+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cab tips?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskyJack View Post
    I want to try running a 51 cab in pvp and pve for trash and some aoe heavy fights. Does anybody have any sugestions on what build to use and the rotation/macros I should use and do I want to stack crit or sp?
    Thanks
    Personally I like using 15 Warden + 0 Purifier. 15 in Warden gives me about 4 heals (one of which is an AoE hot to help your group), a nice knockback, an insta cast dmg spell with no CD and a cleanse. Purifier just for the shield.

Don't like Inq, many go 11 Inq, 4 War. OK, but low survivability on an already squishy toon. 11 Inq doesn't give me that big an increase in dps to be worth the points. Aggressive Renewal is nice though. That with Vile Power+ mana pots gives you ample fuel to spam Tyranny til your fingers bleed.

Some go Cabbicar lol, 11 Jus 4 Sen works pretty well. You can help heal your group and your dmg heals you as well. Personally I prefer using Inq with any Jus build since the life dmg spells have better synergy.
    And with Jus/Sen you only get 2 life dmg spells both on CDs, so it's a lot harder to build convictions with a Cabby build since it's all death dmg. This is why I tend to stick with Warden, it's simple to throw out HoTs and less buffs to deal with. Sadly Cabby just doesn't work as well with the other trees as Inq does.

Rotations obviously depend on what you're doing, for a normal AoE attack it's pretty obvious, one starter I like to lay down is Curse of Solitude the AoE dot, then pop my Tyranny spams. The nerf to SoA blows, as does the Maelstrom nerf, so Cabby ain't what she used to be thnx to all the crybabies in WFs. A lot of the high end Stuff in the Cabby tree is bunk. Nebulous Haze is garbage, remove it off your hotbar. Ravaging Darkness is ONLY good if you can nail a BIG bunch of enemies, otherwise the healing is crap.

AVOID Bound Fate and Shadows Touch in PvP, remove 'em, a stationary Cabby is a dead Cabby unless you've got a healbot, BOTH are easily interrupted and don't hit as many foes as Tyranny either, junk.

Dark Water is pretty much junk too, why Inq gets an insta cast and we don't on the same type spell is whack btw.

Our sigils are whack, GTAE, only Vile Darkness and Ravaging Power use Lurking Decays and are targeted spells, rest are a pain to use in PvP. Heard they might have all sigils be targeted AoEs in 1.5, hope so, really hope so.

Cabalist is best if you constantly stay on the move spamming Tyranny out of harms way, DON'T use your longer casting spells if it means losing ground to the approaching enemy. I actually spam AoE HoTs in between Tyranny blasts to help my group by offhealing, which is why I like Warden since it allows me to constantly stay on the move.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Morguloth View Post

AVOID Bound Fate and Shadows Touch in PvP, remove 'em, a stationary Cabby is a dead Cabby unless you've got a healbot, BOTH are easily interrupted and don't hit as many foes as Tyranny either, junk.
    I use both fairly often in pvp. :/
    Gilg - 50 Guardian Cleric on Briarcliff
    Maximation
    We're recruiting active, competent raiders who enjoy being competitive while having fun!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by PapaHodge View Post
    Dont listen to any of these guys. If you want to play Cab, than play Cab! I am personally only Rank 3, and 80% of the time i do most damage/KB's in WF's. I play in my PvE gear(all t3 gear + 2 peices from HK).

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10ode.EtAqtAkdk.Vx.V

Use this build. If your still new to Cab, it can be quite confusing...what should you use? what shouldn't you use?
    Cabalist is very situational on what you spells you should use according to different situations.
    For AoE, you will want to try and stay back and blast from a distance. This arguably the squishiest soul for clerics. As such, DO NOT worry about using your sigils until you have a basic idea of what damaging spells to use.

AoE Rotation would be something like this: Once you get third stack of decay. Curse of Solitude>Maelstrom>Sign Of Asia's>Tyranny spam until Sign of Asia's runs out>Bound fate>Shadows Touchx2>Rinse and repeat.

Yes, you can spam Tyranny the whole time if you want. But you will get more damage with Tyranny per each stack of decay.

Single Target rotation: Curse of Discord>Distorted Shadows>Obliterate>Bound Fate/Shadows Touch

Your weakness is focus fire and melee in this build. You have plenty of tools in this build to help with these irritants.

Quick Tips: Always try and use both Curse of Solitude and Curse of Discord when off cool downs.
    What he said. I just started playing cab and use the above spec. I was playing nothing but PS over the weekend to get used to it. After a few matches and tweaks, I must say that I really enjoyed running cab. I'm only R4, but I was still able to be top 3-5 in damage and get 20-30 KB's a match. I'd even get those numbers in my PvE gear (mainly all T1 raid gear) when I forgot to switch out gear. While that's nice and all, it also helps soften up the opposition for the melee to run through as well. Now if only Guardians can win more often I'd be happy.

But yeah, if you get separated from your healers or your group, survival tends to drop a bit, but you can still get some 1v1 kills if you're smart on your CD's.
    Nerdrage QQ tears make me happy!

I suggest taking everything in here with a grain of salt and try the soul out yourself using the suggestions here as a basis. That being said, this is how "I" personally play my cab.

My build is 51/11/4 cab/inq/ward. While not the highest DPS possible spec for a cab, it is not far from it, and gives you access to purge in Inq, which, when combined with the cab PBAoE purge, lets you strip three buffs off one target fairly often, which is good when fighting a multitude of classes, warlocks and rogues specifically.

1. As mentioned before, gear has a lot to do with making this soul really shine. With 1.7k+ SP and 900+ SC, as was mentioned earlier in the thread, you will undoubtedly be a powerhouse and a threat.
    2. Curse of Solitude/Discord are powerful abilities, but are used to best effect against classes that bust out lots of attacks (melee rogues and warriors in assist trains). Definitely pop these on overextended warriors; they will be easy pickings.
    3. Shadow's Touch is a very good ability, and it sets you up for some big burst when combined with obliterate. When timed right, you can consistently burst nearly any target for at least 3.5k damage with these two abilities alone. This ability hurts. Use it.
    4. Don't spam tyranny unless the situation calls for it. If you read a suggestion that says "spam tyranny" even when targets aren't clumped, they probably just like to see big numbers at the end of warfronts. I played a losing PS with a cabby on the other team that spammed Tyranny all game. He had 700k dmg to my 300k, but only 2 more deathblows. Just lots of fluff damage.
    5. Stay with your group. You are a glass cannon, even if you dip into healing trees for more survivability. (In my opinion, it's just delaying the inevitable. I say go for max damage if you are going to play a cabby.)
    6. Battlefield awareness is extremely important with this class. Prekite, position yourself well, and always read the flow of battle and react accordingly. This is true for ANY class/soul you play.

This is just how I play my cab. Adjust and develop a playstyle that suits you. Good Hunting.
    Last edited by Gildartz; 09-19-2011 at 09:24 PM.
    Gorz - Cleric - Esti Efiu

Quote Originally Posted by PapaHodge View Post
    When I am not running Cabicar for raid heals I run a build close to that for pure dps but have 1/1 Armor of Devotion and drop a point out of Fanatic's Faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Morguloth View Post

AVOID Bound Fate and Shadows Touch in PvP, remove 'em
    This is bad advice and should be ignored.

Telaran

Ugh don't listen to people saying not to use your aoe silence etc. Probably one of the most usefull spells a caba has. I do agree that i wouldn't bother with cab prior to at least P6. Once past P6 you can put out impressive aoe burst with a normal rotation.

I usually start with tyranny, pop Curse of solitude, bound fate and back into tyranny. If they have competent healers you aint gonna burst them down solo but you will drain healers mana like no tomorrow.

Save obliterate for low health targets. I usually select a healer as primary if i see em dip low ill finish off with obliterate.

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    This is bad advice and should be ignored.
    To each his own, I hate the 2 second cast times, I prefer to stay mobile. I stay away from spells with long cast times in PvP for the most part. a) they tend to get interrupted b) targets move around so fast in PvP half the time they're out of range or run behind something, killing your spell casting. c) standing still makes you a MUCH easier target....durp. d) Tyranny hits more targets and is insta cast, allowing me to stay on the move so I don't get overrun, which casting Bound Fate and Shadow's Touch will do to you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2