+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: cleric role question in regards to end game

Default cleric role question in regards to end game

is the duracell cleric build worth it as a main role in regards to raiding and other end game or is it too much of a situational build to be worth doing so? currently im running it and Inquisitor and was curious if i could pursue the game as duracell main or should i just go Inquisitor and have duracell on the side as a "in case its needed" role

thanks

Plane Touched

It's OK for questing and such, but that's about it. Really at end game it's time to pick a role and go with it. Duracell is designed to have a little bit of everything so you can grind away. So what role do you want to fill primarily?

either go with inquisitor or shaman51 if its any good

Quote Originally Posted by Nekonix View Post
    It's OK for questing and such, but that's about it. Really at end game it's time to pick a role and go with it. Duracell is designed to have a little bit of everything so you can grind away. So what role do you want to fill primarily?
    so i guess to say dps. i have the inquisitor build but do u know the shaman51 build?

Plane Touched

I personally prefer Inquisitor because I like the play style. Shaman is melee DPS, so go with the one whose play style suits you.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Nekonix View Post
    *cough*

http://www.raidrifts.com/report/view...257747/296808/

I run duracell during these raids, with a slight change in the spec to take the interrupt. Look at the healing done.

Jolen we run just me, a single cleric hearler and a bard. That's pretty much it.

We are still working through GSB, some of the mechanics are killing a good part of the group, which is in turn killing us. If we aren't too melee heavy, I'm usually up in the middle of all that helping dps, keeping the melee's alive as well as helping the tank heal too.

Yes, the duracell is stronger in the solo arena, and there's better specs, but I ask the raid leader if I should switch the specs up to be more dmg focus or keep it, he tells me to keep it cause it helps a lot.

I think once we get the mechanics down better, I'll be able to change into something more robust. And for an established "we have everything but HK on farm now for 8 months" guild, it's not that great.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by alshara View Post
    *cough*

I run duracell during these raids, with a slight change in the spec to take the interrupt. Look at the healing done.

Jolen we run just me, a single cleric hearler and a bard. That's pretty much it.

We are still working through GSB, some of the mechanics are killing a good part of the group, which is in turn killing us. If we aren't too melee heavy, I'm usually up in the middle of all that helping dps, keeping the melee's alive as well as helping the tank heal too.

Yes, the duracell is stronger in the solo arena, and there's better specs, but I ask the raid leader if I should switch the specs up to be more dmg focus or keep it, he tells me to keep it cause it helps a lot.

I think once we get the mechanics down better, I'll be able to change into something more robust. And for an established "we have everything but HK on farm now for 8 months" guild, it's not that great.
    I use inquisicar for support healing. Personal preference I suppose. I don't think it makes that big of a deal either way really.

Duracell is not a Raid build :P

Its nice for questing and soloing, and even then, there are probably better builds as you gear up. For raids, start with a solid pure healing build. Puri/Sent, Warden/Sent. You need zero focus for either of these and they can put out alot of healing.

When you get your focus up to 220, you can take on a Senticar build. Senticars are really good at that particular gear level and will contribute some dps along with healing which will help your guild start to progress through RoS and the last bosses of GSB.

Once you can get to about 1300 spellpower and 220+focus, you can try out a shamicar build. Shamicars can do alot more DPS than Senticars and close to same healing. For pure dps, druid and shaman are about the same at that point, but theres really no reason not to have 11 just in your build during that point since your guild is not looking to u for fat deeps. At this same time you want to be collecting focus to get up to 320 for HK.

If your SP gets to about 1600 you can use Inquisicar, and by this time Pure DPS builds start to open up for you. With 320 Focus you can star Cab and Full Inq. Shamn starts to fall off in DPS, and you will want to be selective where you use Cab. Shamicar and Inquisicar are great soloing and farming builds.

For pure healing 51 Puri starts to shine past Murdantix, as it will give your Tank a shot at living through some huge new damage your not used to seeing in Matron. As raid deeps grows, the need for 51 puri drops though, and if you are a pure healer you will probably be puri/sent or war/sent. I'm sure you will know what your doing by the time you reach the tentacles in HK :P

Sunspots the Retired
    Once R8 Guardian Cleric of Seastone
    Proud Alumni of [breaking bads]

Observe my Past Glory in Video Format here!!

Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar

duracell isn't all that bad for raiding, does a bit of dps and can do a lot of hps too. if you want to fully min max going to want to check out inquisicar, shamicar, puricar, senticar, and well pretty much everything with -icar.

going to want a different spec for pure dps though. 51 druid, shaman, or inquisitor seem to be the better specs in that respect. although 51 cabby seems like it would be nuts for aoe dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunspots View Post
    Duracell is not a Raid build :P

Its nice for questing and soloing, and even then, there are probably better builds as you gear up. For raids, start with a solid pure healing build. Puri/Sent, Warden/Sent. You need zero focus for either of these and they can put out alot of healing.

When you get your focus up to 220, you can take on a Senticar build. Senticars are really good at that particular gear level and will contribute some dps along with healing which will help your guild start to progress through RoS and the last bosses of GSB.

Once you can get to about 1300 spellpower and 220+focus, you can try out a shamicar build. Shamicars can do alot more DPS than Senticars and close to same healing. For pure dps, druid and shaman are about the same at that point, but theres really no reason not to have 11 just in your build during that point since your guild is not looking to u for fat deeps. At this same time you want to be collecting focus to get up to 320 for HK.

If your SP gets to about 1600 you can use Inquisicar, and by this time Pure DPS builds start to open up for you. With 320 Focus you can star Cab and Full Inq. Shamn starts to fall off in DPS, and you will want to be selective where you use Cab. Shamicar and Inquisicar are great soloing and farming builds.

For pure healing 51 Puri starts to shine past Murdantix, as it will give your Tank a shot at living through some huge new damage your not used to seeing in Matron. As raid deeps grows, the need for 51 puri drops though, and if you are a pure healer you will probably be puri/sent or war/sent. I'm sure you will know what your doing by the time you reach the tentacles in HK :P
    This makes me no longer want to play the class. I know I'm a cleric and heal and all that good stuff but I like the class for its DPS roles and if I have to go through all that just to get to that point I honestly don't see a reason for me to even want to bother. I'm better off just not even caring about raiding if this is the norm for Clerics or just rerolling.

Quote Originally Posted by greenday4425 View Post
    This makes me no longer want to play the class. I know I'm a cleric and heal and all that good stuff but I like the class for its DPS roles and if I have to go through all that just to get to that point I honestly don't see a reason for me to even want to bother. I'm better off just not even caring about raiding if this is the norm for Clerics or just rerolling.
    It's not so bad, cleric hybrids are actually the one of the strongest raid healers you can bring (and they're pretty fun to play). You just need to make sure you have the appropriate focus for the particular raid tier you're doing. Gear is not all that hard to get now with the the crafted armors, two 10 mans and Master Mode DD all dropping T1 raid gear equivalents.

See my sig for a list of hybrid builds, other than that sent/puri is great for MT healing or shaman/inquisitor are fun when you don't have to do either and get to DPS.

Though if you want to just DPS in raids you probably want to strongly consider rerolling a rogue or warrior. Clerics are the bottom of the barrel in terms of pure DPS, we really shine in our versatility and healing synergy.
    afk tera.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by alshara View Post
    *cough*

How is 21% of your damage coming from spotters order? you're literally doing the majority of your dps due to that by a landslide.

Quote Originally Posted by rantology View Post
    It's not so bad, cleric hybrids are actually the one of the strongest raid healers you can bring (and they're pretty fun to play). You just need to make sure you have the appropriate focus for the particular raid tier you're doing. Gear is not all that hard to get now with the the crafted armors, two 10 mans and Master Mode DD all dropping T1 raid gear equivalents.

See my sig for a list of hybrid builds, other than that sent/puri is great for MT healing or shaman/inquisitor are fun when you don't have to do either and get to DPS.

Though if you want to just DPS in raids you probably want to strongly consider rerolling a rogue or warrior. Clerics are the bottom of the barrel in terms of pure DPS, we really shine in our versatility and healing synergy.
    ok I took that Inquisicar build from your sig. will that be sufficent for T1 and T2s?

Quote Originally Posted by greenday4425 View Post
    ok I took that Inquisicar build from your sig. will that be sufficent for T1 and T2s?
    Yep you should be fine.
    afk tera.

Quote Originally Posted by rantology View Post
    Yep you should be fine.
    Can I ask why you wouldn't put 14 in Justi for Mandate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast