+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: [Guide] The Raiding Inquisitor 1.5

Happy Trails Sokanon.

Doc
    Rift is the Rachael of Bladerunner, we can never know exactly how long it will live, but it will burn so bright whilst it does.

Shadowlander

Default How do you feel about necrotic rage

is this better then having an sp lesser i mean it proc rate is awsome and its 60sp i have not had a chance to parse has anyone else

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Beowoolf View Post
    is this better then having an sp lesser i mean it proc rate is awsome and its 60sp i have not had a chance to parse has anyone else
    I am not a Guardian so I cannot tell you .

I'm going to miss your posts. I wish you all the best Sokanon. Thank you for all the time you gave to all of us here.

XOXO
    Justi

Shadowlander

Default oh though defient had a similar thing

so defiants dont have an essence like this thats wierd lol

ok do any guardians know

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Meowshwitz View Post
    I thought about this too and assumed the same as others - 51 points in vex probably is still a DPS increase in most situations.

However, if you have BoD off CD, and SH on CD... BoJ spam ~might come out ahead since it can bring them both up.

I'd love to see some real theory crafting.... WTB Rawr for rift.
    No. It is always worth it to get vex up. However, that 1.5s should probably only be used in the perfect timing.

1. Don't refresh clinging spirits unless you have JUST procced CP.
    2. Refresh vex RIGHT AFTER CS.

These should take priority over using any cooldowns, in general, followed immediately by SH then BoD procs.

The rest of the time, you spend your time juggling BoJ, SH, Nysyr's, and BoD procs. In exactly which order, I'm still working on. I'm trying to calculate the loss in waiting for CP before using BoD procs, SH, and Nysyr's vs using them immediately, and the general priority (it should be fairly simple to see SH > BoD proc > vex > nysyr's > BoJ based on pure damage/time cost ratio).

I think there's room for up to 15-20% improvement for most inquisitor DPS based on perfect rotation execution which is entirely dynamic based on CP procs. I'd say potentially inquisitor > shaman in some (most) cases with such execution. But I think there's optimization outside of the 1-button specs for shaman as well. It all depends on fight, though.
    Last edited by jMerliN; 10-14-2011 at 11:07 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by jMerliN View Post
    No. It is always worth it to get vex up. However, that 1.5s should probably only be used in the perfect timing.

1. Don't refresh clinging spirits unless you have JUST procced CP.
    2. Refresh vex RIGHT AFTER CS.

These should take priority over using any cooldowns, in general, followed immediately by SH then BoD procs.

The rest of the time, you spend your time juggling BoJ, SH, Nysyr's, and BoD procs. In exactly which order, I'm still working on. I'm trying to calculate the loss in waiting for CP before using BoD procs, SH, and Nysyr's vs using them immediately, and the general priority (it should be fairly simple to see SH > BoD proc > vex > nysyr's > BoJ based on pure damage/time cost ratio).

I think there's room for up to 15-20% improvement for most inquisitor DPS based on perfect rotation execution which is entirely dynamic based on CP procs. I'd say potentially inquisitor > shaman in some (most) cases with such execution. But I think there's optimization outside of the 1-button specs for shaman as well. It all depends on fight, though.
    Shaman builds other than 51 just don't work (unless I'm missing some revolutionary build that's never been posted) and the other rotations outside of the norm will deliver subpar results. I'd be interested in testing the HK crystal for shaman though, and the rotations that go with that.

For the moment, inquisitor is absolutely above shaman in general dps and feasibility on raid encounters.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Shaman builds other than 51 just don't work (unless I'm missing some revolutionary build that's never been posted) and the other rotations outside of the norm will deliver subpar results. I'd be interested in testing the HK crystal for shaman though, and the rotations that go with that.

For the moment, inquisitor is absolutely above shaman in general dps and feasibility on raid encounters.
    Well it depends, if the probability leads to an expected DPS higher by trying to reset massive blow with a few more GCDs, it may lead to a more complex (non-macroed) rotation that should result in a higher DPS. The same type of thing I'm doing with inquisitor to decide based on expected outcomes what to do in certain situations to boil the rotation down into maximum DPS. Should I cast BoJ vs using Nysyr's is a good example: Nysyr's provides a little less than twice the DPS of BoJ by considering only BoJ, but expected increase in DPS from BoJ resetting SH (and proccing it) changes that. And if SH is on cooldown and no other procs are available, the choice is clearly always Nysyr's without the crystal, but with it, it becomes far more complicated. It's an edge case without the crystal and a serious question with the crystal, but it could be a lot of dps on a 5 minute fight, and is worth optimizing.
    Last edited by jMerliN; 10-14-2011 at 11:35 PM.

Ascendant

I re-read the original post, and I have to dispute using fanaticism for SH.

The DoT that each skill applies is different. Sanction heretic will apply the same dot, regardless of SH critting or not. Bolt of Depravity's dot is based on the original damage of the hit.

The question isn't which skill does more damage with 51 inquisitor (sanction heretic does, and should be used before bolt of depravity, always). The question is which skill benefits from a crit more, and I would argue bolt of depravity deserves your fanaticism except when you can use it for soul drain AoE.

A quick dummy test reveals this:

Sanction heretic crit =3048
    BoD crit+dot = 3315

You cannot count the sanction heretic dot because, again, it's not affected by the crit, which is the issue I'm raising.
    Last edited by Ahov; 10-14-2011 at 11:50 PM.

Plane Touched

The first tic of SH dot IS affected by fanatacism...hence the revision for 51pt inqs

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by jMerliN View Post

-When I was raiding this is exactly what I was doing (attempting a perfected rotation). It showed, as I still to this day have never had a shaman come anywhere close to me DPS wise, I'm ususally ~200 ahead (even when we first entered HK). To help keep CP up, I would sometimes toss in a Life's Vengeance to potentially pull a crit off. My goal was to ALWAYS have CP up when reapplying DoTs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post

You cannot count the sanction heretic dot because, again, it's not affected by the crit, which is the issue I'm raising.
    Actually Fanaticism guarantees the first hit of SH AND the first DoT tick will crit. This is why it pulls ahead of BoD. It's about a ~126damage increase in my half HK (no crystal/tier) gear.

Soulwalker

Anyone updating this BIS spreadsheet anymore?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3