+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: [Guide] The Raiding Inquisitor 1.5

RIFT Guide Writer

Default [Guide] The Raiding Inquisitor 1.5

Author’s Notes:
    -The thread is very similar to the 1.4 with the following minor adjustments;
    • Edited out some builds that are no longer viable
    • Crit is no longer a MUST have for CP, so you will no longer see that section.
    • Edited the stat priority to decrease the value of crit and increase the value of wisdom

My previous guides can be found:
    Original
    1.2 Version
    1.4 Version

Why Bring Inquisitor?
    • 7% additional magic damage debuff provided by Soul Drain (stacks with all others EXCEPT Censure and Neddra's Torture (3%)
    • AoE DPS is only slightly below an SC, but we provided ^^ to increase SC and others in raid (Should we have a Cabalist spec setup, our AoE is immense)
    • It's another cleric, capable of other roles if the need should arise

Stat Priority

Crit Rating: will be attained from gear. Avoid focusing on it.
    Intelligence: provides 1 crit rating per and .26 sp
    Focus: Raid 1 cap is ~220, Raid 2 is ~320
    Spell Power: Begin stacking after you’ve reached the recommended crit ratio
    Wisdom: increasess mana regeneration by .33 and spell power by .76 per, and increases total mana

Armor and Recommended Usage

Armor of Awakening: increases spell damage by 5%, critical hit rating by 5%, mana regeneration by 10%, and increases damage taken by the cleric by 5%
    Recommended: All PvE circumstances unless it runs the risk of death.

Armor of Devotion: increases Spell Power and Spell Crit by 42
    Recommended: PvP or when an increased chance of death from mechanic is forseen

Armor of Treachery: increases armor by 215 and Endurance by 50
    Recommended: Tank or when an increased chance of death from mechanics is forseen

The Builds

The Original 51/10/5 inq/sent/ward
    Pros
    • Maximizes spell power bonus on Vex and Sanction Heretic (total of 65%)
    • Provides minor off-healing via Healing Breath, Healing Spray, and Healing Current
    • Allows for movement based DPS via Waterjet
    • Will maintain the highest consistent single-target inquisitor DPS

Cons
    • AoE dps is less than that of some hybrids, specifically where Cabalist is concerned

The Offhealer 44/12/10 Inq/Justi/Sent

Pros
    • Provides nice offhealing via Justicar soul
    • Stacks Conviction using BoJ
    • Can provide large passive AoE healing using Soul Drain / CoO

Cons
    • Loses about ~200 DPS from other Inq specs

DPS Rotation and Tips
    Single Target Rotation:
    Sanction Heretic
    Vex
    [if in raid] Soul Drain (maintain this debuff at all times if you're raiding)
    BoJ spam, use Fanaticism + SH (if you're not 51pt Inq, use Fanaticism with BoD)
    [If 51pt] Use Nysyr’s Rebuke on cooldown

Build 4:
    - Make sure you are using Salvation, Cavalier, Mien of Honor
    - Doctrine of Loyalty for quick AoE heals, stacking Conviction using BoJ spam
    - Use L&D procs as they come up, then return to normal rotation

AoE Rotation:
    Fanaticism + Soul Drain
    Will targets live long enough to dot? If yes then multi-target Vex, if no then go to next step…
    Is Soul Drain up? If yes, cast.
    If not, use Circle of Oblivion.
    Otherwise, go Cabalist.

Tips + Macros
    - Only use Fanaticism with BoD or Soul Drain if you are <51pts. Use Fanaticism with Sanction Heretic and SD if you are 51pt build. They receive the highest benefit.
    - Make use of Waterjet/LV while moving, or if casting BoJ/BoD would force you to wait before refreshing DoTs
    - If at all possible, reapply DoTs when Corporal Punishment is up. CP's 15% damage boost only benefits spells cast while it is active, it does not passively effect DoTs already on the target.

Best in Slot Gear List
    • This items listed first are based on Focus and maintaing ideal Crit Ratio, not specific EP values, however this will change with the next update.
    • If you can upgrade a piece of gear that allows you to maintain your Focus cap, and maintains at least a 1sp to 3sc ratio, then it is an upgrade.
    • I.E. 4sp vs 11sc, the piece with sp outweighs the piece with sc. 10sp vs 33sc, the sc outweighs sp.

Sokanon's Inquisitor BiS
    Continuously being updated.

Final Notes

If there is anything you think that should be included but isn't, feel free to post. I am still in the process of reorganizing my BiS list, but you should be able to just rank things base on EP value until I do so.

Hope you enjoyed the write-up and you can look forward to future updates! Keep fighting for Inquisitor DPS!
    Last edited by Sokanon; 10-02-2011 at 06:12 AM.

Plane Walker

Was just thinking, with the new Inqusitor synergy crystal (25% chance for BoJ to reset CD of SH) would it make sense at all just to ignore Vex, and spam BoJ / BoD Proc to force SH to reset the CD? I mean 25% is quite a decent chance.

I haven't parsed any DPS numbers in a raid at all 'cause we don't raid until Tuesday so I'm not really sure but maybe someone can give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak1230 View Post
    Was just thinking, with the new Inqusitor synergy crystal (25% chance for BoJ to reset CD of SH) would it make sense at all just to ignore Vex, and spam BoJ / BoD Proc to force SH to reset the CD? I mean 25% is quite a decent chance.

I haven't parsed any DPS numbers in a raid at all 'cause we don't raid until Tuesday so I'm not really sure but maybe someone can give it a try.
    I might try and parse this myself, but I suspect keeping Vex wins. I would let it lapse in favor of Sanction Heretic to keep it ready to proc, but renew Vex when SH and BoD aren't ready.

Quote Originally Posted by DegnaRed View Post
    I might try and parse this myself, but I suspect keeping Vex wins. I would let it lapse in favor of Sanction Heretic to keep it ready to proc, but renew Vex when SH and BoD aren't ready.
    My entirely unscientific inclination is to expect that 51 Inq will want to keep Vex but at some lower amount of soul points this might show a net gain. Of course, at that junction, there may be other competitive crystals as well.

I heal though, so I'm just making edumacated guesses here. ^.^
    "You're right. Technically he has the right to cry about it. And I have the right to mock him for crying about something stupid." ~Bridgeburner
    "Try to hate other people less, you might enjoy life more." ~Tenet

73 Likes , 1 Infraction, Liked 228 posts, and counting...

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by DegnaRed View Post
    Have been doing some parsing on the dummy and Vex is still a considerable amount of dps. Not only that, but I use it to proc Lost Favor, which makes it a great source of dps for me, but indeed not enough to have it take priority over any other skill than BoJ. I might at times purposefully renew it a bit earlier or later if I know I will be moving soon.

Prophet of Telara

Some quick numbers for Vex vs BoJ spam

51 build, no C&P and all comparing crit DPS between the three:
    Vex crit for 517*6 (3102) provides a max DPS of 2068
    BoJ crit for 1396 provides a max DPS of 930.67
    SH crit for 2543 provides a max DPS of 1695.33
    SH DoT crit 550*5 (2750) DPS 366.67~1833.33

DPS order is SH+DoT > Vex > SH w/o DoT > BoJ

Assuming you're talking about sustained single target DPS, SH's DoT will be up 100%. Even if you somehow squeak a single free SH DoT tick in, it's 6 DPS shy of Vex's.

If you engaged the mob with SH at least 4 GCDs away from triggering you would probably be about as good as opening with Vex.

If you're talking about a mob dying before DoT ticks end, you would be about as good using Vex if it will get at least 4 ticks off, though that's harder to gauge precisely.

Prophet of Telara

Some napkin math for Blighted Inquisitor Crystal DPS:

Your standard rotation is typically 1 SH, 1 Vex, 0~1.5 BoD, and 7~8 BoJ

Given a 25% proc rate, we'll likely see 1.5~1.75 expected proc rates, however, remember that because we're resetting SH you're basically only ever seeing 1.5~1.75 SHs (because otherwise it is on CD).

From parsing, it seems that I am more around a 25%~50% proc rate. So assuming I get half a free cast, the DPS would be equal to (SH-BoJ)/2, which for my incar came out to be about 62~125 more DPS.

For a 51 inq with raid buffs where you're just DPSing (no SD, heals, etc) you could probably push out an additional 200 DPS!

Also for anyone interested, Cold Heart looks to provide a 42 DPS for inq.

Soulwalker

Havent played my cleric in a while but about to get back into it. The gear sheet you have the lessers there but it isnt sorted by the EP value. So are you saying to get the 2 best SP ones and those 4 crit ones or did you just forget to sort it. I have a full crit sigil back from 1.3 and Im going to try to change runes and everything around to be more SP based.

Soulwalker

Default Gear

Hey Sokanon! Great job on the guide and Bis!

Just have a question about the BiS. Is the gear and the essences ranked? So the top item or essence is the "best" and the one below the "second best". Wondering cuz I have huuge problems understanding and prioritizing the stats and gear for my char.

Thanks!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ak1230 View Post

I thought about this too and assumed the same as others - 51 points in vex probably is still a DPS increase in most situations.

However, if you have BoD off CD, and SH on CD... BoJ spam ~might come out ahead since it can bring them both up.

I'd love to see some real theory crafting.... WTB Rawr for rift.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by PunchAdonkey View Post
    Hey Sokanon! Great job on the guide and Bis!

Just have a question about the BiS. Is the gear and the essences ranked? So the top item or essence is the "best" and the one below the "second best". Wondering cuz I have huuge problems understanding and prioritizing the stats and gear for my char.

Thanks!
    When in doubt check the EP score of the item on the far right, this is the standardized single value used by theorycrafters to give a comparable # to all items.

EP= equivalence points I.E. this item has an equivalent weight of X

Soulwalker

Ok the real question is? Is the DPS difference going to be huge making it worth it to grind out 360 sourcestones to make a new full SP source machine? Or should I stick with my current one with 5 crit lessers and 1 SP lesser?

RIFT Guide Writer

Go for full SP source machine. I should have the BiS list updated this weekend, been having a rough end/start of the month. I apologize for the delays.

I am curious as to why soul drain is preferred over spiritual deficiency on a single tArget fight. They both are a 7% debuff. Soul drain lasts 10 secs where spiritual last 60.
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Zinbik, Cleric Lead

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by denalidave View Post
    I am curious as to why soul drain is preferred over spiritual deficiency on a single tArget fight. They both are a 7% debuff. Soul drain lasts 10 secs where spiritual last 60.
    They stack. However Spiritual Deficiency does NOT stack with the mage equivalent which lasts 5minutes. Soul Drain stacks with everything but the buffs mentioned (Neddra's torture, Censure), so you can reach a total of 14% magic dmg debuff on a boss.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast