+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shaman BiS Spreadsheet

Default Shaman BiS Spreadsheet

Hey everyone,

I wanted to have a spreadsheet just for those of us Shaman Clerics.
    This spreadsheet is designed to assist in evaluating individual upgrades as they drop.
    Those of you that also use Radak's Justicar spreadsheet will notice that it is very similar and works in the exact same way.

How it works:
    1. Select your current gear on the Equipped Gear tab.
    2. Select your Focus Requirement on the Equipped Tab (This is VERY Important).
    3. Set your spec and select your raid buffs on the Spec + Buffs tab.
    Once you have done all of this input you will now get an EP value on each item that is customized to your current stats and focus requirements. The EP value on each item will update each time you change gear to reflect your new stats.

Though Crit has been down ranked due to the change with Lust for Blood it is still important for Jolt, as such Crit will still be highly valued to certain levels. Through my own testing I was able to determine that 30% crit is the minimum requirement to keep Jolt on CD. As such you will have the following EP values applied during the calculations
    Crit < 30% = 1.75
    Crit >= 30% and <40% = 2.15
    Crit >=40% = 3.51

Please note that my EP calculations do include Focus and as such are a bit experimental at this point. I have done thorough testing, but if any issues are found please let me know.

Finally if you would like any gear added please post the item here with the full name and all stats. Currently this spreadsheet does not include much below the first level of raid gear.

And here is the link.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...tLcHc&hl=en_US

Rift Master

Nice work!

Question on Lifebound Relic... I assume you are using that for the Salvation ticks you get from 4 points from Justicar. Is the uptime enough to justify the trinket?

Oh, and you SO should make an Inquisitor version. I love you long time for that :P

With both lifebound relic and lost favor I haven't been able to determine up time as it is not currently supported within the combat log. In fact this applies to most of the proc trinkets.

At this point I simply have them in there with the amount that they proc for. Once I am able to get good numbers on actual up time I will update the numbers to reflect that up time.

To give an example of what I'm looking at for good numbers here, I tested Invigorating Runeshard on a dummy with my normal single target macro for about 80 minutes and was able to get a result of 78.8% up time. Once you factor that up time into the 50 crit you end up with 39.4 crit (which is what I have in the spreadsheet).

If anyone can provided me with good data to determine the up time for different proc trinkets off of that would be a big help. I'm working on an addon that will be able to do this, but I'm just learning lua so it may be a bit.

As for an Inquisitor version, I have been tossing around the idea of expanding this to all DPS specs. Though I do not know if or when I will get to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    With both lifebound relic and lost favor I haven't been able to determine up time as it is not currently supported within the combat log. In fact this applies to most of the proc trinkets.

At this point I simply have them in there with the amount that they proc for. Once I am able to get good numbers on actual up time I will update the numbers to reflect that up time.

To give an example of what I'm looking at for good numbers here, I tested Invigorating Runeshard on a dummy with my normal single target macro for about 80 minutes and was able to get a result of 78.8% up time. Once you factor that up time into the 50 crit you end up with 39.4 crit (which is what I have in the spreadsheet).

If anyone can provided me with good data to determine the up time for different proc trinkets off of that would be a big help. I'm working on an addon that will be able to do this, but I'm just learning lua so it may be a bit.

As for an Inquisitor version, I have been tossing around the idea of expanding this to all DPS specs. Though I do not know if or when I will get to that point.
    For a melee spec the Invigorating Runeshard is 100 melee crit (50 melee + 50 spell that is converted into melee)
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

yes it is 100 if it is 100% up time. Like I said I was able to parse about 80 minutes of continuous attacking on a dummy and determined an up time of 78.8% which equated to 39.4 crit. That crit is then being added to melee crit, in addition to spell crit if you have that rune selected. I have melee crit calculating exactly as it does in game, so anything that is added to spell crit will get copied over to melee crit.

Just a quick not for everyone.

On the Spec + Buffs page you will see a soul selection area in the top left. This is extremely important, if you do not change these than it will not include any changes made to different souls in the calculations.

To give an example, if you use warden instead of justicar. So you change the points in justicar to 0 and the points in warden to 4, but do not change the souls selection. It will not include the points in warden in the calculations.

yes it is 100 if it is 100% up time. Like I said I was able to parse about 80 minutes of continuous attacking on a dummy and determined an up time of 78.8% which equated to 39.4 crit. That crit is then being added to melee crit, in addition to spell crit if you have that rune selected. I have melee crit calculating exactly as it does in game, so anything that is added to spell crit will get copied over to melee crit.
    100 phys crit at 80% uptime should be 80 crit, not 40
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    100 phys crit at 80% uptime should be 80 crit, not 40
    OK your not quite getting what I'm saying here. The way Invigorating Runeshard works is that it adds 50 crit to melee and spell. Because of Faith in Action, that 50 spell crit is then converted into melee crit so you have 50 spell crit and 50+50 melee crit.

