+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Where is the fear when seeing a DPS cleric?

Default Where is the fear when seeing a DPS cleric?

The Fear of Seeing a DPS cleric ?

It is not the same as seeing a rogue or warrior... Just the inverse. When you see a DPS cleric in a warfront on your team you do have fear of loosing.

Whn you see a DPS cleric in your expert group you fear your team will not be able to get past the trivial DPS check.

When you see a DPS cleric at a raid you wonder who's bright idea it was to bring them.

When the insults start before the countdown has ended to begin in a warfront you know there is a DPS cleric on your side.

When you win a warfront 500 -12, you know the opposing team had a DPS cleric or two.

When you see a DPS cleric in PVP, for the opposite side, you know this is going to be some good prestige.

A DPS cleric is a skygazer, they are always laying on their backs looking at the sky (dead).

A good DPS cleric, a blonde, and santa claus jump off a building at the same time. Who hits the ground first. Santa Claus ! The blond will stop for directions. We all know a good DPS cleric soul does not exist.

Who would win a shaman or an inquisitor? Neither, they would both die of old age before either one's DPS would kill the other.

How do you know the difference between a DPS cleric and a rock? A rock hurts when it hits you.

Plane Touched

Someone had a rough night as a R1 Shaman......

I've never had issues killing people with any 51 point DPS spec, granted this is at R6-8.

Personally I heal anyways because I can't carry a WF as the DPS, but I can as the healer.

Well, started out as just another clerics need a single target damage boost because no one respects them in either PVP or PVE... But halfway through I was *ATTEMPTING* to make some jokes, I really like the last one :P

Rift Disciple

QQ more plox. First of all a cabalist can put a real preasure on another team if played correctly and with others. A inq can provide more than appropriate burst to help take down an enemy. A shammicar can provide accetable burst while also supporting their team with massive heals. I've gone as high up as 300k damage done in my shammicar build while topping healing in black gardens. Far as PVE goes, I honostly couldn't care much. But why did you pick a cleric over another class in the first place if you didn't want to be focused around healing? Mage's are casters, you got 2 other callings for melee.

Right now I'm more worried about warriors and rogues far as PvP goes. The best spec for rogues has way to much survivability, and warriors has become a huge joke for the whole community to laugh at. If I were to play my warrior at current state as a main, I'd probably be a tauntaholic tank.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1869198&dateline=1316  993248

The only Fear a DPS Cleric causes is with his own team because he isn't healing...

Quote Originally Posted by Oblixt View Post
    The only Fear a DPS Cleric causes is with his own team because he isn't healing...
    I think people should have a choice on if they want heal in WFs or not. After all, they are paying their own sub and no one should dictate their playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by p3t3r1 View Post
    I think people should have a choice on if they want heal in WFs or not. After all, they are paying their own sub and no one should dictate their playstyle.
    I agree fully, but that doesn't stop the *****ing

I usually play a duracell build in WFs because its fun. I will switch to heals when needed though. The people that cry to me though because there is a Sword next to my name instead of a + is laughable, especially when I go ahead and take first in heals anyway ><

Quote Originally Posted by Zeradin View Post
    But why did you pick a cleric over another class in the first place if you didn't want to be focused around healing? .
    Because the classes have roles and are supposed to be able to function equally among the roles they have. Did I want TANK/DPS/SUPPORT ? No I did not want the warrior or the rogue. Did I want DPS/SUPPORT/HEAL? No I did not want the mage. Did I want DPS/TANK/HEAL yes, I wanted to tank and DPS in the flavor of a cleric. Now you mention heals? Yes, they were an option - AN OPTION - I saw the healing side of the cleric, as just a soul I brought out when the real healer left 3/4 the way through a dungeon.

The warrior does not have support? Oh, but they did when I started rift.

I agree fully, but that doesn't stop the *****ing

I usually play a duracell build in WFs because its fun. I will switch to heals when needed though. The people that cry to me though because there is a Sword next to my name instead of a + is laughable, especially when I go ahead and take first in heals anyway ><
    Maybe laughing and bashing is the only way to get others to take notice of the intolerable state of cleric dps. Let them laugh, let them bash, let them notice, let them point.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeradin View Post
    But why did you pick a cleric over another class in the first place if you didn't want to be focused around healing?
    Care to explain why clerics have more DPS souls than Healing souls? Doesn't seemed "focused around healing" to me.

