+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: PvP Inquisicar Hybrid Guide

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Vihar View Post
    My recollection from playing my similar spec was that dodge didn't count for much vs rogues, but parry worked great.

Things may have changed in the updates since I stopped playing it.

The 50% damage mitigation was worked out on these forums somewhere back in April. I'd have to look hard to find it, and I just don't feel like it.

I recommend just test it out with a friend spamming one skill over and over with both builds. (Try with two points in and five points in...see what the damage difference is with the same valor.)
    This doesn't sound right at all - Going into a Wf in full tank mode definitely makes you more durable then a spec with no extra mitigation.
    Hitme (W) - Byriel - Dark Horizon
    Darane (C) - Faeblight - Knights of Septoria

Quote Originally Posted by Saralene View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailis View Post
    Hey

I really like this build, good for rambo soloing in Whitefall or codex (in large scale zerg, 51 cab or 51 warden or 51 inq are potentially better but...).
    I personnaly would take light makes right over anything else in justicar at this point. One of the strong point of this build remains DoL spam, so you may want. If I go in warden, I personnaly always take full restorative tide. Doesn't seems much, but on long figths on DPS meter you can see how much it heals you ( like macroed Glory of the choosen).

Rigth now I am trying something like this
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...AuMooLs.med0zM
    Sinergy with shaman is good actually, because of Jolt which is always up between DoL and inq spells rotation. It provides also infinite mana. Also IMO it is very fun because you have to alternate kiting (with humility) and melee for Jolt.
    Light Makes Right is probably not as good as you think it is in practice - Clerics get very little crit as it is, and it's one of those things that you really wouldn't miss if you didn't have it.

The problem with your build that I'm seeing is you give up a lot just for Jolt, namely Trepidation, Corporal Punishment, Tidal Surge, a Cleanse, and Dissolution.

Jolt is great, but I would hate to run around alone in PvP without Dissolution + Cleanse, especially if you aren't slotting the PvP soul.

Just my few cents
    The issue isn't that LMR isn't that good - for Shamicars or M*A*S*H it's fantastic. I'm sitting at 35+% Crit unbuffed at R8, and I still have to upgrade from a R3 necklace.

The issue with that spec above is that it splits points between a RDPS tree and a MDPS tree, which you discuss after the point on LMR.

Splitting points that way just dilutes everything.
    Taugrim
    50 R8 Cleric @ Dayblind (Guardian) | 50 Warrior @ Harrow (Defiant)
    Twitter: @taugrim | Blog: taugrim.com
    Guides: M*A*S*H Melee Healer Cleric PVP | Riftblade Warrior PVP | Strafing / Keybindings

I can kill the NB/RS spec in 4-6 GCD's. DoT, knockback, root, and 2-4 DPS skills. Takes about 6-10 seconds. If the rogue is in a group, I can kill him faster than that.

Sure, I get some bleeds on me, but the rogue is already dead, and I just heal myself up and move on.
    Can you post the rotation that you use to kill a NB/RS in 4-6 GCDs? I'm very curious.

NB/RS in 1.5 is one of the most durable DPS specs in the game - between TS and TT they'll have no problem surviving through your burst.
    Last edited by taugrim; 11-16-2011 at 12:54 AM.
    Taugrim
    50 R8 Cleric @ Dayblind (Guardian) | 50 Warrior @ Harrow (Defiant)
    Twitter: @taugrim | Blog: taugrim.com
    Guides: M*A*S*H Melee Healer Cleric PVP | Riftblade Warrior PVP | Strafing / Keybindings

Well, this spec really good against NB/RS, it's not 4-6 GCD rogue death, of course, but i haven't found a rogue that could kill me 1 vs 1 yet.
    Btw, i don't like the idea not to go to Bewilder and Determination, cause it can really help a lot. And "Light makes us right" > "Interdict". You are dps'ing from the range radius, why should you use Interdict?
    Last edited by realerq; 11-16-2011 at 02:28 AM.
    Greatness, at any cost!
    - Dark Confidant

Something that affects my choice of spec is the use of shielding procs, these are one of our most powerful self heals currantly due the fact that they are not affected by heal debuffs and so also deprive MM's and NB's of leeched heals to some extent.

