the lotto "is possible", but I'm not going to blow my small amount of birthday money because I think that I'm going to get a wad later.

This change is horrible, and as we have been specifically told to look at it in isolation, it is still horrible.
    Last edited by Lighteyes; 12-04-2011 at 10:32 AM.
    BOO!

Champion of Telara

Its better than "lets completely ignore them while we rebuild every other class over, some twice".
    Last edited by Alyn; 12-06-2011 at 01:53 PM.
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivengar View Post
    Its better than "lets completely ignore them while we rebuild every other class over, some twice".
    More like "let's rebuild every other class, and then tell the clerics that it would be disruptive to the game if we rebuilt them". I mean, think of all the people who would have to respec if they reworked Druid. Think of the chaos that would ensue if Shaman were turned into a class that required more than 1 button to play. The world would pretty much end if Justicar AoE threat was addressed.
    Spence <Legit>

Quote Originally Posted by The Widgit View Post
    A little bit of optimism shouldn't hurt anyone.
    You have every right to be optimistic. I don't know how long you have been playing but since your join date says Nov 2011 I think it is safe to assume not very long so you may have missed the rest of us having all hope and optimism ripped from us like a piece of duct tape on an open wound. So in essence you wont see to much hope and optimism on the cleric forums until our issues are addressed for the long haul.

Since this fix has been something that has been theory crafted, tested and mathematically proven to not be a long term fix and this issue will be revisited again in another 3 months if MoA goes through like it is. I would be happy to see us get a "true" 25%-30% dps increase and not the current 17-20% we are seeing due to the additive nature of MoA.

Without the SP coefficients being properly addressed this problem will continue to persist.
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isnít a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by jMerliN View Post
    That's not at all the overall consensus. I'd say the dot product of the "right direction" and the direction this change is going would be at best 0.
    First time I think I've ever seen dot product used on a gaming forum. lol.

And its not the right direction. The direction cleric is headed is a series of haphazard, crisis-mode bandages that don't look at the bigger picture. Each one makes future fixes harder. MoA is a typical example of this. As is the 500% threat modifier MoL got. Or Thorns of Asphodel and Frozen Wrath. Or the 36 passives. They're all a series of nearsighted fixes that haven't actually resolved anything, each of them has created problems while solving others. I expect MoA, as it is now, is going to cause more problems down the line. Its one more thing that has to be balanced against everything else when you could fix most of cleric's problems tweaking the talents and skills that already exist.

Plane Touched

Why is everyone so chicken little about this change?

You think it was a large time commitment for them to implement?

These are easily implemented and easily reverted....

Instead of whining and crying that the sky is falling we should just simply continue to remind them this is not a long term solution yet thank them for the effort.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Meowshwitz View Post
    Why is everyone so chicken little about this change?

You think it was a large time commitment for them to implement?

These are easily implemented and easily reverted....

Instead of whining and crying that the sky is falling we should just simply continue to remind them this is not a long term solution yet thank them for the effort.
    Zinbik made it clear that this is the only change we will be receiving, and Daglar made it clear that they will never, ever again in the foreseeable future of Rift make significant changes to any of our souls.

This is the reason we completely reject this change in general, because it is fine as a very temporary fix while more in-depth overhauls are done, but it is completely terrible as an end-all solution.

Plane Touched

Have look at this warrior thread

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post3414714

He said ok, no complete soul changes, involving a gameplay change. But some (several) capabilities changes (tipically changing numbers) are still possible.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ailis View Post
    Have look at this warrior thread

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post3414714

He said ok, no complete soul changes, involving a gameplay change. But some (several) capabilities changes (tipically changing numbers) are still possible.
    When mages or rogues get another complete overhaul, be sure to remind him that we were told no, but once again the least problematic classes got massive changes.

We can't even get bug fixes 99% of the time, let alone sane changes that require more than 5 minutes of thought or work on the part of our developer. You'd think someone tasked with balancing a calling would have at least 20 hours a week dedicated just to that, but it appears even 5 minutes is pushing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Hi Sebb,

If we absolutely feel that we need to do a drastic change that requires soul respec we will. But such changes will not be made lightly.

~Daglar
    Your all ignoring the last part of his comment too. Where he states that drastic changes will still occur but won't be occurring as often in the future. I'm not quite sure why he doesn't think that Druids need drastic changes however as it needs some serious fundamental changes to work properly in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Orst View Post
    Your all ignoring the last part of his comment too. Where he states that drastic changes will still occur but won't be occurring as often in the future. I'm not quite sure why he doesn't think that Druids need drastic changes however as it needs some serious fundamental changes to work properly in raids.
    And you are ignoring the fact that this was said to a leading warrior with warriors in mind while on the cleric forums he said that no such changes would be done to clerics. I play both rogues and clerics extensively. The rogue dev has issues with communication and also I think issues in seeing the actual situation rogues find themselves in. The Cleric dev in comparison is a myth in terms of what actually gets done. When you read the threads lately I feel like he is annoyed and thinks he is doing us some great favor addressing clerics after the half baked Justicar revamp.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast