+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does Surging Rapids affect DoL?

Shadowlander

Default Does Surging Rapids affect DoL?

Plane Touched

Yes it does.

However 10 points in Sentinel (for the 20% crit damage/healing bonus) might arguably be better.

Also, Hammer of Virtue works with Soul Drain...
    Last edited by Israfael; 11-08-2011 at 02:03 AM.

Shadowlander

Thanks for the quick answer, but since I like to do some pvp I REALLY wanted to get cleanse... Arg what to do...
    Last edited by Xorsha; 11-08-2011 at 02:06 AM.

It does, but when you factor Mien of Honor, it ends up only being a 9ish% increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorsha View Post
    Thanks for the quick answer, but since I like to do some pvp I REALLY wanted to get cleanse... Arg what to do...
    Warden is fantastic for a 10 or 12 pt investment IMO.

You get a punt, cleanse, boost to instant-cast heals, and AoE HoT.

The 15% bonus to all instant-cast healing is competitive with getting a 20% bonus to Crit magnitude from Sentinel.
    Last edited by taugrim; 11-08-2011 at 08:14 AM.
    Taugrim
    50 R8 Cleric @ Dayblind (Guardian) | 50 Warrior @ Harrow (Defiant)
    Twitter: @taugrim | Blog: taugrim.com
    Guides: M*A*S*H Melee Healer Cleric PVP | Riftblade Warrior PVP | Strafing / Keybindings

Quote Originally Posted by taugrim View Post
    Warden is fantastic for a 10 or 12 pt investment IMO.

You get a punt, cleanse, boost to instant-cast heals, and AoE HoT.

The 15% bonus to all instant-cast healing is competitive with getting a 20% bonus to Crit magnitude from Sentinel.
    pound for pound i'd say the 15% insta cast beats the crit one, take a 40% crit rate ya will get an additional8% outbound hps (.4*.2 if my math aint too wrong today) the 15% will beat the hell out of that. (Not counting good/bad rng)
    Last edited by Alyvian; 11-08-2011 at 09:43 AM.

http://tinyurl.com/RaremobsSL < Almost complete SL rare list.

Qia

Quote Originally Posted by Alyvian View Post
    pound for pound i'd say the 15% insta cast beats the crit one, take a 40% crit rate ya will get an additional8% outbound hps (.4*.2 if my math aint too wrong today) the 15% will beat the hell out of that. (Not counting good/bad rng)
    What's up? You still trolling and being dumb?
    Ip

Rift Disciple

20% crit bonus to damage and healing to ALL abilities (If you go Sent) or 15% healing to DoL and Healing Spray (If you stick with Warden)

Seems pretty obvious to me.
    Last edited by Errosion; 11-08-2011 at 10:00 AM.
    Calady - 50 Cleric - Faeblight - Archon D'Inferni

Default Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Israfael View Post
    Yes it does.

Also, Hammer of Virtue works with Soul Drain...
    This is a very odd feature of Soul Drain that barely anybody notices, Soul Drain is affected by all "melee" passive skills and abilities, vengeance of the winterstorm, hammer of virtue mentioned and things like rage of the north all affect SDrain.
    "Who said clerics can't DPS!?" October 2011

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Alyvian View Post
    You can also get 5% spell power or 5% more healing in sentinel. Purpose in justi can make mana irrelevant, so the first tier of warden doesn't matter.

It will depend on the situation. In a raid, you're likely at 50% or more crit (unless you're just starting GSB or the like), so sentinel would work much better. in pvp, warden would probably be better, but for pvp, there are better hybrid specs (There's a big guide in a mash spec that many people like). Best bet is to make one for pve and one for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Errosion View Post
    20% crit bonus to damage and healing to ALL abilities (If you go Sent) or 15% healing to DoL and Healing Spray (If you stick with Warden)

Seems pretty obvious to me.
    It depends on your spec.

Keep in mind that 15% healing is for all instant-cast healing, not just Doctrines.

So for instant-cast heavy specs (such as mine), SR rocks.
    For cast-time healing specs, not so much.
    Taugrim
    Guides: M*A*S*H Melee Healer Cleric PVP | Riftblade Warrior PVP | Strafing / Keybindings

Rift Disciple

It depends on your spec.

Keep in mind that 15% healing is for all instant-cast healing, not just Doctrines.

So for instant-cast heavy specs (such as mine), SR rocks.
    For cast-time healing specs, not so much.
    Ah, but you are only reading it in general, not in relation to what OP posted regarding spec. If you keep Warden for the 15%, you are only boosting DoL and Healing Spray. There are no other insta-cast healing spells in that build. OR, by switching to Sentinel, you get 20% crit and damage bonus to ALL of your abilities.

I agree, that if you had more than two insta-casts, the 15% boost MAY be worthwhile. But not in the posted build by the OP.

If you keep Warden for the 15%, you are only boosting DoL and Healing Spray.
    IIRC SR doesn't buff instant-cast HoTs.

I'll test and if it does, I'll post on this thread saying so.

OR, by switching to Sentinel, you get 20% crit and damage bonus to ALL of your abilities.
    You may be misunderstanding (or miscommunicating) how Walk in the Light works.

WitL is a boost of 20% to the amount of a damage or heal when you crit.
    WitL does not boost your Crit rate, period.

The Cleric talents that provide the 20% boost all work this way (Overwhelming in Shaman, Fanatic's Faith in Inq, and WitL in Sentinel).

I agree, that if you had more than two insta-casts, the 15% boost MAY be worthwhile. But not in the posted build by the OP.
    It's not about the number of instant-cast abilities it's about the mechanics of those abilities.

DoL is an AoE. Boosting the heal on each of the your friendlies healed by 1 DoL by 15% is significant.

For an Inquisitor-heavy spec, there are some very good reasons to go with 11 points in Warden, namely
    1. you get a Cleanse (which would require 14 points in Sentinel)
    2. you get an additional knockback
    3. you get a spammable ranged attack, which is the one thing that Inquisitor lacks for kiting and running-and-gunning
    4. you get the snare/root remover
    Last edited by taugrim; 11-10-2011 at 11:06 AM.
    Taugrim

Default Hi

To sum this all up, SRapids does work with every instant cast HoT thats one of the first reasons its in that tree.
    The 15% of SR will work better for a slightly undergeared player that does not have high crit, it will do more heals on base DoL hits but less on critical hits, so if you are a heavy crit player the 10 points in sentinel are better since it will end up increasing your crit damage/heals for more than DTide/SR, DTide also affects Vex which its one of its most effective properties when mixed with Inquis but in the end if what you are building is a support build with high DPS you want to be along the lines of
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...Egoigxoqz.VhMo the 5% spell power yields more results overall and on heals than the 5% heals increase itself. Do not forget you have Healing Breath, a crit of that for a geared cleric on a build like this should be about a 3k heal or more.
    "Who said clerics can't DPS!?" October 2011

Rift Disciple

IIRC SR doesn't buff instant-cast HoTs.

I'll test and if it does, I'll post on this thread saying so.

You may be misunderstanding (or miscommunicating) how Walk in the Light works.

WitL is a boost of 20% to the amount of a damage or heal when you crit.
    WitL does not boost your Crit rate, period.

The Cleric talents that provide the 20% boost all work this way (Overwhelming in Shaman, Fanatic's Faith in Inq, and WitL in Sentinel).

It's not about the number of instant-cast abilities it's about the mechanics of those abilities.

DoL is an AoE. Boosting the heal on each of the your friendlies healed by 1 DoL by 15% is significant.

For an Inquisitor-heavy spec, there are some very good reasons to go with 11 points in Warden, namely
    1. you get a Cleanse (which would require 14 points in Sentinel)
    2. you get an additional knockback
    3. you get a spammable ranged attack, which is the one thing that Inquisitor lacks for kiting and running-and-gunning
    4. you get the snare/root remover
    Sorry, the words work in my head and I know what I'm trying to say, it just fails to relay in text. :-) 20% bonus when you crit to healing and damage. My first post was more accurate, my second, I had a lapse of typing skills.

In any case....

It does matter, how many abilities it affects as that is how often you'll be receiving the benefits of those dedicated five points. As a heavy Inq build, you won't be spamming DoL as much as you'll be hammering SH, BoJ, BoD, SD, and Vex. All of the latter will benefit from the 20% boost (as far as I'm aware of) compared to the one or two you get from SR.

It IS beneficial to go into the Warden tree for the other reasons you are discussing, especially for PvP instances, but a direct relation between SR and WitL, I do not see them as being remotely the same.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast