+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By grampositive
  • 1 Post By Hotter

Thread: Tracking HoT's on Raid Frames

Soulwalker

Default Tracking HoT's on Raid Frames

Hello Everyone,

I recently started playing Rift and I have a long wow history. I started right away playing with a cleric and am atm level 35. I made a Warden (with lotsa hots) but having very hard time tracking my spells. Especially, where I try to maintain Soothing Stream stacks.
    I searched for addons or user interface where I can enable my buffs on raid frames, however I could not find anything. Is there a way to enable and keep track of your HoTs?

Telaran

I think the best you can do right now is to select the option to only show your buffs on others. You still can't see them in raid frames, but when you have the target selected, only your hots will show up under their portrait. This makes it easier to see your stacks.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Chianna View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I recently started playing Rift and I have a long wow history. I started right away playing with a cleric and am atm level 35. I made a Warden (with lotsa hots) but having very hard time tracking my spells. Especially, where I try to maintain Soothing Stream stacks.
    I searched for addons or user interface where I can enable my buffs on raid frames, however I could not find anything. Is there a way to enable and keep track of your HoTs?
    Rift doesn't track hots in raid frames because Trion doesn't want you to play Warden. And you shouldn't. There are better builds out there that will help you defeat content much easier. Which is sad because I love Warden.

Quote Originally Posted by grampositive View Post
    I think the best you can do right now is to select the option to only show your buffs on others. You still can't see them in raid frames, but when you have the target selected, only your hots will show up under their portrait. This makes it easier to see your stacks.
    It wil also show any other wardens buffs -.-

On our estrode fight where we have 3-4 wardens it is a mess to follow my hots

Cleric Tank

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Quietmode View Post

Oh yeah, and then there's that... I recommend circling your SS stack with crayon on your monitor to distinquish it from the other wardens.

There is currently an addon that tracks dot's called ADtimer.
    It's shouldn't be to hard to have it track hots instead.

The most awesome would be if someone could make a addon that displays the name of players with your hots on them, what hots you have on that player with the duration.
    (crude example)

Code:
    [T]Alovnek:       Soothing Stream x4 - 5 sec
                      Healing Spray      - 6 sec
                      Healing Current    - 8 sec 
    [T]Heartstopper:  Soothing Stream x4 - 9 sec
                      Healing Spray      - 11 sec
    [S]Galaphine:     Healing Spray      - 1 sec
    [T]would be the tank icon (the ones you see in raid frames)
    [S]support
    [H]healing
    [D]dps
    And the best would be if the second would also be represented by bars so you can easily see which one will run out first. And if a player loses all hots he disappears from the list.
    Last edited by Radak; 09-30-2011 at 11:34 AM.
    Cleric tanking: Justicar guide | Justicar spreadsheet and item list
    Defence is as much a part of war as offense, the shield as important a tool as the sword.

We have an Orb rotation for her .-.

Sword of Telara

There's a trick to finding out what your own stack is and to not lose track of it. I may not be saying it 100% right, as I haven't played warden in a long time:

Build your SS on the tank. Chances are another warden player has beaten you to it, and let's say you are the third stack. By keeping the tank as your target you can look at the third SS, and there'd be a good chance it's yours, but you wouldn't know for sure. However, before switching target, right after building the SS (NOTE: it is important your SS is already on the tank at this point), make the tank your focus target. Look closely and you'll suddenly see the first stack on your focus is yours, and will stay yours unless you drop it (which really sohuldnt happen since you can always find out how long you still have with just a glance).
    If for some odd reason you do drop it, put SS back on, clear your focus, and make your tank focus again (keybinds/macros ftw). Et voila: your SS is the first stack again.

It'll take some getting used to, but it works and is currently one of the best solutions to this problem. Biggest downside to this imo is that I can't have the boss as my focus and thus can't see his cast to predict incoming damage.

Keeping fingers crossed the legendary healbot will migrate to Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotter View Post
    Keeping fingers crossed the legendary healbot will migrate to Rift.
    would be totally awesome to have healbot, or voodoo, or something similar
    im still waiting on agro alerts in party frame, as opposed to only raid frame....
    WFH & BYOB - www.kingtj.net

Quote Originally Posted by TJ74 View Post
    would be totally awesome to have healbot, or voodoo, or something similar
    im still waiting on agro alerts in party frame, as opposed to only raid frame....
    I'd be happy with a copy/paste of the newer blizzard raid frames. Those track distance, HoTs, DoTs, aggro, show energy bars if you want, etc, and are what I actually use nowadays in WoW. Simple, clean, and great as a base game raid frame.

+ Reply to Thread