+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Endgame Class Question

Soulwalker

Default Endgame Class Question

I have leveled a Mage and a Cleric to 29. I have tested them both in warfronts and they are both fun. I easily top 4 or better on damage and healing with both. I am trying to decide which to level to 50. I mainly want to PvP. Does one or the other become less viable in Healing? Or does healing become mute at 50? From everything I have read the debuffs make it rough on a healer along with the ability to flag healers on the damage board for focus kills. My question is which will be less frustrating on the grind to level 8 and should I expect to play healer or damage in warfronts? I can see the mage putting out some fun utility as a Dom on the way to 8. But M.A.S.H cleric also has apeal. Some advice please? Thank you.

Rift Master

I did a lot of reading the past week or so because I took a healing role for PvP on my cleric (have not started yet due to illness). Most posts state that a healer is focused/killed as soon as possible, and you spend a lot of time running back from the GY.

Another thing that I read is that players that are healing-specced in PvP are almost non-existent.

I also have a 50 mage, but have not/will not take him into PvP as I'm not that good a player, so I have no experience there.

Also, it's not a lot of fun starting as a new PvP'er because the higher level players on the opposing team will take you out first - since you're an easy kill.

Good luck.

R
    Last edited by Raptor7; 10-21-2011 at 03:43 AM.

Soulwalker

So what I am getting from research is that for PvPers it comes down to finding something useful to do until you reach P4/5, i.e for a Mage it is contributing to the WF as a Chloro/Dom. So, my final question is what do you do as a Cleric while grinding to P4/5?

+ Reply to Thread