+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New PTS build new changes

Ascendant

I doubt this has anything to do with complaints, they might have just realised they made it way too easy to get a critical as a cleric.

Quote Originally Posted by Malark View Post
    I doubt this has anything to do with complaints, they might have just realised they made it way too easy to get a critical as a cleric.
    While at the same time, reducing our desire for that by removing on crit effects and making them fixed RNG.

I like this change much better. It doesn't completely screw the people who've been getting crit, since they'll still have it, while making wisdom slightly better than intelligence at a basic level.
    "You're right. Technically he has the right to cry about it. And I have the right to mock him for crying about something stupid." ~Bridgeburner
    "Try to hate other people less, you might enjoy life more." ~Tenet

73 Likes , 1 Infraction, Liked 228 posts, and counting...

Woooo Non-GCD taunt. That and Nameplates were the only thing i missed from WoW

Cleric Tank

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Radak View Post
    As for talent changes I found 1 so far.
    Bolt of Radiance (justicar soul) no longer taunts while using Mien of Leadership and is now a simple ranged ability.
    However we got a new ability called Provoke which reads as followed:
    Provoke Rank 1
    59mana 30meter range
    Cooldown: 8sec

Forces the target to attack the Cleric
    for 3seconds. Does not trigger a
    global Cooldown
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but do rogues and warriors have anything that even comes close to this tauntwise? I'm guessing it has no traveltime as well.
    If they don't have a close alternative, won't this make us insanely OP? Warriors would still be first choice I guess due to SO, but it'd be yet another reason to not have a rogue tank.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #20
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Jinjah View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but do rogues and warriors have anything that even comes close to this tauntwise? I'm guessing it has no traveltime as well.
    If they don't have a close alternative, won't this make us insanely OP? Warriors would still be first choice I guess due to SO, but it'd be yet another reason to not have a rogue tank.
    All single target taunts are intended to be off the GCD and deal no damage for 1.5 and beyond. This is across all classes.

~Daglar

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Spyrit View Post
    Actually they would just have to be a little less abrupt with changes like that, month isn't long enough for some people, they may have to make it two or three months notice in advance. The key talents in the crit dependent specs were posetive changes, even though some may feel they aren't. This opens the door for new hybrid specs possibly, and more changes to less key talents. Should we need them.

We can wear chain gear and not be gimped by it.
    No doubt that the talent changes to be less gear dependent is a good thing in the long run (and I'm wearing chain and doing fine as well).
    But the problem about the str/wis rebalancing is that issue might still be the same, even with a longer notice. Hopefully you're right and people will indeed be less heavily geared toward crit by then and there will be less complaints about that kind of change ;)

Sorry but that's just ******ed. It's not like half the calling in the game get 1 point of crit out of their main attribute (that is boosted by talents) and aren't becoming OP just because of that.

All single target taunts are intended to be off the GCD and deal no damage for 1.5 and beyond. This is across all classes.
    Nice change!

Telaran

Default ---Question about convictions---

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post

~Daglar
    So in essence, this now nerfs the abilities we have to build convictions? I'm sorry I do not appreciate this change.

Dont get me wrong, a off gcd taunt is amazing.

Now the only ranged (justicar) conviction ability is Sovereignty, and that is at a horrible 20 Second Cool down.

Please dev's let bolt of radiance keep its damage. Its Measly, no one ever crys....OMG I just got blown away by Bolt of RADIANCE!

Quote Originally Posted by beemoved View Post
    So in essence, this now nerfs the abilities we have to build convictions? I'm sorry I do not appreciate this change.

Now the only ranged (justicar) conviction ability is Sovereignty, and that is at a horrible 20 Second Cool down.

Please dev's let bolt of radiance keep its damage. Its Measly, no one ever crys....OMG I just got blown away by Bolt of RADIANCE!
    Uhm, Bolt of Radiance is still there, it just no longer Taunts while wearing Mein of Leadership.
    "You're right. Technically he has the right to cry about it. And I have the right to mock him for crying about something stupid." ~Bridgeburner
    "Try to hate other people less, you might enjoy life more." ~Tenet

73 Likes , 1 Infraction, Liked 228 posts, and counting...

bolt of radiance is keeping its damage as it is no longer a taunt

Rift Disciple

Sorry for my poor english but, regarding the change made on PTS about the bolt of radiance :
    I'm not using any of my taunt abilities on regular tanking since i don't have the use of it, and i'm keeping my bolt for the case i effectively lost the agro from the mob. But i can predict some problems to happen if we lost the bolt because, since it's just a taunt, it will put us on 110% of the highest person in the agro list of the mob and force it to target us, not to come close to us. If we're unable, at any time from the moment we cast the taunt, and the last second of the force target to generate 1 TPS, then this will signicate the death of one of our mate.
    Since this case happens really often in raids (stuck, mezz, stun, snared, or damage debuffed/heal debuffed) and since DPS/HPS (by this way you can translate to TPS) is increased again and again, and again since this made us lost 1 GCD, and our CD's are on 1.5 secs, this means :
    -Lost agro, second 0
    -Skill was on, make our fingers go to the taunt touch, and use it, second 1
    -Cast taunt, but no matters it's no GCD, it's trigger a GCD anyway, second 1 start of the force target.
    -You can again put some damage on the monster after the CD triggered, second 2.5
    -Damage becomes effective in the TPS, second 4.

We lost about 1.5 seconds, flat 4290 Threat point on a raid T2 geared DPS warrior (2k2 DPS on average, (2200*1.5)*1.3 = 4290) HOW THE HELL ARE WE SUPPOSED TO KEEP THOSES 4kTP WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO DO NOTHING STUCK IN GCD ?

Again sorry for my english.

Oh look, another person with a strong vocal opinion based on complete ignorance. Here's an idea, understand something first, then comment on it.

Sunspots the Retired
    Once R8 Guardian Cleric of Seastone
    Proud Alumni of [breaking bads]

Observe my Past Glory in Video Format here!!

Banned

I bet it was the Ragestorm pvp spec that caused the taunt changes. Theres really no other reason to remove damage from taunts cause they add a beneficial threat component for tanks.

Qia

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    I bet it was the Ragestorm pvp spec that caused the taunt changes. Theres really no other reason to remove damage from taunts cause they add a beneficial threat component for tanks.
    Or maybe the fact that Bolt Of radiance (aka the taunt) deals more damage then melee attacks while being tier 2 geared.
    Ip

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sunspots View Post
    Oh look, another person with a strong vocal opinion based on complete ignorance. Here's an idea, understand something first, then comment on it.
    There really are much nicer ways to phrase your posts, if you want to point out that someone is incorrect or misinformed I'm sure someone like you (that is obviously passionate about the game and is clearly interested on some level in sharing your experiences) can do it without being insulting at the same time.

I was warned myself after responding to someone that couldn't just say 'hey i strongly disagree with what you've said/done' they had to also be demeaning about it, frankly i find it a little disappointing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Qia View Post
    Or maybe the fact that Bolt Of radiance (aka the taunt) deals more damage then melee attacks while being tier 2 geared.
    Yea Im sure 1 single taunt changed everything....

pft

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast