+ Reply to Thread

Thread: T2 Expert Tank Synergy Crystal bugged? (Simple Synergy Crystal of Defense)

Sword of Telara

Default T2 Expert Tank Synergy Crystal bugged? (Simple Synergy Crystal of Defense)

Looks like the Simple Synergy Crystal of Defense only counts the 35 endurance that is stated on it when you have Mien of Leadership on, even thou it should have been increased with 90%.

Or did I miss something?

Rift Disciple

I think the crystal adds the 35 after Mien of Leadership buff. That usually how it works with the mien. Think of it as:

Total HP = 9(Base End)+(base end)(.90)+buffs+set bonuses

I could be wrong on the formula (haven't played with it yet) and I do know some buffs count onto base end before mien, but this is a general guide line. The (base end)(.9) part is if you have Mien of Leadership active.

Actually, I know for sure someone will correct me.
    Last edited by alshara; 09-29-2011 at 10:48 AM.

Sword of Telara

But other equipment is calculated correctly. Removing a 20 endurance neck (or simillar) lowers your hps by 380.

Plane Touched

Buffs don't get increased by MoL. That is probably what it is counted as.
    Aftermath-Cleric tank

Rift Disciple

Synergy stats are classified as buffs, and applied after mein.

Rift Disciple

Base end is calculated by your naked end (without gear) plus the base stats on the equipment. The necklace could be counted as a hard stat and not a bonus stat.

Like I said, there are exceptions in the formula, which I can check when I get home. Just know, that as a rule of thumb, buff bonuses happen after Mein of Leadership.

Sword of Telara

Well, it isn't a buff, it's an item, so shouldn't it be counted the same way as one?

I still feel it's bugged anyway.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Luterin View Post
    Well, it isn't a buff, it's an item, so shouldn't it be counted the same way as one?

I still feel it's bugged anyway.
    I don't know how we can make this clearer to you. It comes from an item, but it is a buff. It is not hard or base stat as it is not always present, further items are required to activate that part of the item.

While it would be nice if it affected mein, its working as intended and along the same lines as every other synergy crystal.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kris xK View Post
    I don't know how we can make this clearer to you. It comes from an item, but it is a buff. It is not hard or base stat as it is not always present, further items are required to activate that part of the item.

While it would be nice if it affected mein, its working as intended and along the same lines as every other synergy crystal.
    It's an item that is activated by having other items. And it's always present if you have the required items.

I still don't consider it a buff and it doesn't look like a buff either.

And how do you know it's working as intended? Source?

Soulwalker

It's the same "problem" with the T3 synergie cristal the 40 end are also added after mol.

I think counting the synergy cristal as a buff has to be much more pointed out as it is now.

For me it looks like a raw stat and so it has to be increased by mol

Rift Disciple

It's an item that gives a buff when certain conditions are meet. It's like a rune that boost SP on proc. The SP boost will add to the total SP after the Inq armors, not before.

Conditional based stat boost are buffs, not hard stats. Hard stat boost will not have conditionals attached to them.

Sword of Telara

Why are people trying to defend the existing mechanic, when it obviously is an item and it most likely is bugged.

Feels like I'm surrounded by fanboys who are making up their own idea about why it is working as it currently does with made up excuses to why it is the correct way.

Please find a dev source for your ideas, until then I still consider it to be bugged and will try to ignore your attemts to make up your own ideas about why this is.

I do understand alot of different technical reasons to why this bug might exist, but this does not mean that it should work that way.

Rift Disciple

It's counted as a buff since the synergy crystals were implemented to work around the "set bonus" concept due to the various soul differences. Yes. it is technically an item. But, because of the implementation concept behind it, it does not count as one. Pretend it is a set bonus on an item that you can swap out based on your role.

Now, if other set bonuses (like off the crafted gear or whatever) get modified, then yes, I'd say this is a bug.
    Calady - 50 Cleric - Faeblight - Archon D'Inferni

Every single set bonus in the game works the same as this one for every other class, it is not just the cleric tank one and the mein. They are treated as a hidden buff effect in the system that dose not display a buff icon.

The only way they can fix it is by changing mein of leadership to take buffs into account which would be insanely over powered.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris xK View Post
    I don't thing the problem is not understanding, but that it seems stupid. I personally agree, but I get it would be a big hassle because the game was coded that way blah blah blah.

Not as stupid as the stat boost to endurance from planar atonement not being effected by MoL either. That's REALLY stupid.
    Last edited by AlienDiplomat; 10-02-2011 at 05:10 AM.
    "Do while thou wilt shall be the hole in the law."

+ Reply to Thread