+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cab tips?

Shadowlander

Default Cab tips?

I want to try running a 51 cab in pvp and pve for trash and some aoe heavy fights. Does anybody have any sugestions on what build to use and the rotation/macros I should use and do I want to stack crit or sp?
    Thanks

Cab has been nerfed so bad it's not worth playing at all (in PvP anyway), but if you're insistant on playing one anyway, you want spellpower more than crit.
    Last edited by Sinndel; 09-18-2011 at 07:07 PM.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

If you want to play Cab in PVP, there is something very important you should understand: when you're just starting out, when you kill someone, it's an accident. Your job is to do a lot of aoe damage, to set people up to be killed by someone with a single target build, and punish the enemy team if they lack aoe healing.

Build wise, 51 Cab for certain. I've tried it with Inquisitor to 14 for Soul Drain and also Templar to be a little less squishy (get Blessing of the Martyr imo). Mostly that's up to preference, since Sign of Asias from 51 Cab is still your powerhouse cooldown. Another popular choice is to sideline Justicar (get Reparation) and a lil Inquisitor (Sanction Heretic is the best Conviction builder around) so you have a lil aoe healing as a garnish to your meaty aoe damage.

For the love of everything unholy, no matter what else you do as a Cab, use the bloody Sigil powers. AOE purge ESPECIALLY! Other than that, Shadow's Touch, Bound Fate, Tyranny, and Curse of Solitude are your go to spells. Keep an eye out for a snipe kill with Obliterate, but don't obsess over it.

As you practice, you will get better at actually getting kills and making the healers oom faster, but that should start you off. Good luck, and have fun!

EDIT: AND STAY WITH THE BULK OF YOUR TEAM!
    Last edited by Shannae; 09-18-2011 at 07:21 PM.
    "You're right. Technically he has the right to cry about it. And I have the right to mock him for crying about something stupid." ~Bridgeburner
    "Try to hate other people less, you might enjoy life more." ~Tenet

73 Likes , 1 Infraction, Liked 228 posts, and counting...

Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar

if your gear sucks play something else, like a healer and go for protect the flock.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskyJack View Post
    I want to try running a 51 cab in pvp and pve for trash and some aoe heavy fights. Does anybody have any sugestions on what build to use and the rotation/macros I should use and do I want to stack crit or sp?
    Thanks
    You have some good advice for PvP.

PvE, Cabi Single Target DPS is not bad at all. I can pull a little under a Shammy in a Dungeon.

AoE dps, omg omg omg. You will learn how to restrain yourself or you will die, a lot. The dps for aoe is insane.

I play a 51 cabi with 15 inquis and 0 justicar. The 0 justicar is just for healing procs.

if you arent r6 + i wouldnt recommend cab for pvp as your damage wont be enough to stress healers.
    Other than that use your cc, it is one of cabs greatest strength atm. silence caster packs at opportune moments, stun + slow wars on your own casters, debuff LOTS. hell even malestrom on your melee to help keep there targets in range. or on the enemy's melee.... make it harder for them

yeh cc wont go up on the boards so you cant post your uber aoe dps in scion but hey i think it helps more

don't use malestrom before your aoe, its basically a get the f ready warning

alternatively in pvp run inquisicar at lower levels if you really want to dps, as you'll add a little dps but also basically negate any enemy aoe damage

and wait a little while to use sign of asias in pve,
    So long rift, may your potential someday be realised

Rift Disciple

So you want to play 51 cab?

Make sure you have enough gear to have 900 SC , and 1.7k+ SP

If you dont

play something else
    DROW <Brotherhood of the Spider>-- Shatterbone --- 20mans:: 5/8 ID, 11/11 HK, 5/5 GSB, 4/4 ROS{} 10mans: 4/4 RotP , 4/4 GP, 4/4 DH //\\ Foxplay PA Level's counter: 1034 (T2 PA cap makes me sadface)

Quote Originally Posted by Foxplay View Post
    So you want to play 51 cab?

Make sure you have enough gear to have 900 SC , and 1.7k+ SP

If you dont

play something else
    What this guy says is mostly true, cabby doesn't get properly competitive as a killer until R8, (it's argueable that no cleric DPS class does infact) That said it can still be useful if your team is strong enough to lack a healer.

One of the biggest skills is knowing when to play cabby and when to play a healer. As for macro's I only use one which is sign of asia's + tyanny. Otherwise depends on spec -

If I play 51cab/12justicar/3inq I will use a macro for building conviction, If I play 51/10sent/5warden I will use a macro for healing breath/healing spray.

There is no real benefit in macro'ing anything else together, you need to be in control of what you cast and when.

The most useful macro's I use are -

TargetMark 1,2,3,4 to quickly pick up the priority targets.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    Cab has been nerfed so bad it's not worth playing at all (in PvP anyway), but if you're insistant on playing one anyway, you want spellpower more than crit.
    Dont listen to this guy. True, until your atleast Rank 5 a cabalist wont be getting many killing blows. But, you will still be doing competitive damage and making the healers drop their mana on your decent aoe. Not to mention the CC a caba comes with. If your looking for a great way to own people at low ranks as a cleric, you just arent going to find it.

PVE wise -- Give me a break. Cabalists are easily one of the top aoe specs in the game. We can easily parse over 3k on aoe fights like Matron and Zilas. Clerics are teh amazingness, realize it, love it, live it.

AOE ROTATION /w 3+ peeps in PVP
    Its easy, Bound Fate > Shadows Touch (tyranny in between with 2 or 3 decays)
    Last edited by Santent; 09-19-2011 at 08:18 AM.

50 Cleric
    Sub Par DPS Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by Santent View Post
    Dont listen to this guy.
    I have more forum posts than you have total kills.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    I have more forum posts than you have total kills.
    What a sad, sad observation.

50 Cleric
    Sub Par DPS Extraordinaire

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskyJack View Post
    Thanks
    Dont listen to any of these guys. If you want to play Cab, than play Cab! I am personally only Rank 3, and 80% of the time i do most damage/KB's in WF's. I play in my PvE gear(all t3 gear + 2 peices from HK).

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10ode.EtAqtAkdk.Vx.V

Use this build. If your still new to Cab, it can be quite confusing...what should you use? what shouldn't you use?
    Cabalist is very situational on what you spells you should use according to different situations.
    For AoE, you will want to try and stay back and blast from a distance. This arguably the squishiest soul for clerics. As such, DO NOT worry about using your sigils until you have a basic idea of what damaging spells to use.

AoE Rotation would be something like this: Once you get third stack of decay. Curse of Solitude>Maelstrom>Sign Of Asia's>Tyranny spam until Sign of Asia's runs out>Bound fate>Shadows Touchx2>Rinse and repeat.

Yes, you can spam Tyranny the whole time if you want. But you will get more damage with Tyranny per each stack of decay.

Single Target rotation: Curse of Discord>Distorted Shadows>Obliterate>Bound Fate/Shadows Touch

Your weakness is focus fire and melee in this build. You have plenty of tools in this build to help with these irritants.

Quick Tips: Always try and use both Curse of Solitude and Curse of Discord when off cool downs.

Feating your Cab all the way to 51 to me is not effective only when you are playing Scion or Escalation.

1. As a cab your goal is to add threat with your aoe damange so don't just use it to add dps, use your abilities with a purpose. Generally my purpose is to kill casters and healers.

Constantly use your sigils at all times. Esp. the sigil to silience casters.

2. Never use obliterate on a full health player try to use it on a player you feel will die instantly when you use it. It takes practice.

3. NEVER STARY from your healer or from your team. A cab is best hiding among all the players or a place where they are far away

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Champion

I thought the goal of cab was to pad numbers for the end of the warfront match!
    Gilg - 50 Guardian Cleric on Briarcliff
    Maximation
    We're recruiting active, competent raiders who enjoy being competitive while having fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarrom View Post
    I thought the goal of cab was to pad numbers for the end of the warfront match!
    Pretty much, most are bad although easy to spot
    anyone who boasts or post screenies of AMAZING aoe damage is a terribad
    I have only ever met one on my cluster who was great at cab
    So long rift, may your potential someday be realised

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast