+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: * Shield of Faith: Now reduces all damage by 2-10%

Champion

Default * Shield of Faith: Now reduces all damage by 2-10%

Why? Just why?

clerics were too op
    afk tera.

I can't believe our cleric dev allowed that to make it to live.

Quote Originally Posted by rantology View Post
    clerics were too op
    obviously

Physical mitigation has gone down about 5%, but the buff to Thorvin's Law means that you're getting like 6-15% extra magical mit
    Last edited by faulty; 11-16-2011 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by faulty View Post
    obviously

Physical mitigation has gone down about 5%, but the buff to Thorvin's Law means that you're getting like 6-15% extra magical mit
    With a shield iirc.

That still has terrible stats.

Telaran

See new Thorvin's at http://riftsoulbuilder.com/soul_builder/Cleric

Added passive effect to MoL. No shield required. No soul points into shield abilities required. Only good for deep~ish Justicar builds, now due to points invested scaling rather than the shield thing.
    Last edited by Ksielvin; 11-16-2011 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksielvin View Post
    See new Thorvin's at http://riftsoulbuilder.com/soul_builder/Cleric

Added passive effect to MoL. No shield required. No soul points into shield abilities required. Only good for deep~ish Justicar builds, now due to points invested scaling rather than the shield thing.
    In both cases it still didn't warrant the reduction of the only worthwhile damage reduction we have. It's not like we have our uber damage to fall back on.

No effort was made by the cleric dev, all the tanks were meant to be balanced around each other, didnt come close - warriors had several revisions and chances to many skills, we got a hand full of improvements and then a bunch of nerfs to go with them.

One of the best examples of 'balance' -

Cleric - Repreive - 6th tier talent - 5m cd - on GCD - ~5k heal that also hits mandate target (normally wasted)
    Warrior - Touch of Life - 8 point root - 5m cd - off GCD - FULL HEAL (18k+ in HK raids)

Repreive was raised multiple times in the feedback thread - no response
    Warriors got the cooldown on their already superior, lower ranked free root skill cut in half...

Yep - stunning job Zibnik...

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    In both cases it still didn't warrant the reduction of the only worthwhile damage reduction we have. It's not like we have our uber damage to fall back on.
    now the "only worthwhile damage reduction" is in line with the other classes' passive damage reduction talents.

I really can't be bothered to look up the other abilities so here's what I can remember:

CLERIC
    Shield of Faith - 10% cap

MAGE
    Elemental Link - 10% cap

WARRIOR
    none afaik but gets a 10% DR buff from somewhere

ROGUE
    Bolster - 6%
    Exceptional Resilience - 6%

but this is logical and these forums are allergic to logic

Yeah it's SO HARD for me to hit one button on my RS that gives me battle hardened for 10 seconds and Shadow Guard for 20. You macro that with ur main combo point builder so it might as well be passive for all practical purposes.

Oh, so i guess our damage and escape abilities are equivalent to that of those other classes correct?

Since equivalency is the name of the game.

warriors also have a plethora of damage reducing passives in all 4 of their tank souls (well maybe not warlord so much) many do not require a full 20 points for their effect.

Plane Touched

The simple fact at the end of the day with 1.6 is there is no scenario where a cleric tank is nearly on par with a warrior tank.

Period.

That doesn't exactly scream balance...

Rift Disciple

We Clerics behave to well. We don't exactly go down kicking and screaming like warriors or even rogue's tend to do. I noticed there were nearly no "whining & crying" Cleric posts in the PTS forum. We once again drew the short straw in the end.

obviously

I thought we got a buff to both physical and non-physical. Does the new MoL changes benefit more physical damage mitigation --- or did I read it wrong?
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

now the "only worthwhile damage reduction" is in line with the other classes' passive damage reduction talents.

I really can't be bothered to look up the other abilities so here's what I can remember...

Oh almost forgot. Did anyone else notice the irony here? By definition a logical conclusion must be based upon all available facts and when new facts become available the logical conclusion can change. Here we have a person that by their own admission does not do the research to confirm the premise of his argument yet he makes the claim of coming to a logical conclusion. Yeah I am a geek but it gave me a chuckle.

Here we have a violation of a cardinal rule of logic that was illustrated well by the Consulting Detective in "A Scandal in Bohemia"

It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast