+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mire`

Thread: Cleric PvP Suggestions

Default Cleric PvP Suggestions

Hello Everybody.

So I've just started doing Warfronts and such, still Rank 1. I've been mixing and matching some builds but can't find the right one.

I'm looking for a ranged PvP build, tried the M.A.S.H spec, didn't work out for me well.

Builds, Build Links, and Macros would be helpful.

Thank you in advance!

One more question, in the lower/higher ranks is it better to heal or to be a DPS cleric?(Meaning, which will get your rank/favor up faster)
    Last edited by GreenTea II; 11-25-2011 at 07:46 PM.
    “Your thoughts, your actions, your very form; mine to do with as I see fit.”

Ohh, and more thing, can't edit for some reason.

I've tried the 51 Inquis/10 Sent/5 Ward, didn't work out for me to well, low survive-ability.

Many builds aren't going to work for you at p1 that will work at p5+. You can't really dent anyone at p1 so don't try.

I would suggest taking a healing build with 26 justicar and pocket heal the highest rank warrior or melee rogue in each WF. You will just have to suffer / grind to get all your p1 and p2 gear so that your valor gets over 800. That will improve things.

Life as a new 50 sucks, but you should be able to push through it pretty quickly. Concentrate on positioning and healing your team. And don't take it personally when enemy players blow you up.

Rift Chaser

Healing without 1150 Valor, ~22 Justicar and ~6k+ base HP is an invitation to be gangbanged. If you are willing to soak up your welfare favor while you get farmed, more power to you.

Well, wouldn't call my self a fresh level 50. I'm fully T2 geared. Just fresh to PvP. Will that change anything though? Can I start doing some DPS, or just keep healing to R4-R5?

And any suggestions for a healing spec? And this might be an un-answerable question, but try to guesstimate, with just straight healing would I get to the higher ranks slow or fast? Considering I would farm WFS for a while.

Thank you for the answers.
    Last edited by GreenTea II; 11-26-2011 at 10:34 AM.

Soulwalker

Ive never seen the point of ever singletarget DPSing as a cleric in PvP and I find those who try quite entertaining. You can mash out some pretty decent aoe at p5-p6+ as cabalist but the entire point in PvP and cleric is to heal. Ive ranked two clerics to p8 and not DPSed a single WF, now I felt like DPSing I leveled a rogue (regretably not a mage), now p4.

I agree with previous posts here, your not even going to be able to dent anyone as DPS in p1 gear and thats just the sad truth, beeing someones pockethealer is just the way to go and if I were you, heal your way to p8. You get some real statisfaction when you become a good healer, and lets face it, warfronts are OFTEN won or lost by healing. You get to take pride in seperating yourself from the fanoutspamming, aoelolling thunderstormlolmodetyrannyroflcopter numbnut macrospamming pvpers out there. It makes the farm much more enjoyable knowing that you pressed more than 2 buttons all the way up to p8.

When reaching p6 I suggest this build:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00....xxb.VVb0h0x0o
    Best pvpspecc there is in my opinion, before that choose any build too minimize your squishiness.

As favor goes, all is devidied equally so it ultimately it doesnt matter what build you are. Its probably going to go slower for you as DPS considering youll probably loose more games than if you healed.

Plane Touched

Maybe a senticar heal build not to be 2 shooted? (but 3 shooted )

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10....E0E0bszco.Vxb

I would avoid melee builds (including MASH as you have seen). If you want to DPS, maybe 51 inquisicar and try to assist the train and drop DoL from time to time.

I would not worry too much about what is usefull or not (DPS or heal question for example), as the contribution of low rank is (unfortunatly) not very maeningfull anyway.

Telaran

31 warden 30 sent 5 templar. perfect wf heals.

Beneaththemire@Dayblind
    Soliloquy@Dayblind

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Lacksen View Post
    Ive ranked two clerics to p8
    So at some point you had a rank 8 cleric and a rank 1, and played the rank 1 ? ^^

Soulwalker

Here's what I use for PVP.

Warden Heals - 51 warden, 9 sentinel, 6 cabalist. You'll have a bunch of HoTs, 2 heavy healing longer cooldown AOE HOTs, a few single target burst heals, and waterjet/obliterate for damage.

Cabalicar AOE DPS - 51 cabalist 12 justicar 3 sentinel. Lots of AOE damage, some nice self and AOE heals from justicar, and 1 burst single target heal from sentinel. You also have AOE slow, AOE stun, AOE debuff, and AOE damage/self heal. Most of your damage is from using tyranny and obliterate.

Inquisicar AOE and Single Target - 45 inquisitor, 10 sentinel, 11 justicar. Lots of instant cast single target damage, lots of conviction heals, AOE heals from damage, and Circle of Oblivion for bunched up AOE damage from a distance.

The trick to these will be making and using macros that are for self heal, AOE heal, single target damage, and AOE damage. Use those and mix in the other effects like slow, pushback, stun, fear, etc.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ailis View Post
    So at some point you had a rank 8 cleric and a rank 1, and played the rank 1 ? ^^
    Fo sho! Needed a guardian one aswell. Also whats the point in playing a fully geared rank 8 char? Not like I get any jollys when I cant get any upgrades. After reaching rank 8 I park a char in a lowlevel camp of my choice, log on and gank the living **** out of the place for 10 minutes every other day or so, I also enjoy beeing a pain in the *** for all the PvE-invasion-doing-scrubs, but other than that, id rather farm favor with a rank 1 than play a rank 8 char!

I tried bringing my beloved healer with 5pt templar into wf and it's painful at rank 1. So much so I gave it up in lieu of surviving a little longer with the mash spec. Only rank 3 now, but waiting until rank 5 to try and test the waters with my healer again. DoL heals are nice though.

One thing to add, make a self-cleansing macro for cleansing waters to save yourself some grief:
    #show cleansing waters
    cast @self cleansing waters

+ Reply to Thread