+ Reply to Thread

Thread: When, and why, was the +3 targets for Even Justice nixed?

General of Telara

Default When, and why, was the +3 targets for Even Justice nixed?

Just curious because I was really looking forward to that change for my healing build.

Sword of Telara

Was never there to begin with. Was always 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar
    Hey guys, there is a lot of speculation out there right now, I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.
    Daglar; Lead Calling Designer~10/17/12

General of Telara

I'm pretty sure there was chatter early on on the PTS about Even Justice having its base targets bumped up from 2 to 5 with the 3/3 Vengeful Justice remaining as-is. I'm probably mistaken, but I believe that that was ostensibly to bring it on par with other AoEs.

Quote Originally Posted by Marikhen View Post
    I'm pretty sure there was chatter early on on the PTS about Even Justice having its base targets bumped up from 2 to 5 with the 3/3 Vengeful Justice remaining as-is. I'm probably mistaken, but I believe that that was ostensibly to bring it on par with other AoEs.
    Clerics are not allowed to be on par with anything, maybe heals if we are lucky, no chance with anything involving damage numbers though

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Runkett View Post
    Clerics are not allowed to be on par with anything, maybe heals if we are lucky, no chance with anything involving damage numbers though
    I didn't say a thing about damage though. I was referring specifically to number of targets hit.

Edit: And yes, I'm aware that increasing the number of targets hit without reducing the damage done would in fact boost damage thereby running afoul of your statement, but my point in relation to number of targets and parity in that regard remains. ;-)
    Last edited by Marikhen; 11-16-2011 at 08:01 PM.

Sword of Telara

This was nothing but a tooltip fix from the start. I remember the thread and the OP was corrected on page 1. This "change" never was a possiblity.

Champion

That would be kind of broken if even justice target limit was bumped up by 3. Think of the possibilities AOE'ing elites.
    Gilg - 50 Guardian Cleric on Briarcliff
    Maximation
    We're recruiting active, competent raiders who enjoy being competitive while having fun!

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Jinjah View Post
    This was nothing but a tooltip fix from the start. I remember the thread and the OP was corrected on page 1. This "change" never was a possiblity.
    Got'cha. Annoying though. So many topics to keep track of at times, and so much attention spent elsewhere, that one of the few personally good points of 1.6 didn't actually exist.

Meh, and I was really looking forward to seeing what an 8 target AoE Justicar ability would do for my healing.

+ Reply to Thread