+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is harsh discipline bugged?

Telaran

Default Is harsh discipline bugged?

"Harsh discipline", in inquisitor tree, works the same way as "agressive renewal" and "Nysyr Rebuke".(3 spells channeled other 3 seconds. )

First issue, "agressive renewal" and "Nysyr Rebuke" both ticks 4 times while "Harsh discipline" ticks only 3 times. 25% damage loss.

2nd issue, according to tooltip "Harsh discipline" is supposed to deal same amount of damage as "Nysyr Rebuke". It actually harldy deals more damage than "agressive renewal" which is available sooner in Inquistor tree.It is likely be a tool tip error. But still I would expect "Harsh discipline" to do significantly more damage than "agressive renewal" and i wonder if there is not also a bug there.

3rd issuem I do not think is a bug but standard behavior of channeled spells. If the spell gets resisted at start, it stops. I would expect it to continue, with each tick getting a separate chance to get resisted. Channelled spells do not need that , they are already a pain to use: You need to stand still, you can get easily interrupted(bye bye long CD) and you are drawing a line to indicate your targer where you are attacking from.

All in all harsh discipline looks like the weakest attack of the Inquisitor at the moment and its healing component is very underwhelming compared to other options offered to clerics.
    Last edited by imzaan; 10-04-2011 at 02:26 PM.

You actually try to use it? You are a rare and brave person. . . . . I don't even spec for it in my 44 point Inquisenticar build, and in my 51 point dps build it's not even on my hotbar. Sanction Heretic, Vex, Nysyr's Rebuke, then BoJ spam until BoD procs. Fanaticism (when it's up) on SH or BoD. Rinse and Repeat -- no need for the crappy Harsh Discipline at all.

Rift Chaser

Channeled spells also lose ticks if you're being hit while channeling them (or some of them do anyway). They are also LoS-able now as well (which was kinda needed tbh).

But yeah, that spell should just be replaced. Anything would be better honestly. It does very little damage and the healing isn't noticeable either. So I agree, you are indeed a very rare and brave soul to even use it. That or are new to the game. Either way, if you're not going 51, spec out of it. If you ARE going 51, take it off your bar and forget it even existed.

Telaran

Actually i do not use it. And that is my issue when playing a 51 cab.I wanted to check why on earth this ability was so crap and tested it on dummies.

What I would have liked to know if it was indeed some bug, in which case there is hope, or if it is just bad design. I can not find it mentionned in known issues list.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by imzaan View Post
    Actually i do not use it. And that is my issue when playing a 51 cab.I wanted to check why on earth this ability was so crap and tested it on dummies.

What I would have liked to know if it was indeed some bug, in which case there is hope, or if it is just bad design. I can not find it mentionned in known issues list.
    It is indeed a known issue, however it isn't thought of as being bugged. I'm pretty sure the phrase is "working as intended".

The skill is just utter crap.

Ascendant

I did a bit of _casual_ (!) testing and found it to be _just_ worth keeping in a rotation on a spec that had the 5% extra damage for DOTs and channnels from the Cabalist tree.
    Last edited by Malark; 10-05-2011 at 08:27 AM.

+ Reply to Thread