Wait let me guess, half our trees are just for leveling purposes right? lolz
    Last edited by Oblixt; 10-12-2011 at 09:07 AM.

Rift Chaser

Care to explain why clerics have more DPS souls than Healing souls? Doesn't seemed "focused around healing" to me.

Wait let me guess, half our trees are just for leveling purposes right? lolz
    I find it funny that we have more DPS souls than healing souls for the simple fact that our Single Target (which is what the majority of the souls focus on) is simply laughable. A Cabalist has incredible AE damage, but from what I've heard it's getting a nerf in 1.6.

So after 1.6 not only does our single target damage still suck but we're also losing some AE damage. If we're slowly being chipped down into the cliche healing class in other MMO's, what then makes us so unique in RIFT which advertised that it was unique and allowed us to play how we wanted? My Inquisicar does just fine in groups and often is a large portion of the DPS it has in PUGs but in pvp a very few Clerics will put out numbers above mine in a single target oriented WF where I'm actually going after the enemy and not defending.

To be fair, though, our melee Cleric brothers can put out some very good single target damage when built and played correctly. It's our ranger damage that seems laughable. As I said, Cabalist has awesome AE potential, but is getting nerfed afaik. So now our caster dps is getting another hit when, outside of an AE setting, it's already laughable in most situations. It's depressing.

Someone was even talking about it in level chat the other day that Clerics should have the lowest damage of all the souls and the majority of people agreed. I agree and disagree. It SHOULD be the lowest, but it should still make people think "Oh damn, a DPS Cleric.. This will be a tough fight." It shouldn't be how it is now, "Oh damn, a DPS Cleric.. Time to plant my face on the keyboard and move it from side to side then post it on youtube" or "Damnit a DPS Cleric on my team.. Time to afk at the graveyard for this WF."
    Quote Originally Posted by imBad View Post
    This is not a game with competitive pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ainew View Post
    If you want different tiers for pvp and "competitive" pvp this is the wrong game for you by a long shot.

I would totally agree with the "should be lowest" if we could switch roles in combat. Most people seem to think we're the only calling that can switch roles in combat and using our OP macro of:

#show LolClerics
    suppresscallingfailures
    role 1
    cast Tank Entire Instance
    role 2
    cast Heal Entire Shard to Full
    role 3
    cast One Shot All Mobs
    /dance
    /bunnyhop
    Last edited by Oblixt; 10-12-2011 at 09:55 AM.

Rift Chaser

I honestly think all of our DPS trees should get something to both satisfy us and keep the whiners at bay.. Like a buff at either 0 or 10 points-- Increasing damage output and reducing healing by our heals (like the Justi buff, only modified). Just something to give us a trade off of healing for just raw damage.

But then I suspect people would QQ at Cabalist even more with such a buff and tell us to roll a mage if we wanna pewpew.

It would need to be a non-toggle buff and probably easiest to balance at 0 points in DPS souls. The issue then becomes that it practically would nullify all of our support roles like the MASH Cleric build, Inquisicar, etc. But it's a trade-off, raw damage or raw healing. I'm hesitant but I think I'd like it better that way.
    Last edited by Kyoji; 10-12-2011 at 10:14 AM.
    If you want different tiers for pvp and "competitive" pvp this is the wrong game for you by a long shot.

I mentioned once in a "Why don't we have a baseline mechanic like all other callings?!?" thread that maybe something like a DPS/Heal balance could be of use. Each time you cast a heal, you get a slight healing bonus up to max. If/when you cast a dps skill, it removes/reduces that buff. Also goes same for DPS, balance increases damage slightly to a cap, then casting a heal removes/reduces that.

But meh, too close to some other game and no one liked it there either ><

Rift Chaser

With the way they have the game mechanics they can't give us one without nerfing the other and honestly we desperately need what healing power we have just to compete with Chloromancers. A 0 point buff in our DPS trees is the only thing I can think off that would kill both birds with one stone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast