+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleric p8 pvp weapon

Shadowlander

Default Cleric p8 pvp weapon

What is generally regarded as the best weapon for dps and also for healing that can be bought/upgraded at p8?

I know the PvE weapons are better but what is the best: 2-H Hammer, the 2-H Staff, or the 1-H Hammer + Totem? Or is the difference between the 3 negligible?

I originally bought the p8 warhammer because I used a 2h for my solo spec and raiding. When I heard about the 1.5 changes to Spell power I went and got the mace/book.

I've been using the mace/book for all of my ranged dps or healing since it gives more stats then the 2h (other then crit). Staff only gives a small amount of crit over the 2h.

If you are a healer or ranged dps I'd go with mace/book.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

for PVP purposes i'd go with the mace/offhand as it provides more endurance. and if you're healing/range dpsing the spellpower will do better. I got the 2h mace first and when 1.5 nearby'd i got the mace/offhand. I still use both, just place a focus enchant on the 2h (As many dps clerics run shaman, a 2h wep is better for melee dps) and use it for pve and leave the mace/offhand for pvp.
    PVP Cleric from Seastone

Qia

If you cannot receive a Relic 2 Hander weapon from GSB or 2hander weapon from HK, you SHOULD buy 2 hander mace.

My reasoning.
    Yes, 1hander+off-hand is better then 2Hander for PvP Healing. It has better stats. But by buying the 1h+oh combo you disable your melee dps souls. This is a big nerf to AOE farm, melee pvp dps.
    Ip

Disabling melee DPS souls is no big deal, If you've reached Rank 8 they're not needed for anything at all.

Duracell is a crutch spec for undergeared people, melee DPS is inferior to inquisitor/inquisicar/cabicar/cabalist no reason to use melee souls for anything except justicar tanking.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

Rift Disciple

Doesn't the lack of critical concern you? I find 25% for a rank 8 player completely unacceptable.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by usman View Post
    Disabling melee DPS souls is no big deal, If you've reached Rank 8 they're not needed for anything at all.

Duracell is a crutch spec for undergeared people, melee DPS is inferior to inquisitor/inquisicar/cabicar/cabalist no reason to use melee souls for anything except justicar tanking.
    They should just delete the specs right? I mean it's not like anyone should play them for fun or anything. Min/max it or **** right.

Shadowlander

According to the BiS guide by Bowler Hat:
    Soothsayer's Greatstaff > Archangelic's Warhammer
    for SP and SC

+ Reply to Thread