So when i compare my shammy based MASH spec with an inquisitor based version I find that the shaman via VotWS gets 2 self heals per attack compared to 1 for the inq, twice as many self heals, so twice as many shield procs.

Also has extra off GCD heals from Jolt - 2 heals, fated blow - 2 heals, Glory of the chosen, 1 heal.

Restorative tide I see as a 'must have' skill, as its another off GCD auto heal which will proc shields.

The inquisitor can get as many heals as well, but only in a defensive capacity via tabbing and vexxing and only when there are multiple targets to vex, whereas the MASH has it vs only one target and via offense. Whilst purge would be a tool i would love to have access to I just can't pull away from the better survivability of the shaman version of the spec.

I can go toe to toe with a R8 NB/RS and just stand there spamming my main attack macro and not need to heal at all, the NB dies and my HP's don't go down unless he has >100 hit then they dip a little but not enough to cause problems.

I also strongly reccomend the karuulalert addon to notify when you have lose your salvation and VotWS buffs as these are paramount to survivability via shield procs.

Quote Originally Posted by usman View Post
    Something that affects my choice of spec... etc
    Okay, to be honest, i played a lot with 3 pvp builds:
    1) Duracell PvP - 31 sham / 24 just / 10 inq
    2) MASH - 26 sham / 27 just / 13 warden
    3) DOL Inq - 27 inq / 26 just / 13 warden

Tbh, DOL Inq for me is preferable one - and survavability is a key. Yes, you do have more shield procs and heal procs from shaman, but there are many reasons to prefer inq:
    - You are ranged, and you have 2 knockbacks and 1 50% off gcd slow. It means you are always dps-ing target, no matter if it is running from you, and you can run away from melee dps and continue to dps him.
    - You produce more conviction stacks due to sanction heretic. It means you can have more self- or DoL- heals with the same dps-actions. It matters a lot.
    - You can control enemies a lot. Bewilder them, mass fear them.
    - Due to "Determination" you are immune to any of the control effects.
    - You are dps-ing more then MASH. Really. Much more. I am not talking about dps-ish play style with Soul Drain.
    - And yes, you can purge your enemies.
    Last edited by realerq; 11-16-2011 at 03:57 AM.
    Greatness, at any cost!
    - Dark Confidant

Quote Originally Posted by taugrim View Post
    Can you post the rotation that you use to kill a NB/RS in 4-6 GCDs? I'm very curious.

NB/RS in 1.5 is one of the most durable DPS specs in the game - between TS and TT they'll have no problem surviving through your burst.
    Roughly speaking, Curse of Discord, Banish, Crushing Wave, Distorted Shadows, Obliterate.

I generally run Spell Power 1800 plus. This blows up most rogues.

If not I just use a couple other small DPS skills until my Obliterate is up again.

If the rogue is in a crowd..other players or NPC's, I Curse of Solitude, Maelstrom, Sign of Asias, and Spam Tyranny.

I have Healing Breath, Ravaging Darkness, and Healing Spray for some spot healing, and sometimes I use Dark Passage to get them off of me for a couple seconds...depends on the situation.
    Last edited by Vihar; 11-16-2011 at 07:23 AM.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by taugrim View Post

The issue with that spec above is that it splits points between a RDPS tree and a MDPS tree, which you discuss after the point on LMR.

Splitting points that way just dilutes everything.
    It is played as a MDPS of course, pretty much the same as MASH. Just that you have Santion Heretic or instant BoD in your macro, (the burst is quite good when you chain for example instant BoD, Jolt and Sanction). Vex and sanction are for the main DPS contribution. I don't use shaman with-GCD attacks (no convictions). I try lots of builds and I can tell you that in practice, i find that it is not a "diluted" build as I can actually kill things while still having DOL heal and justicar >24 survivability. DPS is more or less the same than first post build, but you don't need to cast BoJ (but need melee), you lack dispell, but gain infinite mana. Compared to MASH you gain some DPS/burst, better conviction generation, but loose some survivability (dispell). Of course it is all about trade-offs and situations (in BG against 80% mages there is no reason of all these builds), I am just saying that dispite it seems a bit strange this build can work aswell (I was thinking the same as you, as I have only tried it recently)

Shadowlander

Others will pick this build apart and find faults in it or areas where they think points would be better spent. What it boils down to - are you having FUN? It took me a long time to settle on a PVP build I liked on my Cleric. I looked through the forums, checked ZAM, and finally just built my own from scratch and ended up with one almost exactly like this. I'm not the best player, I don't have the best gear nor am I the most skilled. But I have fun with this build. DPS (for a cleric, at least) isn't terrible, and you have lots of instant damage abilities when on the run (which is most of the time). The knockbacks are a blast, and I can't count the number of times they have saved my life. I'm almost always in the top few on the healing charts.

I'm glad someone did a write up about this build. It works for me - it might not work for you, but try it and see. The beauty of Rift is that you can try whatever you want until you find something you like at minimal cost.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowBuddha View Post
    Others will pick this build apart and find faults in it or areas where they think points would be better spent. What it boils down to - are you having FUN? It took me a long time to settle on a PVP build I liked on my Cleric. I looked through the forums, checked ZAM, and finally just built my own from scratch and ended up with one almost exactly like this. I'm not the best player, I don't have the best gear nor am I the most skilled. But I have fun with this build. DPS (for a cleric, at least) isn't terrible, and you have lots of instant damage abilities when on the run (which is most of the time). The knockbacks are a blast, and I can't count the number of times they have saved my life. I'm almost always in the top few on the healing charts.

I'm glad someone did a write up about this build. It works for me - it might not work for you, but try it and see. The beauty of Rift is that you can try whatever you want until you find something you like at minimal cost.
    Not to be misunderstood, I think the Justicar/Inquisitor/Warden spec is great.

I mentioned that it was my main build, and really my ONLY build, from level 1 to PVP rank 6. It worked fantastically well.

But I just don't see how this would be an anti-rogue spec.

Surviving vs a rogue is one thing.

Killing the rogue is another thing. I have tons of experience with a spec very much like this, and unless it is a really, really bad rogue, you're just not going to kill them with it.

Either they will kill you with CC, debuffs, and bleeds, or they will stealth out, or run away.

They would have to stand there like a target dummy for you to plink away at them for a long time in order to die...particuarly the NB/RS spec.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Plane Touched

But I just don't see how this would be an anti-rogue spec.
    Well maybe I didn't figth any good rogues, but whatever the spec I choose, if it has Humility and Devout Reflexion (MASH, the spec of this thread or ...), I really have no problems against rogues. Sure rogues can go away if they want, and kills are not super fast but If someone dies it won't be me.
    Last edited by Ailis; 11-16-2011 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailis View Post
    but If someone dies it won't be me.
    Exactly. Even if the rogue "goes away" you survived the attack and continue to pour out heals.

Soulwalker

How about an anti-mage spec?

Granted, I've only used this spec for a couple of days but between storm shackle and mana wrench I'm having issues. I guess I was hoping this would be a good Ember Isles spec. It just may take some time to get used too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerkuk View Post
    How about an anti-mage spec?

Granted, I've only used this spec for a couple of days but between storm shackle and mana wrench I'm having issues. I guess I was hoping this would be a good Ember Isles spec. It just may take some time to get used too.
    Interrupt Mana wrench and cleanse Storm Shackle. You have the tools.

I need more duels against Doms, but I think its doable. The bigger issue is chloro doms can cleanse our dots.
    Last edited by Delillo; 11-18-2011 at 02:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2