The way it works in my spreadsheet is the exact same, when selected the rune adds 39.4 spell crit and 39.4 melee crit. For the calculation of the total melee crit it first takes the value of the spell crit, and then adds in any crit from dex and any melee crit from runes/gear and buffs. Thus the 39.4 is being doubled within the calculations.

If you want to see it in work, take a look at the Calcs Tab. You will see 39.4 in the Physical Crit section for gear+runes. You will also see ###.4 for the Spell Crit from gear+runes. To follow that go to the Runes tab and scroll all the way to the bottom and the right, in the third box up you will find 39.4 2 times (this is for calculations reasons, it is not doubled here). Thus you have 39.4 being added to both Spell and Melee Crit.

Now to the calculation of the Melee Crit, back to the Calcs tab. If you look at the total Physical Crit, you will see the formula =(0.5*F5)+(0.5*F6)+F9+C13+D13+E13. To explain this you have =(0.5*Str)+(0.5*Dex)+Spell Crit+Phys Crit (grea+runes)+phys crit (base)+phys crit (buffs)

I did however notice a mistake I had over looked while looking at all of this in that the three physical crit boxes were not being added in as I had thought they were, I have fixed that now.

OK your not quite getting what I'm saying here. The way Invigorating Runeshard works is that it adds 50 crit to melee and spell. Because of Faith in Action, that 50 spell crit is then converted into melee crit so you have 50 spell crit and 50+50 melee crit.

The way it works in my spreadsheet is the exact same, when selected the rune adds 39.4 spell crit and 39.4 melee crit. For the calculation of the total melee crit it first takes the value of the spell crit, and then adds in any crit from dex and any melee crit from runes/gear and buffs. Thus the 39.4 is being doubled within the calculations.

If you want to see it in work, take a look at the Calcs Tab. You will see 39.4 in the Physical Crit section for gear+runes. You will also see ###.4 for the Spell Crit from gear+runes. To follow that go to the Runes tab and scroll all the way to the bottom and the right, in the third box up you will find 39.4 2 times (this is for calculations reasons, it is not doubled here). Thus you have 39.4 being added to both Spell and Melee Crit.

Now to the calculation of the Melee Crit, back to the Calcs tab. If you look at the total Physical Crit, you will see the formula =(0.5*F5)+(0.5*F6)+F9+C13+D13+E13. To explain this you have =(0.5*Str)+(0.5*Dex)+Spell Crit+Phys Crit (grea+runes)+phys crit (base)+phys crit (buffs)

I did however notice a mistake I had over looked while looking at all of this in that the three physical crit boxes were not being added in as I had thought they were, I have fixed that now.
    Yeah, that's what I meant Thought you were neglecting the 50 spell crit.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric

Rift Master

Hm. Noticed one troubling thing with the sheet... Sharing. I was fiddling round with it and notice the gear I had selected kept changing. I then realised that someone else was in there with me, and we were essentially confusing each other, hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by KarthosNZ View Post
    Hm. Noticed one troubling thing with the sheet... Sharing. I was fiddling round with it and notice the gear I had selected kept changing. I then realised that someone else was in there with me, and we were essentially confusing each other, hehe.
    This is why I don't use Google Docs

I believe you can get around this with Gadgets but I haven't had the time to get this all working. Check out Radak's sheets maybe for another input method that doesn't potentially break the sheet for others. I am interested in any solution you discover.

I'm fairly sure I have mine setup the exact same as radak's, but I will check with him to see if I missed anything.

Champion of Telara

Ok time to ask a noob question even though I have been around a long time. With all the changes that have happend... and with who knows what comes down the line... should I be pushing SP higher than SC?

THis is for both the Shaman and the Inquisitor. I think the answer is now yes. But want to make sure.

With a 220 focus and around 1150 self buff SP and 29.3% SC I parse around 900-1k DPS using OathSmasher.

Using the same gear with about he same SC I am getting around 700 DPS as Inquisitor.

I run the standard macro for the shaman, and no macros for Inquis.

I am just wondering if my damage is with in the curve for my SP/SC levels and if I should push for more SC over SP at this point or keep adding SP and let the SC catch up with regular gear upgrades?
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

30% is right around where SC starts to drop off for Shaman. At that point you will have Jolt on CD pretty much all the time, and that is the only reason to have crit (other than the extra dmg). After 30% getting more SP is your best bet, but you still want to maintain that 30% or more SC.

Just bumping this back up.

Though I created this for shaman's I am working on updating it to be a Cleric DPS BiS Spreadsheet. I'll post once I have it updated.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast