+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: [Guide] The Raiding Inquisitor 1.5

Thank you for this guide and keeping things updated!

As for the Shaman/Inquisitor split, at ~1600 sp raid buffed I'm starting to see them come together. Right now I'll run Shaman for movement fights and Inquisitor for ranged ones, dps is about the same. So it looks like the suggestion for 1700sp to swap is spot on.

Thanks for updating to 1.5, this is a really neat and tidy post: just BAM! top single target dps build and BAM! a really nice offhealer build. Simple instructions too.

If you want to update your BiS list, I have a very comprehensive loot table with stats here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...nc&hl=en#gid=0

Ignore my gearscores, they are biased very heavily in favor of crit for different pre 1.5 specs

Apologies for the double-post, couldn't edit my last one:

http://i.imgur.com/im33y.png

Here is the min-max order for MH+Totem 51 Inquisitors, if you use the 1 SP : 3 Crit ratio. It's quite counter-intuitive but I'm happy to explain how it comes out like that if anybody has questions.

The order for 2h inquisitors is much more straight-forward, because of the double SP bonus in red hexes you basically go for those first. MH+OH is master-race inquisitor anyway.

RIFT Guide Writer

Hey all! I figured I'd make this post here as I don't wish to clutter any other boards with what I'm posting.

With the way classes have been, and the turns I've taken in life, I am letting my subscription run out this month (the 26th to be exact). I actually have not been raiding for at least a month now, though I continued to do as much work for Inquisitor as I could, as well as helping my guild recruit (which by the way, they ARE looking for a really solid healing cleric *hint hint*). I just do not have the time to keep up with the game anymore, as some of you might have noticed with my lack of updating the BiS list.

It has been a pleasure working with many of you and I'm glad the majority have enjoyed my writeups. The support many of you showed made it well worth it to me, despite the naysayers in the beginning. RIFT has come a long way as a game, and Inquisitor has come along for the ride. It was an exciting ride!

Now to the nitty gritty:
    -Someone I know will eventually take over this position as Inquisitor guide writer. I am more than happy to lend a helping hand with all current information and future, just PM me if you are interested and I will give you my email address.
    -My BiS guide list only needs items to be added and then reorganized in descending EP values. Noshei was working on a calculated value to factor in Focus to better organize the BiS list.
    -I will still be moderating the RiftJunkies Cleric forum, and I encourage all to join. It takes a moment to register, and it shows you respect the writers enough to show your support for all the information they make available to you.

I will continue updating this post until the 26th, at which point I will most likely be unable to post.

Stay strong, Be positive, Enjoy it all!
    -Sokanon

Rift Master

Bummer. Thanks for all the work you've put in here, you'll definitely be missed.

Plane Touched

Will be seeing you on the Cleric forums

GL with RL.
    hi2u|
    10/11 HK|

Shadowlander

Sorry to see you go, always a great and informative thread

Before you vanish, I'm curious how you feel about the Adorned Shadeshard. Other clerics in my guild are reporting near 100% uptimes with all of our dots rolling to keep it procced so it should run ~87.5 spellpower on average.

Rift Master

Sad to see you go, Soka. Your efforts have been greatly appreciated!

So, for those that desire to take Soka's crown from him, let us know. With the posters that I've seen here, I do not doubt you will get great support. This is a pretty good close community here, for which Soka can be proud of.

Step up and we'll help ya, I'm sure!

Rift Disciple

Hey Sok, sad to hear that u stop playing, i enjoyed how u "believed" in inq-dps even as it was crap **** compared to other classes/speccs. Since sham/drui are just 1 button chars i also started to love inq and ur guide helped a lot to compare different builds for situations etc.

Thanks and best wishes and GL in rl etc.
    Last edited by Gr33nsurfer; 10-12-2011 at 01:18 PM.

Plane Touched

hey Sok, since your still around, i figured id get you before you jumped ship =P

last night my guild attempted for the first time Murdantix and I noticed that after casting Soul Drain, seeing the Clinging Spirits debuff go up, a few seconds later it would disappear, before the timer would elapse, now from my understanding of the raid group I lead, we have no other Inquisitors in the raid that has Clinging Spirits. Do you or anyone else knows if this buff has changed? does it now not stack with all other debuffs applied?
    www.dark-catalyst.com
    "a person or thing that precipitates an event or change"

Plane Touched

bah nm, Bluedots lists Clinging Spirits with these three other debuffs

Magic Damage Debuffs 2:
    Neddra’s Torture – Warlock
    Embers Charge – Saboteur
    Censure - Justicar
    Clinging Spirit – Inquisitor

so I guess that answers my question
    www.dark-catalyst.com
    "a person or thing that precipitates an event or change"

Shadowlander

Default Last question before you go soka

I have really enjoyed your guide helps me retune something with my spec i had been using for a while but rotation was off and this really helped me maximizes dps with the correct rotation

my last question is i know you say to make a sp heavy sigil but is it worth me to do this if i switch my essence i would gain 20sp but loose like 54 crit now i know your ratio but im saying is it really worth my time to farm incribred to do this for that diffrence

and in regards to greator spots do you recommend putting in lessers or do you recommend putting in something like necrotic rage with the plus 60sp that procs alot or the one that boost spell power by a percentage and then reduces percentage with eacy attck forgot name its a purple though

thanks in advance

Plane Touched

Take care and good luck Soka, thanks for your hard work.

Inq can parse over 1k + if you got the right gear.
    Last edited by Boromir; 10-12-2011 at 04:06 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Hyriana View Post
    Sorry to see you go, always a great and informative thread

Before you vanish, I'm curious how you feel about the Adorned Shadeshard. Other clerics in my guild are reporting near 100% uptimes with all of our dots rolling to keep it procced so it should run ~87.5 spellpower on average.
    -I'd have to know the viable uptime. Ask them to test outside of a raid environment, give me a 10 minute parse, tell them to count the amount of times it procced. I can then calculate the SP average and give you a definitive answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowoolf View Post
    I have really enjoyed your guide helps me retune something with my spec i had been using for a while but rotation was off and this really helped me maximizes dps with the correct rotation

my last question is i know you say to make a sp heavy sigil but is it worth me to do this if i switch my essence i would gain 20sp but loose like 54 crit now i know your ratio but im saying is it really worth my time to farm incribred to do this for that diffrence

and in regards to greator spots do you recommend putting in lessers or do you recommend putting in something like necrotic rage with the plus 60sp that procs alot or the one that boost spell power by a percentage and then reduces percentage with eacy attck forgot name its a purple though

thanks in advance
    -SP is now worth 3x as much as crit. Therefore in your current ratio, 20sp : 60crit. Since you'd be gaining 20sp for 54 crit, it IS a benefit to switch to SP sigil.

Thank you all for the best wishes and support, it means a lot to me. No one has of yet PMed me about the particular position as Inq guide writer, there aren't many days left to get my email address if you want it. You're also welcome to have my email addy if you just want to keep in touch, as I do play other games hehe, just not as judiciously as I used to.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast