+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Rester's Senticar for PvP and PvE healing. No Valor needed to top the parse.

Soulwalker

Default Rester's Senticar for PvP and PvE healing. No Valor needed to top the parse.

You can top the parse with this build. As you will see in the screenshot I have no pvp gear at all. Use healer's haste when u have to spam single heals macro or Aoe oh **** macro.

The build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...s0oo.E0Exrozco

The screenshot of PVP chart and stats:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...126170810.jpg/

Macros:
    Conviction Builder
    #show Bolt of Judgment
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Strike of Judgment
    cast Sovereignty
    cast Life's Vengeance
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Bolt of Judgment
    cast Banish

Cleanse
    #show Cleansing Prayer
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseover Cleansing Prayer

Single Heals
    #show Healing Grace
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseover Healing Breath
    cast @mouseover Healing Invocation

Single Oh **** button
    #show Healer's Covenant
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseover Healer's Covenant
    cast Touch the Light
    cast @mouseover Healing Invocation

Aoe Oh **** button
    #show Healing Communion
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Divine Call
    cast Healing Communion

Sword of Telara

Why choose 6% manacost reduction over Spirit Rupture, the fastest way for a senticar to gain convictions?

Somebody once said "There is no reason to go beyond 32 points in Sentinel. Ever."* And I totally agree with him there. What's the reason for you to not spend the points above that in purifier for crit%?

*Can't remember exactly who it was.

EDIT: your macros wouldn't work with the spec you posted. Bolt of Judgment requires Inquisitor.
    Last edited by Jinjah; 11-26-2011 at 01:47 PM.

Have to agree with the poster before me, you don't need 5/5 light concentration as a Senticar. In a raid scenario convictions with the Light Makes Right talent are easier than ever to generate so going 3/5 Castigation from Inquisitror for BoJ spam and Sanction heretic (vex as well, though it does not generate convictions) )will yield the most personal DPS from a senticar.

Or alternatively as Jinjah said if you prefer to swim in more convictions than you possibly have GCDs for, then the purifier route is also extremely good. But you're essentially wasting points going any more than 32 into sentinel, especially just to get mana cost reduction on healing spells when Senticars should have 0 mana issues to begin with.
    afk tera.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jinjah View Post
    Why choose 6% manacost reduction over Spirit Rupture, the fastest way for a senticar to gain convictions?

Somebody once said "There is no reason to go beyond 32 points in Sentinel. Ever."* And I totally agree with him there. What's the reason for you to not spend the points above that in purifier for crit%?

*Can't remember exactly who it was.

EDIT: your macros wouldn't work with the spec you posted. Bolt of Judgment requires Inquisitor.
    Keep in mind this is a PVP spec too, Spirit Rupture is a 2 second casting spell. Standing to cast can result in a dead cleric. Mobility is a plus in PVP. Mana is a problem too since you in combat almost all the time. Thats why i took the mana reduction talent. Bolt of Judgment duh!!! it suppose to say cast Soul Lance.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by rantology View Post
    Have to agree with the poster before me, you don't need 5/5 light concentration as a Senticar. In a raid scenario convictions with the Light Makes Right talent are easier than ever to generate so going 3/5 Castigation from Inquisitror for BoJ spam and Sanction heretic (vex as well, though it does not generate convictions) )will yield the most personal DPS from a senticar.

Or alternatively as Jinjah said if you prefer to swim in more convictions than you possibly have GCDs for, then the purifier route is also extremely good. But you're essentially wasting points going any more than 32 into sentinel, especially just to get mana cost reduction on healing spells when Senticars should have 0 mana issues to begin with.
    Please go to pvp without the mana reduction and let me know how it goes... Also keep in mind that I don't have rank 8 gear, nor hk gear to have tons of mana to waste. Please go to Black Garden post your chart screenshot with your spec take it as a challenge.

Ah, yeah I guess I did kind of forget about the PvP bit. Senticar in pvp is...well, about as interesting to me as the MASH build. I just think they're inneffective in general, but that's just me.

I'm sure you can do fun things with it in PvP but I fail to see how it'd be any better than just going full Sent/Ward proper PvP healer.

carry on :P
    Last edited by rantology; 11-26-2011 at 02:33 PM.
    afk tera.

Plane Touched

Hi, a few comments:

I would not use the same build for PVP and PVE. Not the same constrtains.

For PVP (I don't know PVE):

No need to go >31 in sentinel and no need to go that high in justicar aswell. Battle rez are useless in PVP. I usually don't go higher than 24, enough to take 3/3 devout reflection, light makes rigth and humility. I see you didin't take humility, I find this is one of the real strength of justicar : no CD (you can put it in your macros), 15sec at 50%. The best kitting tool...

With the remaining points, you can invest 12 in warden (15% on instant heal, AOE hot, knocking spell, free self hot ...) or in Inq for other good conviction builders.

Quote Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
    Please go to pvp without the mana reduction and let me know how it goes... Also keep in mind that I don't have rank 8 gear, nor hk gear to have tons of mana to waste. Please go to Black Garden post your chart screenshot with your spec take it as a challenge.
    I don't think Rant is going to waste the time posting a screenshot to prove the worthiness of sent/ward for the billionth time.

My Livestream
    Mercenary @Mind Trick

Wait, what?

Soulwalker

Well when i get to see a healer outparse me in warfront i'll ask his spec and change mine... Haven't seen any. As you see in the screenshot I wasn't using any pvp armor to proof how good the spec is...

Mezter chill.

You had 9 deaths in a loss in which the opposition scored 78 kills. That's not effective healing. 224k healing in this kind of match is really not that impressive.

There are elements of a good build here but experienced clerics will see the waste in this build quickly. Your PvE gear along with a burning powerstone will allow you the stats to put out good numbers with even this mediocre build. 1371 SP is pretty beefy.

Hmm I find it amazing that people think just because they top a heal parse once or twice (or even 80-90%) of the WFs they are in their spec must be good.

Its like a cabby that tops the damage parse and think they must be good.

Just saying. Numbers are just numbers.

Plane Touched

I've surpassed those numbers with an Inquisicar spec even, well before you even joined these forums.

Noble effort however!
    Last edited by Guerrero; 11-26-2011 at 09:28 PM.

Affinity - Dayblind
    50 Cleric - Ciru
    50 Rogue - Voraz
    50 Warrior - Guerrera
    50 Mage - Jasyere

I am not even going to comment on the build. With the number of deaths of course a heal ranking is going to be high, that is how parses worked. I remember in EQ2 having 8k even a 10k hps parses on boss nameds. They were always on the fights where we wiped because I had so much to heal. So much in fact that I could not keep up. Now if you were showing those numbers on a fight with fewer deaths and a victory? That would be different.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by p3t3r1 View Post
    Hmm I find it amazing that people think just because they top a heal parse once or twice (or even 80-90%) of the WFs they are in their spec must be good.

Its like a cabby that tops the damage parse and think they must be good.

Just saying. Numbers are just numbers.
    ^This. The really sad part, though, is that his team still lost - he just conveniently covered up the score, but given how much favor the Defiants got vs. the Guardians, they definitely lost.
    Saralene - Cleric || Wolfsbane

Ascendant

Well numbers can mean something, just not in the example the OP provided.

If he had healed for say 500k, didnt die, his team had fewer deaths, and this while outhealing the next closest cleric on his side by 300-400k ...then the numbers mean something, as in he was responsible for his team winning.

The numbers he posted dont mean crap, except that his spec fails at survivability.
    Irony - Pathiss

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast