Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: CABALIST -- The PVE Build & Rotation Guide 1.5

Default CABALIST -- The PVE Build & Rotation Guide 1.5

Cabalist – The Official How To
    The Spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10odj.EtAqtAkdk.Vez.z
    (you can switch 1 from Unholy Tutelage to Aggressive Renewal if you want)

This is a short and sweet guide. I’m not going to go into the whole aspect of using numbers to verify why you should use this, or use that. Chances are if your looking to try out Cabalist in raids you’ve been using Inquisitor already. The PLOPLES will say that if you don’t have X amount of gear from HK then cabalist might not be beneficial to you. If these people were in Texas I’d take them to the strip club and have a grand ole time cause chances are they haven’t got out much lately. I’m not going to Justify every skill I use in rotations, though I will say I’m in a 6/10 HK guild and I’ve done every fight so far as Cabalist. So if you have a phat line and are ready to do this, let’s get down to the good stuff.

So, the rotation. Single target is quite simple, This is used only when you are focusing on 1 mob.

#show Curse of Discord
    Suppressmacrofailures
    cast Curse of Discord
    cast Obliterate
    cast Dark Water
    cast Distorted Shadows
    cast Sanction Heretic

When this rotation is done (everything is on cool down) you start spamming Shadow’s Touch. You can generally get in 2 or 3 of them before Curse of Discord comes back up. Once COD is back up, just go back through the macro using the abilities. Don’t cancel your Distorted Shadows. TIP - I have all the spells in this macro on my action bars to see which ones are on CD if i suddenly start the aoe rotation mid single target rotation.

AOE Rotation on 3 or more mobs.

AOE is all about how many targets are currently out. Lets take Herald in ROS for example. You will use the Single target rotation until the adds come out. Right when they spawn, I start to cast Bound Fate. This gives the tank the time needed to grab adds. Rotation until there are only 2 adds out: ( I do not use macros for aoe)

Bound Fate > Tyranny > Soul Drain > Shadow’s Touch > Tyranny > Shadow’s Touch >

When the last Shadow’s Touch is done casting Bound Fate should be back up. Yes, you have to be in melee for Soul Drain. Suck it up Mayne. It’s a simple rotation you use while there are AT LEAST 3 mobs you are attacking. Once youre sure the tank has aggro on adds, pop Sign of Asias and get in as many Tyrannys as you can (usually 4 or 5). Bound Fate actually loses you DPS if there are only 2 mobs. Once there are only 2 mobs left ( 1 add + Herald ) the rotation is

Tyranny > Soul Drain > Shadow’s Touch > Tyranny > Shadow’s Touch > Shadow’s Touch

I have done Matron with only spamming Shadow’s Touch and Soul drain when there is only Matron + 1 add. It was a definite DPS loss. Thus why I include tyranny in a 2 mob rotation.

THINGS TO WATCH OUT FOR—

Aggro: We have great burst damage. Use it wisely. A dead Cleric is a sad day.

Curse of Solitude: This curse does damage to up to 5 mobs around the cursed mob. When you are having to move and there are a lot of adds out, this is a great thing to use.

Maelstrom: Does give aid to round up adds sometimes on certain fights. Use it wisely

Vile Power: Use this instead of Tyranny in your rotation when you are at about 65% mana. You should never run out of mana in this spec.

GO CABALIST—its fun, and you will be surprised by your DPS. Get this spec, go to the target dummies and practice. Typical fights im always Cabalist on:

All of GS except Hylas
    All of ROS Except Duke / Plutonus (herald is my highest parse to date, ~3500)
    HK: Zilas, Matron

I welcome comments and concerns. Happy CABALISTING Muah!
    Last edited by Sonic Rain Boom; 11-05-2011 at 07:42 AM.
    User received an infraction for this post

50 Cleric (Rank 5)
    Cabalist & Inquisitor Extraordinaire

Hi Santent,

I use cabalist on both Matron and Zilas as well; however, I use a different spec and rotation (11inq/4sen). Using this spec with a few pieces of HK gear (Stave of the Steward mostly), I parsed just under 3.3k on matron and 2.4k on Zilas. I can see that having soul drain may look good on paper, but without speccing for clinging spirit, I'm left wondering how useful it is to have soul drain in your rotation. Also, how do you deal with soul drain in fights like Zamira where being in melee range is the most likely place to die?

RIFT Guide Writer

I run 51 cabalist/11 inquisitor/4 warden. Since most of your aoe dps will come from your decays+curse of solitude, this spec seems to parse higher than others.

Also, we usually have an inquisicar keep up clinging spirit; otherwise, a full 51 inquisitor will.
    4/4 Grim Awakening (US-First) 3/3 Infinity Gate (World-First) 5/5 Planebreaker Bastion (World-First)
    Legendary Pokemon Captured: Greenscale (World-First) Akylios (US-Second) Laethys (World-First)
    Officer of <Vendetta>

Matron is the only fight where soul drain takes a slight hit from not being useful. Depending on how high gestation gets up to you can still stand in melee range and soul drain. Once gestation gets high enough ill stand at range and just use bound fate, shadows toucha nd tyranny. Other fights like zilas or herald where there is no real danger of being in melee range soul drain is superb in the rotation. I was 51 cab / 11 inq / 4 ward, i also tried 51 / 11 / 4 sent . The dps increase from picking up Soul Drain is substantial. It does require some moving around on GCD's to stay in range sometimes, But thats what your instant casts are for. You can even go 51 cab / 15 inq to have a pvp soul open for break free. Like i said, i dont crunch numbers. If you feel like doing it go try it out :-D
    Last edited by Santent; 10-03-2011 at 02:07 PM.

50 Cleric (Rank 5)

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    I run 51 cabalist/11 inquisitor/4 warden. Since most of your aoe dps will come from your decays+curse of solitude, this spec seems to parse higher than others.
    4 warden is actually useless with cabalist over all, especially on matron. From my matron kill on Thursday curse of solitude accounted for a meager 2.8% of my dmg. and the warden talent does NOT effect decay.

51 cab/11 inq/4 sent is the best spec.

as for aoe rotations go I use a very simple rotation and utilize a macro to make it even easier.

#show Bound Fate
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Curse of Solitude
    cast Bound Fate
    cast Shadow's Touch

is my macro, I have Tyranny on the key next to it.

rotation is macro 2-3 times and then Tyranny and repeat. You decide 2 or 3 depending on cast speed and where Solitude falls so that you can get to 3 Tyranny without having to wait for it after a second cast.

During the Add phase on Matron I use Sign of Asias and spam Tyranny, then after Asias is up I go into a 1 macro > Tyranny rotation to get as many Tyranny off as possible to get the adds down faster.

Thats all I do the entire fight and I am usually in the 3.2k-3.6k DPS range.

Im guessing on your "3.2k+" parses of Matron you have a tank that actually keeps aggro on the adds and he holds them in range of cleaving off of Matron. A nice commodity, considering the off tank my guild has constantly loses aggro and people still dont run to the boss to drop the add off when they have the debuff, so adds are constantly being single targetted away from Matron. This is after 2 months mind you, kinda absurd. The higest i've ever parsed on matron is 2700, considering the previous circumstances. Oh what a blessing to be able to actually aoe the adds the entire time.. /wrists.
    Last edited by Santent; 10-04-2011 at 08:40 AM.

50 Cleric (Rank 5)

Nice writeup. Very similar to what a guildmate suggested and I took him up on it. Cabalist is frigin awesome!

Santent, what is your opinion on our Synergy Crystal and Greater Essence?

I would like to add a slight gear dependent modification. IF you have a trinket or something that procs on healing and would give you more bang for your buck than a different trinket + 1% SP then consider removing Sentinel and adding Justicar. The 40% to heal yourself works on all your attacks including each AoE attack and you can essentially have 100% up time.

I believe the trinket, that I never win rolls on, from GSB gives like 68sp and the lessor version, that I never win rolls on, lost favor gets like 40 something SP.

I would also like to add that Tyranny is a great spell to cast on the move while you position yourself for Soul Drain.

People always focus on the DMG of cabi as it is awesome, but don't forget we have an AoE 7 second silence that you can use on casters so they run to your tank. An AoE 2 second stun you can use as soon as you see you have agro to give your tank a moment longer to respond.

In DH you have a 5 second, 15 sec cd root and a no cooldown 50% snare.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MaddBomber83 View Post
    People always focus on the DMG of cabi as it is awesome, but don't forget we have an AoE 7 second silence that you can use on casters so they run to your tank.
    10 enemies, 7 meters, 5 seconds

Soulwalker

I've parsed 3729 on matron last Wed. The highest i have parsed on that fight. Breaking 4k is very do-able. I am trying for that on next reset.

Our off tank does seem to lose aggro a few times on the adds. But most of us drop them off close to the center for him to pick up.

Parse :

http://www.raidrifts.com/report/view...165223/219660/

BigFred
    <Conquest> BigFred

Rift Disciple

Just my two cents. I prefer to keep Soul Drain in my Cabalist build. I'm not sure why people are saying that you can't use it on Matron at higher stacks.

You don't have to be "in" melee range to use Soul Drain, you just have to be near melee range. I can hit from the edge of the circle no problem.

As to moving out of the circle, so far that's the only use I've really found for Dark Passage, which I have bound to a stopcasting macro.

As to why to use Soul Drain, simply put, it hits hard. The last time I cabbed on Matron, it was almost 13% of my damage done.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    4 warden is actually useless with cabalist over all, especially on matron. From my matron kill on Thursday curse of solitude accounted for a meager 2.8% of my dmg. and the warden talent does NOT effect decay.

51 cab/11 inq/4 sent is the best spec.

as for aoe rotations go I use a very simple rotation and utilize a macro to make it even easier.

#show Bound Fate
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Curse of Solitude
    cast Bound Fate
    cast Shadow's Touch

is my macro, I have Tyranny on the key next to it.

rotation is macro 2-3 times and then Tyranny and repeat. You decide 2 or 3 depending on cast speed and where Solitude falls so that you can get to 3 Tyranny without having to wait for it after a second cast.

During the Add phase on Matron I use Sign of Asias and spam Tyranny, then after Asias is up I go into a 1 macro > Tyranny rotation to get as many Tyranny off as possible to get the adds down faster.

Thats all I do the entire fight and I am usually in the 3.2k-3.6k DPS range.
    Tested again on dummies post 1.5; CONFIRMED the warden talent affects tyranny/decays.
    4/4 Grim Awakening (US-First) 3/3 Infinity Gate (World-First) 5/5 Planebreaker Bastion (World-First)
    Legendary Pokemon Captured: Greenscale (World-First) Akylios (US-Second) Laethys (World-First)
    Officer of <Vendetta>

Quote Originally Posted by Dustinj33 View Post
    I've parsed 3729 on matron last Wed. The highest i have parsed on that fight. Breaking 4k is very do-able. I am trying for that on next reset.
    I see you had a lot more dmg from shadow's touch than I would have expected to see. Are you spamming that only with tyranny in between book phases?

RIFT Guide Writer

Here are some interesting results from comparing the two specs:

Base 51 cabalist:

tyranny crits for 516, decay for 899
    shadow's touch on 3 targets for 1615
    bound fate for 1857

51 cab/11 inquisitor/4sentinel

tyranny crits for 612, decay for 1075
    shadow's touch on 3 targets for 1923
    bound fate for 2210

51 cab/11inquisitor/4warden

tyranny crits for 639, decay for 1115
    shadow's touch on 3 targets for 1868
    bound fate for 2149

It's kind of hard to calculate the math here, especially considering decays will strike several times per tyranny, so I'm not too sure what the best overall spec is.
    Last edited by Ahov; 10-04-2011 at 01:20 PM.
    Officer of <Vendetta>

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Tested again on dummies post 1.5; CONFIRMED the warden talent affects tyranny/decays.
    Oh yeah; that REALLY shouldn't come into question.

We use a Cabicar or two on Matron; the passive healing is decent for topping up the tank, especially during the baby splattering phase.

Spec: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...EtAqtAkdk.VhMo

Just shove Bolt of Radiance and Life's Vengeance into your rotation, if you're able to use Doctrines.

Personally, I'd never ever put Obliterate in a Macro. I can't see any possible advantage of doing so, since it would use Decays whether or not you had full Decays or not. I don't really see a dmg increase from Distorted Shadows either; that's one of the spells that seems to fail in scaling for us.

I macro Discord, Dark Water and Shadow's Touch in a single target macro, and Solitude, Bound Fate, Shadow's Touch in an AOE macro.

Also, for times of uber AOEness, I spam this:

#show Sign of Asias
    cast Sign of Asias
    cast Tyranny
    cast Bound Fate
    cast Shadow's Touch

Things die. Really fast. If when Asias is dow, you are stacking a Decay, it will cast BF or ST. Really effective in PVP also!

Rift Master

I'm sure there's a thread with all this, but I'll just copypasta it here. Some testing I did a while back.

Here is data from some Cabalist test I have run with various specs. The first number is a normal hit, the next is a crit.

Spec 1: 51 cab, 11 Inq, 4 sent
    Spellpower: 1239
    Spell Crit: 667
    Decay: 414, 753
    Tyranny: 255, 437
    Obliterate: 512, 871
    Distorted Shadows: 603, 1030
    Shadow's Touch: 610, 1601

Spec 2: 51 Cab, 11 Inq, 4 Ward
    Spellpower: 1195
    Spell Crit: 667
    Decay: 456, 774