+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By syrianx

Thread: Take Cleanses Off the GCD

Ascendant

Default Take Cleanses Off the GCD

Like title says take cleanses off the GCD...

It would be nice... but not very fair to other classes.

You'd have to add an actual cooldown and I wouldn't want to give up spam-ablity.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Delillo View Post
    It would be nice... but not very fair to other classes.

You'd have to add an actual cooldown and I wouldn't want to give up spam-ablity.
    Like Eradicate?
    Or you can adjust cost on ability.....Double the cost.
    Last edited by Undrsiege; 11-09-2011 at 03:54 PM.

You could keep the no-CD ones on the GCD, but take the Cleanses that are on Cooldowns and remove them from the Global one (like Cauterize or Deny). Nice middle ground methinks.
    Last edited by Morvick; 11-09-2011 at 03:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by p3t3r1 View Post
    Put a stopcasting in your cleanse macro?
    Helped me
    Example?...

Quote Originally Posted by Undrsiege View Post
    Like Eradicate?
    Or you can adjust cost on ability.....Double the cost.
    Eradicate is a purge not a cleanse. If you're going to make a facetious remark you should at least be encumbered by a few facts.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    Eradicate is a purge not a cleanse. If you're going to make a facetious remark you should at least be encumbered by a few facts.
    Really? This whole time I wondered where my buffs were going...

Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar

heals should be off gcd too!

Rift Disciple

Default won't help

Maybe this would help those who never even try to cleanse, but only once in a while, and only to an extremely limited extent (cast cleanse->cast heal in a macro seems to be what you want?)

The problem is debuff stacking and debuff reapplication -- you have to chew through debuffs before you hit the important one, and then it's reapplied before you finish casting the heal you spent all that time cleansing to land.

A more powerful deny is what we need, along with stronger mechanics for it in general. For example, a Deny on a 6 second CD and standard cleanses cleansing 2. Give dominators a debuff resistance talent ( e.g. "reduces the chance your debuffs are dispelled by 33%) (and yeah I know that's original) so the can still protect their spells, but we can effectively remove debuffs in general, and even doms if we're determined. That would take care of the number part.

The reapplication part still calls for a "rogue weary" debuff IMO -- you cant give rogues a passive debuff that reapplies constantly and expect healers to actively try to keep up with it. 30 secs of no reapplication sounds right to me but since so many seem to care about 1v1 for some reason maybe we could agree on 8 seconds?

Or, more logically, make these debuffs single-target only? Still powerful when used properly, still cleanseable, still both application and removal depend a bit on skill?

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawPlankton View Post
    heals should be off gcd too!
    Rapid Fire Healing!! (potential awesome healing soul).

Champion of Telara

Would be better if we could get a CD cleanse that does something like the VK cleanse. They can train up their cleanse to make their target immune to debuffs for 6 seconds after using the ability, with a 15 second CD. This greatly facilitates healing specific targets who are being constantly debuffed (VM anyone??).

Now, the warden cleanse is nice in that it removes 3-4 debuffs over a short time... but it can be purged. The Purifier cleanse is amazing for PvP, but Purifier itself is not amazing for PvP...

Since this is a PvP concept, it should be a Templar ability cleanse that removes all poisons, curses, and diseases - 15s CD, and you are immune to these status effects for 6 seconds. I'd take this cleanse over Nysyr's Brand despite my love for pissing off rogues... it's just not that necessary to have. Would even consider this over Healing Momentum, but I know some of you templars love your HM.

Having a cleanse ability in the Templar tree would make it pretty attractive for DPS builds, like Inquisicar w/ Templar or Shaman w/ Templar...
    Last edited by Patchkid; 11-09-2011 at 11:48 PM.

Ill certainly agree that atm the cleric cleansing situation is underwhelming. Not necessarily because the cleanses are not there or bad, but because the current spec design makes them mediocre at best. However im not sure no GCD is the answer

A few times, I've thought to myself "if only cleanses were of the gcd, it'd be so op." (from a PvE perspective). Those who are used to high speed action know just how long a gcd can last. For example, on Zilas, I waterjet the crystals. There's been many cases where a player is stunned just after I waterjet, where I then sit there for 1.4s waiting... same with Plutonus while I'm main healing.

If they were off the gcd, they'd obviously have a 1.5 or even 1s cooldown on them.

Alternatives to improving dispels would be to make them remove 2 debuffs (the eradicate of debuffs) or copy what wow is doing and make them dispel all debuffs, but give them a 5s cooldown (lol sterilize with a 5s cooldown).
    Last edited by Healix; 11-10-2011 at 06:05 AM.

Ascendant

if you do it, then with all.

cleanses
    purges
    silence
    disarm

but also

Buffing
    Break Free
    Imunitiy Spells
    Dmg Reduction Buffs

+ Reply to Thread