+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BUG REPORT: Shield of the Ancestors not being modifed by gear/spellpower

Default BUG REPORT: Shield of the Ancestors not being modifed by gear/spellpower

I'm currently running a 34/32 sent/puri build, and Shield of the Ancestors is not being modified by spellpower. It does 831 shielding when I'm naked and when all of my gear is on. I've tested this on a dummy as well as on players. The shield from restorative flame is being correctly modified.

Has anyone else experienced this? Does it happen in the 51 puri build also?

Quote Originally Posted by Chanalia View Post
    I'm currently running a 34/32 sent/puri build, and Shield of the Ancestors is not being modified by spellpower. It does 831 shielding when I'm naked and when all of my gear is on. I've tested this on a dummy as well as on players. The shield from restorative flame is being correctly modified.

Has anyone else experienced this? Does it happen in the 51 puri build also?
    While Disciple of the Flame is indeed bugged (and fixed on PTS?), this is simply a matter of the tooltip not updating. Try dueling someone, casting RF on yourself, and counting up how much damage is absorbed.

-Liang

It's only the castable shield that doesn't seem to be working.

It's only the castable shield that doesn't seem to be working.
    Have you manually added up the damage absorbed? Also, this is the third or fourth thread about this in the last 2 days.

-Liang

34/32 doesnt get a scaling absorb shield(besides ancestral flame).... you need disciple of flame to get SP scaling on Casted shields. Otherwise the only thing that changes it is the 50% boost talent and the Greater.
    Last edited by Quietmode; 09-20-2011 at 01:02 PM.

Cleric Tank

It just seems odd that the shield from RS scales when the castable shield does not >.> Disregard this report then. It would appear that I'm a nub.

Edit: Yes I did mean RF. Sleepy Chan is bad at typing today.
    Last edited by Chanalia; 09-20-2011 at 01:05 PM.

It just seems odd that the shield from RS scales when the castable shield does not >.>
    I'm assuming you mean RF and not RS. Read your talents. Ancestral flame causes 60% of your spell power to be absorbed on the target of your RF. You need 36pts in purifier to get a scaling absorb shield from Shield/Ward of the Ancestors.

Edit: The current bug with Purifier is that disciple of the flame doesnt buff Ancestral flame as much as it should
    Last edited by Quietmode; 09-20-2011 at 01:06 PM.

Cleric Tank

+ Reply to Thread